Scottish independence: Yes camp hails 'momentum'

Lite Beer

Scotsurvey.England can t be that bad when half the world seems to want to live here.England is rich and powerful with London being the financial centre of the world. Better than a group of old fashioned hotheads in Glasgow.Scotland always turns on its own when things don t work out.You ll see ,if things go badly they will turn on Alex Salmon.All of them.Viciously.

By the way ,did you see the football last night? Germany 2 Scotland 1. Scotland were outplayed and toyed with by a German reserve team. Lionhearts? They were more like kittenhearts.

Germany are the world champions, did you really expect Scotland to win?

Isn't England a trillion pounds in debt? Rich and powerful, my arse.

And a share of that debt is Scotland's, The UK debt problem started with having to finance two world wars and pay back very large loans and very very large amounts of money to the Americans.

A Scot, a certain financial genius named Mr Brown, screwed the UK economy and really f%4ked it up recently. Now we have Cameron, proud of his Scottish heritage, and Salmond trying hard to make an even bigger f%4k up. I bet Putin is laughing is hat off when Cameron threatens him.

So no England doesn't have a trillion pound debt, the UK does. Pissing off doesn't mean you can simply forget your debts.

So given Scotland will have 1/10 the debt of England and all of the oil revenue things look a whole lot rosier north of the border.

Perhaps the IMF will bail you out?

Yip! That's the Pound gone.

How will the bond market work? At the moment it's UK bonds. Will they be rendered void?

So many issues and so little detail in all of this.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scotsurvey.England can t be that bad when half the world seems to want to live here.England is rich and powerful with London being the financial centre of the world. Better than a group of old fashioned hotheads in Glasgow.Scotland always turns on its own when things don t work out.You ll see ,if things go badly they will turn on Alex Salmon.All of them.Viciously.

By the way ,did you see the football last night? Germany 2 Scotland 1. Scotland were outplayed and toyed with by a German reserve team. Lionhearts? They were more like kittenhearts.

Germany are the world champions, did you really expect Scotland to win?

Isn't England a trillion pounds in debt? Rich and powerful, my arse.

And a share of that debt is Scotland's, The UK debt problem started with having to finance two world wars and pay back very large loans and very very large amounts of money to the Americans.

A Scot, a certain financial genius named Mr Brown, screwed the UK economy and really f%4ked it up recently. Now we have Cameron, proud of his Scottish heritage, and Salmond trying hard to make an even bigger f%4k up. I bet Putin is laughing is hat off when Cameron threatens him.

So no England doesn't have a trillion pound debt, the UK does. Pissing off doesn't mean you can simply forget your debts.

So given Scotland will have 1/10 the debt of England and all of the oil revenue things look a whole lot rosier north of the border.

Perhaps the IMF will bail you out?

Who says the oil is yours? Interesting when the Shetlands vote for independent or even maybe to stay in the UK tongue.png

Maybe the IMF will look kindly on Scotland's loan default and non guaranteed currency, whatever it gets called. Maybe the Euro? Oh no, got to join the Union first.

Where are the English planning to park their nuclear weapons when we kick them out by the way?....the Thames estuary?

Liverpool docks.

I think they should send them to Northern Ireland.

After all the Ulster Unionists would never complain now would they?

Has there been a general re-immigration into Scotland from those Scottish Nationals who were unable to vote because, even though they were born there, because they weren't living there, were unable to Vote?

Has the population swelled by any perceivable amount?

Has there been a general re-immigration into Scotland from those Scottish Nationals who were unable to vote because, even though they were born there, because they weren't living there, were unable to Vote?

Has the population swelled by any perceivable amount?

Doubt it.....Why bother, when some Scots are reeling in immigrants with promises they can't keep.....sad.png

Sooooooooooooooo, you YES guys here tell me why half the Scot voting populous want to remain in the Union..?

What do you think..?

Its less than half now. Do keep up!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeer, do you have the final voting figures at hand chum.....?..........whistling.gif

Now don't be blinkered by news paper etc stuff eh......smile.png

Sterling plunges nearly 1% on currency markets overnight I do hope those pushing for a YES vote will not complain when we get a lot less than before.

