Former PM Yingluck May Be Detained For '3-7 Days'

Lite Beer

Former PM Yingluck May Be Detained For '3-7 Days'

By Khaosod Eng.

14008558371400855883l.jpg

BANGKOK — Former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinwatra may be detained by the military for at least “3-7 days” reports say.

Ms. Yingluck, younger sister of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra who was ousted in another military coup in 2006, arrived at the Army Club this morning in compliance with orders from the military junta.

Other prominent politicians of the previous government were also summoned to the Army Club, including former Prime Minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongphaisarn and former Deputy PM Pongthep Thepkanchana.

None of these top politicians have been publicly released. Dozens of vans were seen leaving the Army Club after dark, and it is believed that the politicians were ferried away to military barracks for a prolonged detention.

A source said Ms. Yingluck was sent to a military base in Saraburi, north of Bangkok, where she might be held for at least "3-7" days.

Ms. Yingluck's aides were told in the evening to prepare personal belongings for the former leader, the source said.

The military’s National Peace and Order Maintaining Council (NPOMC), which seized power on Thursday, has also detained dozens of Redshirt activists and allies of the previous government. More than 100 have been banned from leaving the country.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1400855837&section=11&typecate=06

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-05-23

• Like 2

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Internationally, the detention of Yingluck will be a Public Relations disaster for the Generals.

Domestically, she is still popular in the provinces, and this will only lead to inflame her supporters.

It's already a PR disaster abroad , wgaf about that, here I'm not so sure, so going the whole hog, stay low I say.

• Like 1

3-7 days. Wow. First sides are told to negotiate in less than six hours over two days. Now the vile Shins puppet government shopping teary eyed Dubai clan is going to NOT be uprooted, nor their limitless suitcases confiscated, nor their facebook pages removed, nor their orangutans tickled, nor their poodles pooled, nor their skins inflicted with rashes.

Wah. I can hear it now.

"But Prayuth could have saved the whole country....now...now...all my predictions came untrue."

Wah!

• Like 1