• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An update of chiang puak gate

ive just been past it on the way to jok somphet and there were quite

a quite a lot of army and police having a meeting sad.png

There were a lot of either army or police at Thapae Gate a few hours ago - it looked like another meeting, but there was too much traffic to get a good look.

Thankyou "marzipan" for your "Feeling" I am here on holidays here with my two young teenage children. I am on the Forum, looking for information based on facts not knee jerk reactions or gut hunches. My children have been freaked by the site of the Army, as you can well imagine, for them, it is not an everyday occurrence. Have been since the weekend trying to encourage them to leave the hotel, so we can have dinner somewhere else, perhaps even try to relax & have some fun before 10pm curfew. So as a concerned mother, I am looking for information, that I can relay back to my children, to reassure them, that the Night Bazaar will be an alright place to go to??? Thanks.

Earlier this evening I was eating and enjoying drinks with an attractive young friend, while being well attended to by attractive and barely-adult young waitresses; the kind of evening I should have happily enjoyed until well past midnight. A little after 9 p.m. the bill was presented and we were politely asked to finish so the staff could go home.

I hate this curfew!

Um, the correct approach is: "Oh no, I live too far to make it home before the curfew! Say, where is your apartment?"

That's good advice with a new friend, I'll keep it in mind. In this case my young friend (early thirties) had known me for years and we're just friends. She's my eye-candy drinking buddy who doesn't mind my admiring and flirting with the other pretty ladies in the restaurant. She's also a sociable bi-sexual who is very good at getting the pretty young waitresses to linger at our table to chat and for light-weight flirting. Under better circumstances we would have been there for hours.

Once again, I hate this curfew.

Fair enough. ;) Mind, some of the bars keep going a while longer, until midnight or so. They just close the shutters, but the drinking continues inside.

Thankyou "marzipan" for your "Feeling" I am here on holidays here with my two young teenage children. I am on the Forum, looking for information based on facts not knee jerk reactions or gut hunches. My children have been freaked by the site of the Army, as you can well imagine, for them, it is not an everyday occurrence. Have been since the weekend trying to encourage them to leave the hotel, so we can have dinner somewhere else, perhaps even try to relax & have some fun before 10pm curfew. So as a concerned mother, I am looking for information, that I can relay back to my children, to reassure them, that the Night Bazaar will be an alright place to go to??? Thanks.

I understand your situation. This is not the 2006 coup. The political climate has changed drastically. Events are unfolding as we speak. This is not over by a long shot and NO one can guaranty you an airtight place to go.wai.gif

Saw many tourists taking photos with the army guys at tapae gate around noon today. Nobody bothered at all. Cafés opposite all full with people eating and drinking. Some Thais bringing water to the men in green.

I also noticed something which went out of fashion here for a couple of years- the yellow king shirts ; today is Monday and saw several out and about. Showing support and no longer feeling intimidated by the other side maybe.

Drove around town and notice a army presence under the express way by air port plaza; on Nimanhiem road by the uni park entrance and biggest by tapae gate as other said. Keeping out of the way of traffic but there ready in case of any trouble. Made me personally feel safer knowing that if any idiot threw one grenade then they probably be shot before they could unleash another. Hopefully the deterrent will be enough.

re

There were a lot of either army or police at Thapae Gate a few hours ago - it looked like another meeting

this is the second time in a week ive told you ug !

get your eyes tested :)

the police and army were there to celebrate rimping the pandas or something like that ? birthday

and the woman in pink in the background

is having a selfie taken with the soldiers :)

just joshin ... dave2

ps ... the woman shed a tear as she walked away maybe coz she was on her own :(

post-42592-0-10123500-1401108261_thumb.j

post-42592-0-65675400-1401108521_thumb.j

• Like 2

I was busy riding my bicycle and there was a lot of traffic, so didn't get a good look, but there were something like 50 men in uniform. It looked a lot more like your other picture, but I could not make out whether the uniforms were army or police.

the lady on holiday with young kids should be fine at the Night Bazaar. i would encourage her and her family to go and have a nice time. you've only got 2 hours so please enjoy yourself. seafood restaurant in the center is really nice.

as i think about it, she is right...people should not post feelings in times like this; only facts. everyone is different and reacts differently. stay with facts. don't scare the kids!

• Like 1

"The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes over and over again and expecting different results"

This quote was posted onto Tapae Gate on a piece of white A4.

Whether referring to Narcotics Anon. or the coup still quite appropriate. (Apparently that quote originates with NA)

Sorry didn't get a pic but was stuck on about waist height opposite DHL.

After the amount of coups in Thailand that is quite an appropriate message.

Edited by cmsally

I was busy riding my bicycle and there was a lot of traffic, so didn't get a good look, but there were something like 50 men in uniform. It looked a lot more like your other picture, but I could not make out whether the uniforms were army or police.

I went past about 3pm and it looked like a collection of younger soldiers being drilled by a few more experienced.

A friend who lives by Tapae gate says most come from out of province. Although the younger ones today looked Northern or NE

Anyone around around dalad ton payom? Reports of a disturbance (explosion).

Seems it was the controlled destruction of a suspicious package, per cm108.com

I heard something quite loud and distant on Nimmanhamin soi 8 a little before 10 p.m. That must have been some controlled explosion.

Anyone around around dalad ton payom? Reports of a disturbance (explosion).

Seems it was the controlled destruction of a suspicious package, per cm108.com

I heard it from Nong Hor, near the new convention center on the canal road. Said to my wife I thought it sounded more like an explosion than fireworks. Then I thought I was maybe just getting jumpy.

• Like 1

Why the sad face?

Should be happy face they are serious about maintaining public order.

I'll meet you half way in optimism by feeling somewhat encouraged that there is shields and riot gear available.

On too many occasions in the past involving military action against Thai civilians, there was nothing in between 'doing nothing' and 'a hail of bullets'.

That is rubbish and you know it.

In 2010 the military tried softly in partnership with police and what sparked the change of tone was the reds shooting of the military officer co-ordinating the anti riot measures at that intersection in bkk. I forget the name but any one can look up all the news from that time. The red sniped him and then over ran the police and troops and commandeered many weapons which they then went on to use against troops and civilians there after. That is what sparked the serious faze of the military crack down after putting up with months of reds taken over central Bangkok and firing M79 grenades at BTS civilians and peaceful counter protesters.

You should refrain from posting such red propaganda and false hoods as that which I quote. According to the form rules in place currently especially.

Really moderators should give this guy a posting holiday/ ban.

And what happened to on topic info only? Load b*ll*cks about their drinking and womanizing of 'barely legal' girls cluttering up the thread.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand