Bangkok: Wellknown ex-model Yooyee jailed 15 years for cocaine possession

webfact

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculous you don’t even get that for murdering 10 people on an expressway with no licence or insurance….or murdering hundreds in an unlicensed noodle soup shop called Santika

Idiotic Thailand as per usualsick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vr.png

"Ridiculous you don’t even get that for murdering 10 people on an expressway..."

Could you remind us which incident you're referring to, 10 people murdered? There was a traffic accident that had a similar outcome, but I'm pretty sure there was no murder.

This couldn't be an idiotic post, as per usual?

I suppose terryp is referring to the current trend to charge people with murder even if they were miles away from the scene of crime. Abhisit and Suthep were charged for the 2010 Red Shirt situation involving many deaths. They were in charge of the operations CRES, not out on the street with M16s. The RTA soldiers were on the streets under the direction of the army under politicians.

The Na Ayuttaya girl in the Honda that crashed into a passenger van and caused it to go over the barrier was actually directly responsible for the deaths because she was driving the car.

Her sentence in comparison to what Yu-yee has received is totally out of proportion.

I feel some sympathy for this mother of small children and really don't know the complete story.

As Mr Bumble supposedly said, "The law sir,really is a ass. "

They must have the figures wrong? 0.251 grams and she gets 15 years jail and 1.5 million baht fine….Maybe 251 grams is more accurate. That would be a sellable quantity and more inline with the punishment given.

Edited by djjamie

15 yrs for 250 milligrams of personal devils dandruff??? What the heck do they do to those caught trafficking millions of yabaa pills?

Totally crazy.. is this not a mistake where they mean 250 grams ?

maybe the authorities hoped that 250mg sounded much worse than a quarter of a gram. whistling.gif

Trading in endangered species? that is also not nice.

Wellknown ex-model Yooyee jailed 15 years for cocaine possession

6-12-2014-12-11-36-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former model Yooyee was today (Thursday) sentenced to 15 years imprisonment and fined 1.5 million baht by the Criminal Court after she was fund guilty of illegal possession of illicit drugs for attempting to smuggle a small amount of cocaine into the country.

The ex-model, 40-year old Mrs Chatchaya Questa Ramos or Yooyee as she was wellknown in modeling circle, was arrested at Don Meuang airport’s arrival lounge as she checked in to enter the country. A search of her baggage unveiled 251 milligrammes of cocaine which was listed as Category 2 narcotic drug.

During the trial, Yooyee defended that the drug was meant for self consumption and not for sale. However, the court rejected her defence but still found her testimony beneficial.

The court first handed down a 20-year jailterm and a two-million baht fine on her but commuted the sentence to 15 years and 1.5 million baht fine due to her useful testimony.

Since Yooyee was given a three-month suspended jailterm for illegal possessing endangered species, the court added another three months on her 15 years imprisonment.

(photo : file photo from YouTube)

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/wellknown-ex-model-yooyee-jailed-15-years-cocaine-possession/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-06-12

Seems a bit over the top but a silly risk. What was the endangered species?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What was the endangered species?

A red shirt?

Not strictly endangered, but definitely on the "threatened" list.

15 yrs for 250 milligrams of personal devils dandruff??? What the heck do they do to those caught trafficking millions of yabaa pills?

1 quarter of 1 gram and 15 yrs prison ?

No dealer , only for herself !

That is not fair !

In need of a reform here , too .

Bangkok Post says 251 grammes of cocaine.

I had not read the article on the bangkok post but i suspected as much. I mean a quarter of a gram is totally different then 250 grams. It still is not much but its a lot more. That was why i asked in my previous post if it was not 250 grams.

I could not imagine them being this crazy hare even here and has een bad reporting here before.

Eh? 1/4 of a kilo not much? you must have some great nights out brother...thumbsup.gif

Typical, if it had been a Nigerian man, I wonder what the reaction would have been on TV.

Well, I think there would have been a lot less TV members wanting to shag him than her.

Someone I once knew got caught in Singpapore for about the same and got 1 year in the clink. I am not sure the penalty is reasonable, but in the end it is not a custodial sentance handed down.

I am really curious under what grounds would so little give reason to dismiss a personal usage claim. Certainly has set the bar now very low in by this precedence for imposing harsher penalties for just about any level of cocaine possession.

Anyways, the writing is on the wall peeps, behave or suffer.

250mg of cocaine results in a sentence of 15 years in prison + 1.5M baht fine. What next? 1 microgram of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) found in urine after coming back from Colorado (where recreational consumption of cannabis is now legal) results in death sentence?

