Transfer of Pattaya Car to BKK purchaser - How do I do it?

rmicheald

Is there somewhere in Pattaya that can take care of the car ownership transfer papers OTHER than the DLT out by Regents?

I have someone in BKK wanting to buy my car but they don't want to have to come back to Pattaya to do the paperwork. DLT is only open Mon - Fri 8:30 to 15:30. They work so getting here before DLT closes might be a problem.

Thanks in Advance....

I'm not sure about transferring a car from one province to another.........but I've heard, that you have to de-register the car in Chonburi first and then register in Bangkok where you will receive 2 red plates first.
The de-registration is your thing and the registration is the buyers matter.

Without any doubt there will be places/car dealers who can take care of this all at a certain price.

there is an agent that will do the transfer for you next to Stipholek gym on Sukhumvit road very near to Pattaya Orphanage

They are open Saturdays also

Call this number for more info 0846513626

It would be very easy if the buyers could have a day off and go to DLT near Regents school.

Is the car Pattaya registered?

Remember the seller needs to provide residence certificate if farang owned or copy of work permit plus passport copies

Edited by PoolHustler

If you give the buyer all the needed documents they can do everything themselfs in Bangkok

it would be easier ( 1 day ) to do the transfer at the regents if your car has Chonburi plates ( new buyer will keep the Chonburi plates )

If they get it done in Bangkok it will be more complicated because they have to first "move" the car to Bangkok change owner then get new Bangkok plates can take a while and need patience of a saint if you do it yourself.

There are agents near the DLT's that will do it all for you but they can be slow.

needed documents

Foreigner seller needs

• certificate of residence from immigration ( should be free at immigration but varies from place to place )

For foreign seller, in stead of certificate of residence also workpermit or yellow housebook is accepted.
sometimes the police station will give you this document too.

• copy passport photo page
  • copy of visa page and or extension ( not expired )
  • signed " nungsue moub umnart " หนังสือมอบอำนาจ ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
  • signed "beb kum kor own le rup own " แบบคำขอโอนและรับโอน ขส.บ. ท. - 11
  • green/blue book signed by current owner
Edited by johng

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Thanks for the info

Though I need some more detialed advice on this case. The owner is a Thai natiional and the car is registered in BKK - the buyer is a farang and want to use the car in pattaya . The buyer is working near pattaya - and have aworking visa and live in a rented house near pattaya proper.

Please provide the proper steps on how to transfer ownership of this car - Nissan Sunny Manual Model 2004. Also, if there's an agent who can do the processing for a normal fee - since both the seller and buyer is working and hard for the mto take the time off.

But will do the time off if need be. (The seller is also working near pattays - they are workmates).

Thanks Guys

Joel

Ok so the seller is Thai

so he should provide these documents to the buyer

Signed copy of ID card front and back ( not expired )
Signed copy of house registration ( not allways required )
signed " nungsue moub umnart " หนังสือมอบอำนาจ ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
signed "beb kum kor own le rup own " แบบคำขอโอนและรับโอน ขส.บ. ท. - 11
green/ blue book signed by current owner

The buyer is foriegn

So they will need either a "certificate of residence" ,workpermit or yellow housebook.

think they also require copy of passport photo page and visa page.. take them anyway.

As the car is registered in Bangkok they will not do the transfer at the office next to the Regents school

they will tell you to either go to Bangkok or go to the main DLT for Chonburi province which is 60KMs from Pattaya.

Depending on your view it may be easier to go to Bangkok and if your lucky get it all done in one day.

If you go to Chonburi DLT it will take at least 2 visits because you have to first "move" the vehicle to Chonburi province

then go back to get new number plates !!! yes it could hardly be a more crazy system.

The easy way is to give all the documentaion to an "agent" and let them do it although sometimes they take a long time.

It doesn't matter where the car is registered at any other time other than changing stuff in the blue book

so you can drive anywhere in Thailand on any provinces number plate renew the tax and insurance etc

anywhere with any plate.

post-2109-0-46074900-1410859215_thumb.pn
post-2109-0-80474100-1410859204_thumb.pn
post-2109-0-53891600-1408537664_thumb.jp

Thanks johng,

For the detailed info on the requirements.

and for the attachment also.

If perhaps anybody in here knows an agent or the contact number, I will appreciate.

How much is the estimate to process this issue to an agent? Ball Park Figure?Please anyone can provide a rough estimate.

Why the buyer need to tranfer the place of ownership (from BKK to Pattaya)? Is it in line with the buyer's address? Why not just make a deed of sale and all are the same in the car, except for, of course the document of change of ownership. The plate number, address of the registration not change. Because anyway - the buyer can renew the registration in any part of Thailand, Am I right or.....is it possible?

Is there a one stop shop farang friendly LAnd Transportation Office in Pattaya and ornearby that will specially cater to this issue?

Reason is - hard to go here and there - the subject are both working. So since there is no hurry also for the documents - I presume it will not take " that long " - the best course is using an agent , so it seems.

Please advise on where to contact such agent. By the way , I saw an agent number while browsing the forum - will try to contact - 0846513626.

Joel

please let me now how you get on with an agent - I have a Ford Ranger I bought new last year in Chiang Mai and when I sold up there they transfered the "blue book" to my address on my work permit (Bangkok head office) I am in Pattaya now - so my truck has Chiang Mai plates and the blue book address is Bangkok - lol what a carry on - any one want a White Ranger Wildtrak with under 10K on it?

cheers

Hi Tham1,

Actually one of my wish list is to get hold of a pickup:) - for general use. I have a budget but I think cant afford that ranger level:). Anyway - text me if u like to give an offer - at 0843871726

My level is to get only a 2nd hand vigo - the CNG fuel user:) if possible - but diesel fuel engine is also ok - well - depends really. My main problem is the parking on my rented house in the village.

There is no place to park but in the road - in front of the gate - since inside of the parking there are already 2 cars smile.png - and if its in the neigbhor's place - sure it is not polite also.

Thanks johng,

For the detailed info on the requirements.

Why the buyer need to tranfer the place of ownership (from BKK to Pattaya)? Is it in line with the buyer's address? Why not just make a deed of sale and all are the same in the car, except for, of course the document of change of ownership. The plate number, address of the registration not change. Because anyway - the buyer can renew the registration in any part of Thailand, Am I right or.....is it possible?

Is there a one stop shop farang friendly LAnd Transportation Office in Pattaya and ornearby that will specially cater to this issue?

Joel[/quote

The buyer is not required or forced to transfer the vehicles province

If they want to keep Bangkok (or whatever) registration plates they can. But then change of ownership must be done in Bangkok.(or the province the vehicle currently registered)

I think you're confusing registration with renewing tax and insurance.

Registration as in anything that needs to be changed in the vehicles blue book needs to be done in the province that is shown on the number plates.

If its not convenient to travel to that province you can "move" the registration to a new province

(More convenient) but then the number plates must be changed.

Hope that's clearer.

Sent from my V370 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app