Former PM Yingluck May Be Detained For '3-7 Days'

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

a disgrace...

A disgrace and a very poor reflection on Thailand..

A disgrace -maybe, but I really consider it much more of a disgrace that these people that were elected chose not to work for the people and country they swore an oath to but chose instead to rob this country to such an extent it now sits on the edge of bankruptcy (the effect of their daylight robbery will not come into being for a short while yet - but it will). The poor in the North who were promised they would be 'rich' in 6 months before the election are now poorer than ever and the man fitting of a role as a 1960's Bond bad guy is sat in Dubai going Mbahahahaha.

Disgrace - on reflection no, a good move to prevent civil disturbance and commence justice proceedings - yes i think so.

Edge of bankruptcy? Even after all the political unrest and damage to tourism in the last year, all ratings agencies say there is no sign of a downgrade to what they see as an overall very stable economy. Don't forget Thailand has 150 Billion dollars or more in reserves.

Thailand has plenty of money - always has done, it just never gets shared past the top 3 class tiers. Not going to break these down here, as it's not permitted.

Can you name one government in the last 100 years where every MP in the cabinet has worked in the interest of the people?

150billion in reserve but owe the farmers over 100billion doesn't sound to good

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She "Yingluck" IS the Prime Minister of Thailand. Elected by the people of Thailand.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And relieved of duty by the highest court in the land. The first step in the cycle of grieving is 'Acceptance'. Obviously you haven't begun the healing. Please don't let this turn you bitter. Learning 'Acceptance' is a big goal in Buddhism another is accepting that everybody has their own dharma to live. This is Ms Yingluck's dharma or it wouldn't be happening. In case you still don't get what I'm saying, Yingluck is no longer the PM; she was two PMs ago. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_Thailand#List_of_Prime_Ministers

• Like 1

How is it legal, and unbiased, for the Military to keep Yingluck for 2-3 days but let that criminal insurrectionist Suthep go free? Methinks this means that the mil will instill Suthep's thugs as government and ignore the procedures of democracy.

Because the the Red Shirts are scum. What do you think "prai" means? That's what they call themselves - prai (scum). Sooner they are dis-mantled the better. Suthep brought their wrong doings to Public attention.

Very interesting video: Summary of The National Peace and Order Maintaining Council address delivered to the ambassadors, representatives of foreign organizations and military attaches in Thailand, Friday 23rd May 2014, 16:00, The Army Club (Vibhavadi Rangsit Road), Bangkok

Containing all of the a above and a lot more- on the current and future plans of the military junta: http://www.citizen.tv/national-peace-and-order-maintaining-council-address-to-foreign-ambassadors-in-bangkok-thailand-may-2014-YMPNlX8v7P.html

Summary: http://ecd2.ctvcdn.com/summary-of-the-national-peace-and-order-maintaining-council-address-delivered-to-the-ambassadors-representatives-of-foreign-organizations-and-military-attaches-in-thailand-friday-23rd-may-2014-5m5JLTA21L.pdf

- Speaker: General Prayuth Chan-ocha on behalf of The National Peace and Order Maintaining Council
- The Thai army will not hand over power to a civilian, elected government until social, economical and political reform has been achieved.
- The Thai army feels the coup was justified and legitimate considering the political situation in Thailand, and in order to prevent further loss of life and damage to property.
- We have detailed around 100 individuals from both groups and are ensuring their wellbeing.
- National and foreign media, television and Internet services are and will continue to be censored.
- In addition to the Thai people we are also concerned with the safety of foreigners living in Thailand, friends from abroad and trade and investments.
Watch the video or see the summary for more info.

Try truth, justice freedom of speach, good place to start.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Indeed.

PTP - lie and admit to lying.

PTP - tried to intimidate and threaten judges and independent agencies with law suits and violence; simply publicly refusing to accept any legal decisions they didn't like. Undermined the judiciary by trying to sue them, bring charges against them or violent assault.

PTP - tried to stop free speech by suppressing social media via the cyber police, used CAPO to "chat' with editors, and intimidate lawful protesters with threats and violence.

Most sane people would be in favor of Truth, Justice and Freedom of Speech. That's why most sane people wouldn't support a regime like PTP turned out to be. Millions who trusted them and voted for them must be bitterly disappointed.

Edited by Baerboxer

How is it legal, and unbiased, for the Military to keep Yingluck for 2-3 days but let that criminal insurrectionist Suthep go free? Methinks this means that the mil will instill Suthep's thugs as government and ignore the procedures of democracy.

Because the the Red Shirts are scum. What do you think "prai" means? That's what they call themselves - prai (scum). Sooner they are dis-mantled the better. Suthep brought their wrong doings to Public attention.

So you think that most Thais are scum then? Because Suthep and Abhisit didn't have a chance in hell of winning an election, which is why they went the undemocratic route of forcing a coup. How many years has this gone on, and still the reds are the majority. Som nom na! You can't create a huge gulf between rich and poor, and then when the poor is the overwhelming majority start moaning when your elites can no longer get voted into parliament.

I cannot understand why so many foreigners think Suthep is a good man. He is an absolute villain, He has been caught stealing millions of dollars of donation money and buying land for his family, and still you think he is legit?

He has made racist remarks against foreigners, and is in favour of censoring foreign media.

Okay, hate the Shinawatra's, but get a grip on this whole Suthep love affair, please!

