Irish teacher dies after motorbike crash in Phuket

Lite Beer

Call me cynical and callous, but I have little sympathy for idiots who SHOULD know better, who are dumb enough to get on a motorbike without a helmet.

If a bus runs over you a helmet would help?

How about finding the cause of the accident before posting stupid dumb remarks such as yours!

And yours about the bus, is not stupid and dumb ??? w00t.gif

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In July 204 I had a motorbike accident on Koh Samui. I was unconscious for 24 hours after the accident. A hole was drilled in my skull to relieve the pressure on my brain.

I WAS WEARING A HELMET. Luckily, apart from a metal plate and 4 screws in my wrist thee was no lasting damage.

RIP Denis. Condolences to family and friends.

Just imagine the mess your head would have been in without a helmet.whistling.gif

• Like 1

Call me cynical and callous, but I have little sympathy for idiots who SHOULD know better, who are dumb enough to get on a motorbike without a helmet.

How about finding the cause of the accident before posting stupid dumb remarks such as yours!

Helmet use has never been proven to work. The USA has many states that can't / won't enforce the wear due to the fact it is unproven.

And if a bus, truck or a car runs over you when on a motorbike, i hope you survive to question my points.

I stand by my thoughts of stopping the CAUSE of accidents.

• Like 1

Helmet use has never been proven to work. The USA has many states that can't / won't enforce the wear due to the fact it is unproven.

And if a bus, truck or a car runs over you when on a motorbike, i hope you survive to question my points.

If he had not gotten onto the bike he would also have survived. You can call that the cause too.

I ride a bike and everyone not wearing a helmet I classify as an idiot. Then you got some anti helmet guy thinking he is right while logic shows helmets save lives. I know it has saved mine when I was young and had an accident.

But in this case he was wearing a helmet.. but it came off.. maybe not fastened good or bad quality.

Anyway RIP for the guy.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

RIP and People unless your Portugese wear a DAMN helmet

Show me the evidence that he was not wearing a helmet. No news report claims he was not wearing a helmet.

going from Old Croc's post he was wearing a " helmet " .

I know those " things" they sell at 150 Baht everywhere and which are used by 99% of bike riders foreign and Thai are called helmets, and are accepted by Thai law, and are as effective as a colander with a string.

I beg to differ! I never go on my scooter with out first putting my helmet on. This friday, my common sense paid off. I was knocked off my scooter by a Thai doing a 'U' turn , no broken bones, but my head hit the road with a resounding 'bang' no head injury, but i am positive that had i no helmet on,i would be in a very bad way right now if still alive. In my opinion, anyone not wearing a helmet or saying that it is a waste of time, are Idiots.

I hope that later on Friday or early Saturday you went and purchased a brand new helmet. Any helmet that has 'survived' a collision is in essence weakened by the impact... New helmet time.

I agree about stopping the cause .. but to say that helmets don't save lives in accidents is just bull.

Read more about US and helmets re: survival and hospital costs (insurance)

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this. Didn't know there was a school in Phuket that teaches Irish.

It didn't say he taught Irish, it said he was an irish teacher, are you really that dumb? or you just want something to say like mostv of the other no-lifes on here?

Edited by akc1956

A whole class of young Thais sadly deprived of the joys of learning Irish.

Common sense would suggest that 'Irish' was his nationality, not the language that he was teaching.

Common sense would also suggest that he was in fact, teaching English. I doubt that there was any demand at his school for learning Irish language.

RIP

Simon

Sorry to hear this. Didn't know there was a school in Phuket that teaches Irish.

Sorry, I misunderstood the original comment so I deleted my post.

Condolences to the family

For all of you lot banging on about not wearing a helmet, put a sock in it. He was wearing a full-faced helmet that dislodged upon impacting with a tree. For the full story, read the article on www.phuketwan.com

I worked with this poor chap two years ago and my heartfelt condolences go out to his family.

RIP mate.

• Like 1

Insulting posts removed. Let's have some respect for the deceased man, thank you.

LivingKata " Lets have some respect for the deceased ". I have stated I am reading this drivel from Ireland as I am sure his family friends are. This guy

jordanian who is being insulting to the deceased and his family by speculating that he was drunk not wearing a helmet etc. But as they say you can't

slander the dead as they can't defend themselves. But as a moderator you should be stopping this sort of talk?

• Like 1

Insulting posts removed. Let's have some respect for the deceased man, thank you.

LivingKata " Lets have some respect for the deceased ". I have stated I am reading this drivel from Ireland as I am sure his family friends are. This guy

jordanian who is being insulting to the deceased and his family by speculating that he was drunk not wearing a helmet etc. But as they say you can't

slander the dead as they can't defend themselves. But as a moderator you should be stopping this sort of talk?

I completely agree. Many speculative posts being removed, along with any new speculative or troll posts.

I completely agree. Many speculative posts being removed, along with any new posts.

Thank you LivinginKata . I enjoy trolls posts some times but when it concerns some ones sad demise trolls should be put to the sword.

If again any his family are reading this RIP Denis and I am sorry for your sad loss.