Lite Beer

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time this show was put to bed.

You've got to be kidding.

clap2.gif EUROVISION FOREVER!wub.png

Little chance of Eurovision being axed. It is one of the longest running TV programmes of all time, every year since 1956 and is watched by an audience of some 200 million across Europe and globally, even LOS.

As you have nations competing who are in de facto conflict situations, Azerbaijan-Armenia, Russia-Georgia, Russia-Ukraine, perhaps territorial disputes could be settled by the respective nations Eurovision rankings plus perhaps a resurrected Jeux sans Frontiers, hopefully without Stuart Hall...

As to it being the home of mediocrity, while the offerings this year by France, San Marino and others were certainly up to that requirement, Eurovision has launched the careers of Abba, Celine Dion and Julio Iglesias.

Probably the most extraordinary spectacle last night was Poland's entry, extolling the virtues of Slavic girls, whilst stage left a well-endowed Polish lady with a partial wardrobe malfunction was pleasuring a broom stick handle in the style of churning butter....!!

Celine Dion? You sure?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Eurovision contest has always been politically influenced. This time as well.

I guess most of the Europeans just wanted to send their message to Putin, who has previously been against gay rights as well as everything which does not follow the old school morals.

I expect the Internet to modify this image so that there is few used tissues on the table, while his right hand is under the table.

10341773_10152810784944619_1673035763820

Europeans showing their dislike now of Putin, every time Russia was voted for, or mentioned chorus of boo's from the audience

No boos from me, Russia Rocks!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Intolerance, bigotry. homophobe...are all words used to stifle free-speech...Your preferences are of no importance to me...having to be indoctrinated to your chosen lifestyle...having to endure your constant display of how prideful you are of your selection...is another story...

• Like 1

The horror...the horror...I'm referring (mostly) to that awful beard...

Why western gays have always to make some f****ng 'point'?

Winning Eurovision?

That's a good point.

Could you do it ... in drag ... or not?

I think not.

Why the hostility towards gays? Are they hurting you? Stealing your women or something?

http://www.onenewspage.com/n/Lifestyle/750ebtwyl/Can-bearded-Austrian-drag-queen-take-on.htm

OK, so he's a regular male gender identified gay man. Not transgender at all. The drag queen thing is just a performance schtick.

Can a bearded Austrian drag queen take on Russia?

Austria has incited anti-gay and transphobic rhetoric in Russia by entering Conchita Wurst into Eurovision. Can she do for drag what Dana International did for trans people?

His and hirsute: Conchita Wurst, Austria's 2014 entry for Eurovision who has caused controversy in Russia.

Whatever you think of the song, a vote for Conchita on the night is another vote against Russian homophobia and transphobia and a win would send out a strong message eastwards. Will Conchita be the Royaume Uni’s Douze points?

Edited by Jingthing

Intolerance, bigotry. homophobe...are all words used to stifle free-speech...Your preferences are of no importance to me...having to be indoctrinated to your chosen lifestyle...having to endure your constant display of how prideful you are of your selection...is another story...

Intolerance, bigotry, and homophobia are real things. Not only in Russia.

Edited by Jingthing

On the other hand, he probably reminds some of the Austrians of their mothers, so maybe he can get a steady job as a product spokesperson for a chain of restaurants or laundry detergent.

Can you explain that "joke" to me, before I give you a appropriate answer?

Do you know my 2 mothers? The biological, died after a tractor accident, 2 meters from me, when I was 3 years young!

My adoptive mother was the BEST what happened in my life and that poem out of a movie is dedicated to her, after her painful cancer related death from me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._H._Auden By the way, Auden, died in Austria to!

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,

Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,

Silence the pianos and with muffled drum

Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead

Scribbling on the sky the message She Is Dead,

Put crêpe bows round the white necks of the public doves,

Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

She was my North, my South, my East and West,

My working week and my Sunday rest,

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;

I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;

Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;

Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.

For nothing now can ever come to any good.

