Military Coup - Chiang Mai

kjhbigv

I would recommend not going through Wing 41 unless you have some extra time to kill. The entrance from Suthep road has an obstacle course type barricade up allowing only one lane so the queue can get slow. Also checking vehicles more closely and saw some being turned back.

Half way through the road it is blocked off completely and have to take a moderately convoluted detour to get out a different gate. Also a queue there as again one way for entering and exiting onto the airport road. Suspect the airport road entry that one normally takes is blocked off. The guards looked to be holding MP5 machine guns.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After the last coup tourism was down for at least 3 months after it finished. I don't expect tourist numbers to pick up until November, assuming it's all calmed down in a month or so. A lot will depend on the reaction from the Red Shirts, or more precisely, Thaksin.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tv/live

Ok it seems that it is an issue with what operating system you have as on my apple mac using safari the site asks for a username and password and on my other windows based computer using chrome or firefox you can view the site no problem

Hope this helps ?

Well, I never would have guessed this, but you are indeed correct. I am using a Mac and when I access the site with Firefox, no login credentials required. When I try to access it with Safari, a pop-up comes up and asks for login credentials.

Strange.

I am using Opera. When the pop up comes up and asks for login credentials, I just close to and click on the arrow that starts it and it works fine.

• Like 1

I am using Opera. When the pop up comes up and asks for login credentials, I just close to and click on the arrow that starts it and it works fine.

That could be why I never see it as I have a popup blocker

add on for FireFox

• Like 1

Get Dave2 over to nimmanhemin on the soi that services Kantary Hill

Group of all black covered face SWAT dudes. Heavily armed... Probably looking after some VIP.

Apparently a member of the Shin clan has a condo there, that might be the reason.

So free to air television is to resume tonight, but so far no decision on satellite channels. Looks like a good night to go to the bar and have a few beers and a meal before turning in for an early night.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

That could be why I never see it as I have a popup blocker

add on for FireFox

Same here. Apparently mystery solved.

The Mae Rim quiet is so nice, no hiss or rumble of vehicles, just the insects, water noise from frogs, fish and turtles, an occasional bird, even the dogs are quiet. Hope it lasts.

I am interested to know what a turtle sounds like.

Splash but sometimes they sing like fish and some species whistle.

True is now giving me the same Thai program on every channel. I was kind of hoping for more.

undoubtedly the Royal News which airs from 20:00-21:00 every day in Thailand. last night it was across all 70+ channels in our house.

Seems a lot of idle speculation above.

I suggest people relax.

If you can post here, you can get the news most anywhere. Who needs TV, for pete's sake! The reason it is probably back on air generally is that so many people have complained about missing their favorite soap operas!

Does that give you some perspective?

• Like 1

Seems a lot of idle speculation above.

I suggest people relax.

If you can post here, you can get the news most anywhere. Who needs TV, for pete's sake! The reason it is probably back on air generally is that so many people have complained about missing their favorite soap operas!

Does that give you some perspective?

Some people like soap operas so I should give up BBC, CNN, and Bloomberg? No, I can't quite grasp that perspective.

The bar where I spent the evening had been told no such thing, and it seems that none of those that I drove past at 9:45 onward had been told either. All were closed or getting ready to do so.

I have just read an interesting article in the Bkk Post that is supposed to be an Insider Report from the meeting between all the parties yesterday. If it is indeed true it is an indictment of the politicians like I have not seen before. They seem to have been treating the situation with a frivolity that is stunning. And it shows just how unrealistic their thinking was. A truly fascinating and damning article.

I think they are going to ber investigating their financial dealings.

The General said he had been accused of taking a huge bribe in 2010 and has been watching them for 3 years. He is well aware of their dealings and the flat out refusal to try and cooperate did it for him. He simply said you have no power now I am taking over.

• Like 1

Hello Oscar. I read it last night in the online version. I will look to see if it is still there today.

thanks brommers, just found it. cheers,

The bar where I spent the evening had been told no such thing, and it seems that none of those that I drove past at 9:45 onward had been told either. All were closed or getting ready to do so.

I have just read an interesting article in the Bkk Post that is supposed to be an Insider Report from the meeting between all the parties yesterday. If it is indeed true it is an indictment of the politicians like I have not seen before. They seem to have been treating the situation with a frivolity that is stunning. And it shows just how unrealistic their thinking was. A truly fascinating and damning article.

I think they are going to ber investigating their financial dealings.

The General said he had been accused of taking a huge bribe in 2010 and has been watching them for 3 years. He is well aware of their dealings and the flat out refusal to try and cooperate did it for him. He simply said you have no power now I am taking over.

Couldn't happen in a democracy.

Hello again. Yes it is still there in my version on my tablet. Posted at 7:27 pm yesterday.

Excellent post! Thats why i come to TV. for post like yours above. Nice job dude, and thanks for sharing!

True is now giving me the same Thai program on every channel. I was kind of hoping for more.

undoubtedly the Royal News which airs from 20:00-21:00 every day in Thailand. last night it was across all 70+ channels in our house.

No books to read then

Checked every one, just in case? biggrin.png

Not a TV person myself but seems obvious why the curtain is closed

to the outside world.

The International Community is not exactly heaping

compliments on this situation via news channels ;)

I am guessing they would rather the citizens not hear

what is being said