250mg of cocaine results in a sentence of 15 years in prison + 1.5M baht fine. What next? 1 microgram of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) found in urine after coming back from Colorado (where recreational consumption of cannabis is now legal) results in death sentence?

I think you will find the media have their units wrong its not 250mg its 250 grams

I don't know much about drugs never done any. but 251 milligram = 0.251 gram is enough coke for one person to get high 1 time right? Talk about overkill punishment 15 years and 1.5million baht in fines for that small amount.

I don't like drugs but this is rediculous

Totally crazy.. is this not a mistake where they mean 250 grams ?

Thats what I thought, but then her defence was that it was for personal use. So yeah it must have been only 250 milligrams OR A QUARTER OF A GRAM! IE. ONE LINE!!!

Pedophiles who destroy the lives of many children get much leaner sentences.

I guess she isn't rich enough to get out of this particular pickle.

There must have been other options, surely she could have used her imagination. I would give my eye teeth to have been the prosecutor, we could have come to a very quick little deal.

we could have come to a very quick little deal.

yes but does it measure up to the size of the amount of powder found? giggle.gif

I think you will find the media have their units wrong its not 250mg its 250 grams

Thats possible but then she would not have used her defence argument that it was for personal use. 250 grams would be a commercial quantity and a long sentence might be appropriate,

millions of yabaa pills = Life sentence or Death penalty...although the death penalty hasn't been carried out in a few years i think, i'm not 100% sure though.

Bangkok Post says 251 grammes of cocaine.

I had not read the article on the bangkok post but i suspected as much. I mean a quarter of a gram is totally different then 250 grams. It still is not much but its a lot more. That was why i asked in my previous post if it was not 250 grams.

I could not imagine them being this crazy hare even here and has een bad reporting here before.

I know of someone who served 5 years some years back for having 2 joints here.

When it comes to drugs there has been an extreme sentence handed down in most cases.

what bugs me is the lack of equal sentencing for murder, fraud, theft, child abuse etc and all manner of other crimes we see being let off virtually unpunished.

Former top Thai model sentenced to 20 years jail

By Digital Content

14025608016478.jpg

BANGKOK, June 12 - The Thai Criminal Court on Thursday sentenced former popular Thai model, Yu-Yee, to 20 years prison on drug possession charges.

Chatchaya Cuesta Ramos, also known as "Yu-Yee," arrived at the Ratchadapisek Road court early today, to hear the verdict for her cocaine possession charges.

The former model was arrested on November 10, 2012, when immigration police reported that they had been tipped off that Ms Yu-Yee was carrying drugs into Thailand through Don Mueang International Airport.

The authorities intercepted her and inspected her belongings and found 251 milligrammes of cocaine in her luggage.

The suspect claimed the was given the tube of chocolate by a passenger on the plane during her flight back from Vietnam, adding that she had no idea that the tube was filled with cocaine.

The court analysed the incident and ruled it impossible for a person to receive a gift from someone they did not know.

Informing the defendant that her evidence was insufficient, the court found the suspect guilty as charged.

The former model has been sentenced to 20 years prison and a fine of Bt2 million. However, since the defendant has given full testimony about the occurrence, she is entitled to a one-quarter punishment reduction.

The former top model was sentenced to 15 years jail with a fine of Bt1.5 million.

The court added another three months prison as handed down by the Min Buri Court, to Ms Yu-Yee trafficking endangered animals into the kingdom.

Meanwhile, Ms Yu-Yee's attorney, Prasert Boonkaew said he is preparing Bt2 million in cash for temporary bail for the former catwalker.

Ms Yu-Yee, on the other hand, said she would continue to fight the case. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2014-06-12

She's half Spanish right?

Well, bail for you and of to the Costa del Sol asap.

Bakseeda, on 12 Jun 2014 - 14:28, said:
rwdrwdrwd, on 12 Jun 2014 - 13:05, said:

Astoundingly harsh. Unless that's a misprint it is 2 lines of coke.

One line at my parties...tongue.png

Some people can still use both of their nostrils.

Bakseeda, on 12 Jun 2014 - 14:28, said:
rwdrwdrwd, on 12 Jun 2014 - 13:05, said:

Astoundingly harsh. Unless that's a misprint it is 2 lines of coke.

One line at my parties...tongue.png

Some people can still use both of their nostrils.

Hence your name, right? whistling.gif

Which is it? 251 grammes or 251 microgrammes.

I would suggest the punishment fits the former rather than the latter.

Dunno why she had to go all the way to Vietnam when you can get the stuff on Suk any night of the week.