So, what shall that guy remind me off? blink.png

The horror...the horror...I'm referring (mostly) to that awful beard...

Why western gays have always to make some f****ng 'point'?

We derive enormous entertainment from watching straights complain that we're 'ramming it down their throats' They wish! laugh.png

As to it being the home of mediocrity, while the offerings this year by France, San Marino and others were certainly up to that requirement, Eurovision has launched the careers of Abba, Celine Dion and Julio Iglesias.

Celine Dion? You sure?

Yes, win 1988 for Switzerland

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest_1988

Celine Dion? You sure?

Yes, win 1988 for Switzerland

Well I'll be! how does that happen? her being a Canadian and all that.

And when did it stop having serious singers and turn in to the freak show it is now?

Edited by Scott

Well I'll be! how does that happen? her being a Canadian and all that.

And when did it stop having serious singers and turn in to the freak show it is now?

"No restriction on the nationality of the performers exists, which has resulted in countries being represented by artists who are not nationals of that country. One of the most well-known winning artists, Canadian Céline Dion represented Switzerland in 1988."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_of_the_Eurovision_Song_Contest

I cannot answer your 2nd question, that is =Artistic freedom= and should be allowed! tongue.png

Edited by ALFREDO

the thing with Eurovision is... as shitty as it as and as many times you promise yourself not to watch it next year, you end up watching it every year. ;) Anyways, the austrian song was actually pretty good for Eurovision standards, the singer's voice isn't that bad either, with or without a beard.

The fact that people make such a big deal of a bearded dude wearing a dress, while there are bigger things to worry about is making humans look like backwards nut jobs. No wonder aliens wouldn't want to talk to us. rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

This could could give Aussies a bad name, so better point out to the Thais that this guiy is an Austrian not an Australian.

Aussies don't behave like this outside of the Madi Gra.

In contrast to Austria where all the men are bearded and wearing dresses every day ...

• Like 2

This could could give Aussies a bad name, so better point out to the Thais that this guiy is an Austrian not an Australian.

In contrast to Austria where all the men are bearded and wearing dresses every day ...

I would say Austria is as conservative as Australia....

I would say Austria is as conservative as Australia....

According to this Australia is relatively gay tolerant. I don't think Austria is shown on this map as being measured at all:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/06/05/a-revealing-map-of-the-countries-that-are-most-and-least-tolerant-of-homosexuality/

those with a gimmick usually win ,what next, some singers disemboweling themselves on stage to get attention of the judges a terrible indictment of its shallow claim to fame

What political message to Putin would that send do you reckon?

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Russkies react.

A bearded man in a dress wins a contest!

It's the end of Europe!
The sky is falling!

How predictable is this?

Victory for Austria's bearded transvestite Conchita Wurst at the Eurovision Song Contest prompted an outpouring of anti-gay anger from Russian politicians and stars on Sunday.

Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin wrote on Twitter that the Eurovision result "showed supporters of European integration their European future: a bearded girl."

"There's no limit to our outrage. It's the end of Europe. It has turned wild. They don't have men and women any more. They have 'it'," nationalist politician Vladimir Zhirinovsky told Rossiya-1 state television.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/11/conchita-wurst-eurovision-russia-_n_5304395.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

on (gay) people showing affection in public: the more interesting question is, would the reaction be the same if a straight couple had done the same thing? While I personally find such behavior rather distasteful regardless of orientation, yet most of those folks complaining about gays acting in such a way would have no problem whatsoever with straight people doing the exact same thing. That's what I call hypocrisy and cognitive incapabilities. Certainly not a good role model to teach children manners.

Im easygoing, but that freaks taking the piss , and doing nothing towards tolerance folk of different life styles

You really do not sound very easygoing at all, sorry to inform you.

Calling him a freak is obnoxious. He's a human being. You are no better than him. Probably a lot worse (or more WURST ... more apt in this context) if you look in the mirror.

Also, be clear, it's just a show business persona. In his everyday persona you wouldn't notice him at a supermarket.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1