The markets don't like uncertainty, the pound was riding high against the USD earlier so due for a correction. If there is a yes vote the uncertainty will continue while all the details are screwed around with, and there could well be a change in government in the UK, with or without Scotland. Lots of uncertainty. A no vote could create uncertainty as many English voters may actually want Scotland out now and therefore change their normal voting pattern. One way or another, lots of uncertainty, to an fro'ing, expense and time consuming discussions.

Really, those receiving pensions or income from out of an independent Scotland - what currency do you think it will be transferred in? Will anybody accept a new currency backed by a bank that the British tax payer had to bail out - and will have to be repaid for their generous loan. Oh yes, Salmond thinks you can keep the pound and still be backed by the BOE. A country without a national bank and its own currency. What a joke.

• Like 1

I don't see how it could be bad for Scotland if they get to take the North Sea oil with them. They could be the next Norway. However, Scottish independence would consign the UK to the clutches of the Tories forever. Hard luck for the Brits in that case.

" They could be the next Norway."

Until the Shetland Isles declare independence from Scotland, that is ...

Sooooooooooooooo, you YES guys here tell me why half the Scot voting populous want to remain in the Union..?

What do you think..?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeer, do you have the final voting figures at hand chum.....?..........whistling.gif

Notice he can't answer, or even attempt to answer your actual question? Why do approximately half those entitled to vote want to stay in the UK?

• Like 1

I don't see how it could be bad for Scotland if they get to take the North Sea oil with them. They could be the next Norway. However, Scottish independence would consign the UK to the clutches of the Tories forever. Hard luck for the Brits in that case.

North Sea oil has a limited life and is already passed its peak. What is left after the oil runs out? If the Scots are that short sighted then good luck to them or should I say good riddance.

• Like 1

What do you think..?

Some of the private polls are much scarier....yes let's see what happens!

What do you think..?

Notice he can't answer, or even attempt to answer your actual question? Why do approximately half those entitled to vote want to stay in the UK?

I suggest you direct that at someone who wants to vote no.

In my opinion they are deluding themselves.

I've a much better idea. Let's separate ourselves from London and the South East.

Keep the Welsh and the Celtic English and the Jock brethren together and get rid of the vankars.

Rather insulting to call Scots "Jock", don't you think?

More insulting to call them Scotch like so many Americans do

• Like 1

Perhaps the NO voters know where they are safe and don't want to risk what the Union has achieved against Salmonds 50 years of "possible" oil revenue...............coffee1.gif Noooooooooooooo, they ain't daft........

So you ask me to answer then tell me what a Scottish no voter thinks in the next breath?

You may well be right if that's the kind of bs you lot have been feeding them.

Wither Together....remember that folks.

• Like 1

The problem is that the financial centre of London has overtaken the economy. We used to manufacture - and financial services were a lovely bonus - now the UK is in thrall to the City of London - and all the so-called profits from the tax take over the last 30 years were wiped out and plenty more by having to bail the banks out.

Forget about the independence debate - do any of we Brits actually believe that the government has learnt is lesson?

Of course they haven't - they are still in thrall to the City of London.

• Like 2

^^ Idiotic posts - that's how we Scots know we are dealing with politically illiterate scum, when they reduce the "debate" to that.

I would agree with you about the UK Government being scum, and thieves as well, but I would hope you do not refer to the English people as scum, the vast majority of English people I have found to be very decent.

Perhaps the NO voters know where they are safe and don't want to risk what the Union has achieved against Salmonds 50 years of "possible" oil revenue...............coffee1.gif Noooooooooooooo, they ain't daft........

So you ask me to answer then tell me what a Scottish no voter thinks in the next breath?

You may well be right if that's the kind of bs you lot have been feeding them.

Wither Together....remember that folks.

Are you telling me half of the Scots nation are numnuts and cannot think for themselves after sifting through the information put forward.....?

Salmond has NOT given any answers to anything..........YES or NO..........?

^^ Idiotic posts - that's how we Scots know we are dealing with politically illiterate scum, when they reduce the "debate" to that.

I would agree with you about the UK Government being scum, and thieves as well, but I would hope you do not refer to the English people as scum, the vast majority of English people I have found to be very decent.

I was referring to a guy who posted mock ups of Alex Salmond dressed as Hitler - not to the entire English people.

• Like 1