• Like 2

What a bunch of misogynist losers here on Tv, with IQ's at room temperature most of you and you can't see what is really going on here. Perhaps you should check out this link.

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2014/05/17/thailands-juristocracy/

Well bugger off and go somewhere else. We are reveling in the Thai Military's superb handling of corrupt scum male and female. Nothing sexist here except you!

• Like 2

what a travesty of justice and democracy to let Suthep who brought this country to it's knees go free and detain Thailand's first female PM

First female PM. First female DM. First female PM/DM.

First PM anywhere in the world controlled by a fugitive criminal via Skype and mobile phones.

Shame she broke the law and was removed from office in disgrace.

• Like 2

There is a lot of anti govt support here, but remember the pro govt is more than anti govt, who should leave? Is suthep name out in the list? I don't think he's being arrested or detailed?

• Like 1

So you think that most Thais are scum then? Because Suthep and Abhisit didn't have a chance in hell of winning an election, which is why they went the undemocratic route of forcing a coup. How many years has this gone on, and still the reds are the majority. Som nom na! You can't create a huge gulf between rich and poor, and then when the poor is the overwhelming majority start moaning when your elites can no longer get voted into parliament.

I cannot understand why so many foreigners think Suthep is a good man. He is an absolute villain, He has been caught stealing millions of dollars of donation money and buying land for his family, and still you think he is legit?

He has made racist remarks against foreigners, and is in favour of censoring foreign media.

Okay, hate the Shinawatra's, but get a grip on this whole Suthep love affair, please!

You are always spouting your proficiency of Thai. Red Shirts love calling themselves "Kon Prai". Where did I say most Thia's are scum? I said the Red Shirts call themselves scum but it is an accurate description. I do not support Suthep but I appreciate his endeavors and where do you get your facts about him censoring foreign media? I support the Monarchy and the Military. So you get a a grip buddy.

There is a lot of anti govt support here, but remember the pro govt is more than anti govt, who should leave? Is suthep name out in the list? I don't think he's being arrested or detailed?

Why don't you take time to read reports before you post rubbish. Suthep is among those who were held by the army after Thursday's abortive meeting.

If this was Facebook, i would press like for this.

I feel sort of sad for her in a way. Thaksin in essence forced her into this position, and

then gave her skype instructions on how to loot the country. What at first seemed

like power and free shopping trips abroad has now turned horribly wrong for her..

Sorry for her ,just shows you no brain at all ,she had chance to do a runner like her brother ,

Internationally, the detention of Yingluck will be a Public Relations disaster for the Generals.

Domestically, she is still popular in the provinces, and this will only lead to inflame her supporters.

It's already a PR disaster abroad , wgaf about that, here I'm not so sure, so going the whole hog, stay low I say.

I can't believe you don't realise how much the Western leaders know about YS, Thaksin & the PTP criminals and that they are all privately cheering the Thai Army like most of the Thai people I have spoken to are

The very public statements being made by these western leaders would contradict your view point

If this was Facebook, i would press like for this.

Me too

post-170572-0-35240500-1400911229.jpg

• Like 1

Has anyone here heard from "Moonao" recently? Seems he/she has disappeared from trolling.

I notice he went missing at the same time the Red Sunday Group leader, Sombat Boongamanong famously said "Catch me if you can" Not suggesting they are one and the same because Sombat attacks the post, not the author!!! w00t.gif

It would be nmice to find a listing of who is in, who is out of "military care" and who madfe it in time to leave the country.

Quite frankly I wonder where is Nuttawut, but I'm glad Chalerm didn't make it across the border this time as he did in 1991.

So Yingluck is in 3 to 7 days daycare.

Where is Suthep, in or out?

I read two PTP big shots were kept in daycare, while the rest were released but have to stay in reach. What about the Democrat delegation to the talks on Thurday?

Questions and even more questions, but one answer for sure:

It is easier to ride the tiger than to get off without being eaten...

Google Evening Standard, Hampshire, Thailand and you'll see a prominent Thai person with a 30 person entourage who left some 10 days ago. I think it's also on Richard Barrow's Twitter.

This prominent person is also, allegedly, a business associate of TS. Would explain a lot.

YL being sister to TS keeps this post on thread.

At least they all showed up, respecting the summoned from military which the opponent Suthep, Abisit( yellow shirt) didn't comply in past. Well they never comply only if army back them up, strange isn't it?

what a travesty of justice and democracy to let Suthep who brought this country to it's knees go free and detain Thailand's first female PM

First female PM. First female DM. First female PM/DM.

First PM anywhere in the world controlled by a fugitive criminal via Skype and mobile phones.

Shame she broke the law and was removed from office in disgrace.

Almost qualifies as a drone.

Why don't you take time to read reports before you post rubbish. Suthep is among those who were held by the army after Thursday's abortive meeting.

I am yet to see where he has been actually named as being held in detention, maybe you can post a link.

• Like 1

Some really important details missing here:

1. Will she be able to use her Skype account?

2. Will they organize daily shopping excursions?

Your posts are juvenile, sophomoric, and inappropriate given the gravity and seriousness of this situation whatever side you happen to be on, as are all the other similar posts on PM Ying Luck's persona, in fact they are pretty blatantly sexist and thoughtless. You might do well to think a little bit before you post.

Well said. Exactly my thoughts.