Jeremy Clarkson is 'caught on camera using N-word'

webfact

Plenty were offended but they were powerless to do anything about it.

Depends how old you are.When I grew up there no pickaninies living amongst us.But we did have the Black and White Minstrel Show and good Al Jolson,one of my favourite songs is Mammy.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schools in part of the UK have even banned using the name "Black Sheep" when singing the famous nursery rhyme...

Now they must sing "Ba Ba BLUE Sheep"

And that is not a joke.

I talked to an Aussie who teaches history, until 2 years ago in Yorkshire. He was told, "Do not teach about the British Empire, history of food, medicine , and fashion is ok" They do not want white kids running around telling the Empires subjects who their masters were. WWII history will be next.

You know 25 years I've been involved in education and I've missed all these things. I thought was observant but clearly I have not been paying attention. Really must get my act together.

I would suggest you go back to preschool and start all over again.If you are a teacher god help the world.

Plenty were offended but they were powerless to do anything about it.

Depends how old you are.When I grew up there no pickaninies living amongst us.But we did have the Black and White Minstrel Show and good Al Jolson,one of my favourite songs is Mammy.

Again those who were offended by those particular forms of racism were powerless to object. True it was a different time then, thankfully they are long gone and with them the attitudes that prevailed towards race them. I remember the bovver boys, the violent racism that prevailed at football, the hate and the fear. I have no desire for the return of any of the racist attitudes back then, be it TV, advertising or the violent thugs whose hate poisoned all they touched.

• Like 1

What about Robertson's golliwogs ? I used to collect them because it made me feel so masterful! For God's sake (are we allowed to say that?) Judging by the state the world is in ,all the wars and the xenophobia (good word that!) then I would say all this political correctness has done sweet f ..all!

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by leggo

Schools in part of the UK have even banned using the name "Black Sheep" when singing the famous nursery rhyme...

And that is not a joke.

I talked to an Aussie who teaches history, until 2 years ago in Yorkshire. He was told, "Do not teach about the British Empire, history of food, medicine , and fashion is ok" They do not want white kids running around telling the Empires subjects who their masters were. WWII history will be next.

You know 25 years I've been involved in education and I've missed all these things. I thought was observant but clearly I have not been paying attention. Really must get my act together.

I would suggest you go back to preschool and start all over again.If you are a teacher god help the world.

Clearly you know nothing about what goes on in schools. I do. Those things I responded to have never happened in any school I have worked in. If you don't want to believe that, then tough. Having seen your previous posts on this thread I really do not care what you think. Edited by Bluespunk

It is 2015 and clearly more than an acceptable (if there is such a thing) number of Caucasians maintain a wicked and pathetic slave-era mindset. "The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree", but clearly in many families, it continues to rot where it is.

I do not see anywhere near the frequency of overt and blatant racism exhibited by others towards Caucasians.

• Like 2

And that is not a joke.

Where in the UK is this being done?

In Scotland, where my mother is a teacher.

And that is not a joke.

Well here's an article from BBC news...8 years ago.

Obviously you were talking when you should have been listening. Now get to the back of the class!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/4782856.stm

More recently...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/04/10/pupils-sing-baa-baa-little-sheep-political-correctness-mad_n_1414042.html

Edited by baxida

No one really cares about this type of thing but the news has to make an issue of it as they did with Donald Sterling. Who hasn't made a racial, religious or ethnic slur. No one is that perfect. Have we gotten so politically correct that when something like this is heard everyone has to come out of the woodwork to object and the news must make a story out of it for days?

To all those anti-pc posters who delight in protecting free speech and think this is all in good fun let me pose three questions and ask that you answer them honestly.

1. You have a disabled child and are pushing their wheelchair through the supermarket one day when someone asks you to move the f-----g cripple out of the way.

