Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

I think that's a great signing for them, should never have gone to City.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing Rus but to be honest it's neither parties fault that it didn't turn out for him. Unfortunately he was plagued by injuries for the 2 years and struggled to get his place back. Then, when he was given a start.....injured again.

I'm happy that we'll recoup 10mil from him and also hope he gets his career back on track.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hindsight is a wonderful thing Rus but to be honest it's neither parties fault that it didn't turn out for him. Unfortunately he was plagued by injuries for the 2 years and struggled to get his place back. Then, when he was given a start.....injured again.

I'm happy that we'll recoup 10mil from him and also hope he gets his career back on track.

Fair comment mate you know I respect your opinion but, with respect to Chelsea and City, the young British player is never gonna be able to ply his trade there injuries or not, so I'm afraid in this instance, a little foresight 'was' necessary.

redrus

• Like 1

Fair comment mate you know I respect your opinion but, with respect to Chelsea and City, the young British player is never gonna be able to ply his trade there injuries or not, so I'm afraid in this instance, a little foresight 'was' necessary.

Yep. Joe Hart is purely a bench warmer biggrin.png

I know where your coming from matey and yeah, it is hard but not impossible for a young English tongue.png player to ply his trade at City and Chelsea but so it should be at any club. In the main, a average English player is a lot more expensive than a top class johnny foreigner so you can't blame any club for buying foreigners. Even you guys aren't awash with English lads like you used to be.

Yep. Joe Hart is purely a bench warmer biggrin.png

I know where your coming from matey and yeah, it is hard but not impossible for a young English tongue.png player to ply his trade at City and Chelsea but so it should be at any club. In the main, a average English player is a lot more expensive than a top class johnny foreigner so you can't blame any club for buying foreigners. Even you guys aren't awash with English lads like you used to be.

Goalkeepers are different I think mate, you really do have to get thee very best you can as they are so thin on the ground. We really really tried our best with Ben Foster but, he just couldn't cut at a big club. Wish him all the very best but he was given every opportunity.

I'm not really blaming City to be fair ol pal, I guess I'm actually blaming Rodwell really, for not seeing the bigger picture. He would have been far better off at an Arsenal or, dare I say it, United.

As for us not being awash with UK lads, I think thats on the turn again, I really do and I blame Fergie for letting go of it. Our last game of the season and the recent tour of the US prove that its there, and hopefully LvG will tap into that as he so famous for having done in the past.

redrus

• Like 1

United boss Louis van Gaal is set to tell executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward that Hernandez and Kagawa can be sold, along with midfielders Marouane Fellaini and Anderson, both 26, winger Nani, 27, and possibly 21-year-old forward Wilfried Zaha. Daily Mail

And when Mr van Gaal gets back from the US, he is going to be getting Mr Woodward's cheque book out. w00t.gif

selling a few first i believe , if rumors r true ;kagawa anderson and hernandez r odds on follwed by zaha fellane nani maybe a couple of defenders and looks like i was wrong bout mara seems he stays atm . but sounds like its gonna b clear out qof the century at old trafford

Edited by rijit

selling a few first i believe , if rumors r true ;kagawa anderson and hernandez r odds on follwed by zaha fellane nani maybe a couple of defenders and looks like i was wrong bout mara seems he stays atm . but sounds like its gonna b clear out qof the century at old trafford

Yep. Looks like van Gaal is grabbing UNITED by the throat.

( Fantastic preseason results given he's only worked with the squad for a couple of weeks. Not many managers could do what van Gaal has done imho.)

UNITED transfer window will be very interesting. And it all starts today because today is the day he sits down face to face with the players he is releasing. Before he talks to the press again. Quality. thumbsup.gif

And it all starts today because today is the day he sits down face to face with the players he is releasing. Before he talks to the press again. Quality. thumbsup.gif

talking to the players first is the way to go, but announcing to all that he's going to,,,,, aint the smartest move, but we'll c.

Financially it might make perfectly good sense to the owners at Southampton.

A bit like the Newcastle scenario with Ashley.

Ie. compete at a level they know they can make money from. No point trying to compete with the big money boys like City and United ( and now Liverpool smile.png )

Will Southampton win the Prem? Nope.

Will Southampton get relegated? I don't think so.

Southampton owners are probably quite happy atm.

This Beeb article seems to imply you guessed wrong. Looks like it's chaos, not strategy, at Southampton

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28593032

Edit: self censored for gratuitous insult.

Edited by SantiSuk

Financially it might make perfectly good sense to the owners at Southampton.

A bit like the Newcastle scenario with Ashley.

Ie. compete at a level they know they can make money from. No point trying to compete with the big money boys like City and United ( and now Liverpool smile.png )

Will Southampton win the Prem? Nope.

