Samsung phones bought in Thailand

bizzle

Hi guys

My iphone (bought in Australia), has just broken. Obviously I've got to get a new phone.

I know the iphone 6 is on it's way very shortly however after testing out the iPhone 5s and Samsung s4, I'm thinking of switching to android.

I'll be flying out to Phuket next week so I haven't really got time to order online (which is way cheaper are here in oz), so I've been looking at a thai site called 'jaymart' . The s4 on this site seems pretty reasonable.

What I was wondering, if I buy an s4 in Thailand, will it work in Australia ?

Yes, it will work in Aus, mine does.

As long as the carriers involved use the same Frequencies (BAND), or the phone covers the BANDs used, it will work fine.

Usually when people state 'Yes' it's nice when they also provide the Thai and Aussie mobile carriers they use, and the exact model number of their phone

... as not all Galaxy S4 phone models have the same BAND coverage.

GT-I9500 / GT-I9505 / GT-I9506 support

2G: GSM / GPRS / EDGE @ 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz

3G: UMTS / HSPA+ @ 850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz

Only GT-I9505 / I9506

LTE: @ 800, 850, 900, 1800, 2100, 2600 MHz

Be careful of 'grey market' phones whose specs may not exactly match your carriers requirements.

Edited by RichCor

As long as the carriers involved use the same Frequencies (BAND), or the phone covers the BANDs used, it will work fine.

Usually when people state 'Yes' it's nice when they also provide the Thai and Aussie mobile carriers they use, and the exact model number of their phone

Only GT-I9505 / I9506

Be careful of 'grey market' phones whose specs may not exactly match your carriers requirements.

Good for you.

I use both Telstra and Optus sim cards in Oz.... never has a phone I have purchased here not worked in Australia, the flipside of that the many friends and family I have coming to visit every year have never had an issue with just dropping a local sim into their phones (unless of course if they are network locked in Australia, which can be sorted here very quickly).

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 2

Only GT-I9505 / I9506

Blimey

So not all Samsung s4's are the same? I thought they were all 4g, 16mp etc.

Can anyone advise if the models available in Thailand are of the above specs ?