2. Your son is gay (or homosexual if "gay" is too pc for you) and you hear someone refer to him as "that flaming faggot

(or queer if you are in the UK)"

3. You are in a pub/bar with your wife and the barman asks what the fat c---t wants to drink (even if she is one).

Would you:

a) Slap the old chap/good old mate on the back, chuckle at his sense of humor and be grateful for freedom of speech or

cool.png Be deeply offended?

Be honest now

1. I personally don't know anyone who is finds political correctness irritating at times who would make a comment like that and nor would I want to know them. That is bullying as they cannot hit back.

2 If he said 'flaming faggot' in England he'd most likely be a northerner. They call us southerners worse than that all the time but we are very understanding. They can't help being born in the wrong half of the country.

3 I'd say my wife may be a 'fat c...' but she's still a better shag than yours.

Next.

edited for the PC boys and girls. thumbsup.gif

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 2

And that is not a joke.

Obviously you were talking when you should have been listening. Now get to the back of the class!!!

More recently...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/04/10/pupils-sing-baa-baa-little-sheep-political-correctness-mad_n_1414042.html

So that's two nurseries 8 years ago and one school two years ago? Help! We're being overrun!

<

I will be careful with this as I don't intend to go too far off topic or offend, my personal thoughts are just that at this point.

The tail can and does wag the dog at times. This morning I read a report that Subway Sandwiches in Britain will remove non-halal meat etc from 180 plus outlets because of objections from local Moslem communities.

Whatever happened to ' when in Rome ' ? I have been in Asia for 37 years and can't say i agree with all I see, hear and have to live with but there are ways of getting on with things.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/subway-removes-ham-bacon-halal.shtml

So the hoax slayer site says it is factually correct.

To all those anti-pc posters who delight in protecting free speech and think this is all in good fun let me pose three questions and ask that you answer them honestly.

1. You have a disabled child and are pushing their wheelchair through the supermarket one day when someone asks you to move the f-----g cripple out of the way.

2. Your son is gay (or homosexual if "gay" is too pc for you) and you hear someone refer to him as "that flaming faggot
(or queer if you are in the UK)"

3. You are in a pub/bar with your wife and the barman asks what the fat c---t wants to drink (even if she is one).

Would you:

a) Slap the old chap/good old mate on the back, chuckle at his sense of humor and be grateful for freedom of speech or

cool.png Be deeply offended?

Be honest now

I get where you are going but this is a slightly different issue. I would not expect my child to refer to themselves as a f......ing cripple, or a flaming faggot, nor would I expect my wife to refer to herself as a fat c...t. and if they did refer to themselves in such demeaning terms then they could not take issue if others followed their example.

The N word is forbidden to be said by white people but totally acceptable language to be used in a public place by black people. It is either racist or it is not. Racist is an absolute term you either are or are not and therefore the words are also. If it is used and accepted by one group but not permitted by another then it is positive discrimination.

• Like 2

<

I will be careful with this as I don't intend to go too far off topic or offend, my personal thoughts are just that at this point.

The tail can and does wag the dog at times. This morning I read a report that Subway Sandwiches in Britain will remove non-halal meat etc from 180 plus outlets because of objections from local Moslem communities.

Whatever happened to ' when in Rome ' ? I have been in Asia for 37 years and can't say i agree with all I see, hear and have to live with but there are ways of getting on with things.

The hoaxslayer site is pointing put that Subway is trying to sell sandwiches and in an area with a high proportion of Muslims they aren't likely to sell many that contain pork so they've swapped the pork for turkey. Seems a very sensible thing to do if you're trying to sell sandwiches rather than drum up a bit of faux moral outrage.

<

The hoaxslayer site is pointing put that Subway is trying to sell sandwiches and in an area with a high proportion of Muslims they aren't likely to sell many that contain pork so they've swapped the pork for turkey. Seems a very sensible thing to do if you're trying to sell sandwiches rather than drum up a bit of faux moral outrage.