Will Southampton get relegated? I don't think so.

Southampton owners are probably quite happy atm.

This Beeb article seems to imply you guessed wrong. Looks like it's chaos, not strategy, at Southampton

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28593032

Edit: self censored for gratuitous insult.

Yep. Southampton could drop down the table like an anvil down a mineshaft.

Seems like Schneiderlin is Schpitting the dummy.

Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin has told the club he is "not ready to play" as talk of interest from Tottenham continues.

The France international has been linked with following ex-boss Mauricio Pochettino to White Hart Lane as part of the St. Mary's exodus.

As many as six players have departed for pastures new but Ronald Koeman has insisted Schneiderlin is going nowhere.

The Dutchman has again reiterated that stance but revealed the player has informed him he is not ready to play in Saturday's friendly with Bayer Levekusen and will therefore be given two days off to consider his future.

Koeman told BBC Sport: "The situation is difficult, the player makes it difficult.

"Tomorrow he is not in our squad. He said he is not physically and, even more, mentally prepared for tomorrow. On one side I can understand that.

"We told him to take the weekend off and think about the situation. He will continue as a football player of Southampton. Now it is up to him."

Seems like Schneiderlin is Schpitting the dummy.

Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin has told the club he is "not ready to play" as talk of interest from Tottenham continues.

The France international has been linked with following ex-boss Mauricio Pochettino to White Hart Lane as part of the St. Mary's exodus.

As many as six players have departed for pastures new but Ronald Koeman has insisted Schneiderlin is going nowhere.

The Dutchman has again reiterated that stance but revealed the player has informed him he is not ready to play in Saturday's friendly with Bayer Levekusen and will therefore be given two days off to consider his future.

Koeman told BBC Sport: "The situation is difficult, the player makes it difficult.

"Tomorrow he is not in our squad. He said he is not physically and, even more, mentally prepared for tomorrow. On one side I can understand that.

"We told him to take the weekend off and think about the situation. He will continue as a football player of Southampton. Now it is up to him."

Presumably now, as seems standard practice, the player will go on strike to force a move. Its also wrong isn't it.

is it ? every other work place u want to go to a bigger and better co, and ure current.wont match whats on offer ?what happens ? u leave . Cos football s placed f---- cin rid' lous values on its employees., thats an industry issue not its employees.

is it ? every other work place u want to go to a bigger and better co, and ure current.wont match whats on offer ?what happens ? u leave . Cos football s placed f---- cin rid' lous values on its employees., thats an industry issue not its employees.

I hear what you say and i don't disagree but that doesn't make their actions right does it.

They are paid huge sums of money to kick a ball around and all thats asked is to behave in an ethical manner. After all, no one forces them to sign contracts that make them multi millionaires overnight.

Its the way it is but it simply doesn't make it right is all i'm saying

A contract is a contract and they have contracts for a reason. In employment terms it is there to protect both employee and employer and when both parties agreed and signed it, they were both happy with that agreement. If people were to ignore contracts without recourse, the world would be in disarray (more than it is already).

Has Schneiderlin put in a transfer request yet? Players and agents don't like doing that cos it costs them a lot of money. But if he wants to get out of his contract, that's what he should do. Southampton are not in the wrong here and just want a player who is contracted to the club, to do his job.

• Like 1

A contract is a contract and they have contracts for a reason. In employment terms it is there to protect both employee and employer and when both parties agreed and signed it, they were both happy with that agreement. If people were to ignore contracts without recourse, the world would be in disarray (more than it is already).

Has Schneiderlin put in a transfer request yet? Players and agents don't like doing that cos it costs them a lot of money. But if he wants to get out of his contract, that's what he should do. Southampton are not in the wrong here and just want a player who is contracted to the club, to do his job.

You'll probably find he hasn't because if he does he'll lose his "loyalty" bonus. biggrin.png

You'll probably find he hasn't because if he does he'll lose his "loyalty" bonus. biggrin.png

Exactomundo. It's a joke ain't it.

You can take it a step further and ask yourself if we really want to sign him.

Ask yourself how you feel about Bale....yes the Saints midfielder would be a good addition...however.....

Perhaps its just something we have to accept as the norm nowadays.

• Like 1

yep asked for and as far as i can tell refused. from here on is a battle of attrition, Ultimately the player leaves. wether it be now for decent money or a season.down the road, probably, for a lot less . Things change in footie ridiculously quickly, slightly diferent michu 20 mil plus wouldnt buy him a season ago injury a change of manager and he's on loan and it wouldnt be a total shock if swansea just released him. 20 ish mil.... chow.chow !!! seems like southampton r strongly business minded if their valuations met, they will take the money, dumb not to.

Edited by rijit