Why can't they offer both fillings ? This isn't an isolated situation but supposedly covers 180 plus outlets. I can accept a Moselm saying they don't eat non-halal because it's against their religion but saying it shouldn't be available because it's against my religion is ... !

For PC gone mad what's next, will pubs have to close because in certain areas a non-alcohol drinking Moslem majority are against them ?

Don't eat pork sandwiches because that's your right, don't drink alcohol or go into pubs because it's your right but it's my right to do so if I choose.

I don't appreciate someone elses' way of life being forced on me and I definitely don't appreciate a government that lets it happen.

@jb1

You

Must just be racist areas

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1571187/School-nativity-plays-under-threat.html

jb1

Me

Or a report from a notoriously racist paper.

Please tell me that you are not trying to say that the link provided was racist from a racist newspaper.

For the Lords sake. Get over yourself.

jb1

Nope. What i was really saying is that the report was not correct when it asserted that schools are acting in a racist manner. Typical telegraph BS.

Though it is a "little englander" rag and has a distinct agenda in much of its reporting.

As for get over myself, what are you on about? Do you not like different opinions being aired to yours? Does disagreeing with you assume arrogance? For lords sake

Edited by Bluespunk

And that is not a joke.

More recently...

I've listened to these stories for years and again I state I've never seen it happen or met any one who has worked in a school doing this and I have worked in areas with mixed ethnic and religious groups.

What was I doing all that time eh, tch tch...deary me. Must have missed all those directives, really must try to keep up.

Edited by Bluespunk

Why can't they offer both fillings ? This isn't an isolated situation but supposedly covers 180 plus outlets. I can accept a Moselm saying they don't eat non-halal because it's against their religion but saying it shouldn't be available because it's against my religion is ... !

For PC gone mad what's next, will pubs have to close because in certain areas a non-alcohol drinking Moslem majority are against them ?

Don't eat pork sandwiches because that's your right, don't drink alcohol or go into pubs because it's your right but it's my right to do so if I choose.

I don't appreciate someone elses' way of life being forced on me and I definitely don't appreciate a government that lets it happen.

Is anyone forcing you to eat in a restaurant that serves food that you don't want to eat? cheesy.gif

Edit - sorry forgot the question mark.

Edited by sustento

Are there any n****** here tonight? Could you turn on the house lights, please, and could the waiters and waitresses just stop serving, just for a second? And turn off this spot. Now what did he say? "Are there any n****** here tonight?" I know there's one n*****, because I see him back there working. Let's see, there's two n******. And between those two n****** sits a ky**. And there's another ky** that's two ky*** and three n******. And there's a sp**. Right? Hmm? There's another sp**. Ooh, there's a w**; there's a p*****; and, oh, a couple of greaseballs. And there's three lace-curtain Irish mi***. And there's one, hip, thick, hunky, funky, boogie. Boogie boogie. Mm-hmm. I got three ky**** here, do I hear five ky****? I got five ky***, do I hear six sp****, I got six sp****, do I hear seven n******? I got seven ******. Sold American. I pass with seven n******, six sp***, five micks, four ky***, three gu*****, and one w***. Well, I was just trying to make a point, and that is that it's the suppression of the word that gives it the power, the violence, the viciousness. Dig: if President Kennedy would just go on television, and say, "I would like to introduce you to all the n****** in my cabinet," and if he'd just say "n***** , n*****, n*****, n*****, n*****" to every n***** he saw, "boogie, boogie, boogie, boogie,boogie," "n*****,n*****n*****, n*****, n*****." 'til n***** didn't mean anything anymore, then you could never make some six-year-old black kid cry because somebody called him a n***** at school.

Lenny Bruce

Words only hurt if you let them.

I believe Bruce was trying to make a point. That is a bit more than this simple minded man was trying to do. Everyone knew Bruce was brilliant, and did not have a racist bone in his body. He was educating the masses. Do you really think that was the intention of this fool? Come on. You can do better than this.

• Like 1