New evidence found in tourists’ murder case

Lite Beer

this may have been mentioned, but from what I recall didn't they find lipstick on the cigarette butt and therefore maybe DNA testing to try to find if a female was part of the possible group and could lead them to the culprits?

Also from reading about an unprovoked attack in Krabi on an english guy who stopped his gf being possible raped, that group of motocycles psychos included 3 girls...so girls could have been around even if they did have significant involvement,,,,,

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this may have been mentioned, but from what I recall didn't they find lipstick on the cigarette butt and therefore maybe DNA testing to try to find if a female was part of the possible group and could lead them to the culprits?

Also from reading about an unprovoked attack in Krabi on an english guy who stopped his gf being possible raped, that group of motocycles psychos included 3 girls...so girls could have been around even if they did have significant involvement,,,,,

Jack Cole and April Clifton from Bath, UK. Nasty attack and lucky the attack was interrupted.

Since the island has not been locked down and the perps have almost certainly long since fled, all this DNA stuff is a waste of time.

- People ON the island said it was NEVER on lock down. Not even for a single day.

- The police have DNA testing local migrant workers, foreigners, and now Thai women. BUT NO THAI MEN.

- The crime scene has been massively contaminated and they are now allowing beach goers to enter the crime scene!!!

- An insulting 50,000b has been offered to find the killer. A person who killed 2 dogs in Pattaya had a 20,000 reward on him.

Considering not a single Thai man has been tested, yet everyone else has been, and the island was never on lock down, one can only suspect the police are buying time to allow a certain someone time to not only get out of the area, but perhaps get a passport and leave the country. How could they possibly test THAI WOMEN and not Thai men unless they are deliberately trying to buy time or cover someone's tracks?!?!!?!?!?

This wreaks of a cover up, protecting someone everyone knows on the island and buying a lot of time so they can get far, far away. Otherwise, they would have locked down the island and every male, no matter where they are from, would be suspect.

• Like 2

In my home country I can get hauled off to jail for driving with an expired license, whereas here we can take care of it for 200b. Do you expect to live in a militant nanny state and still enjoy the freedoms of Thailand?

Hauled off to jail. Where do you live North Korea?.

Also, the 200 baht is tea money, not a fine so you are supporting corruption.

North Korea ?

I was arrested and thrown in jail for driving with a license that had been suspended because of an unpaid parking ticket ,right in North America near Boston the home of the free ,ridiculous police state ..

• Like 1

I think they will already have a good idea who did this - by now! Scotland Yard will have interviewed the UK Friends of the victims that were on Ko Tao with them and I suspect they will have given info to S.Y that The Thai Police already have, but are not releasing at this stage. S.Y will have voiced their opinions one way or another and will be watching how Thailand reacts to the pool of info / intel that they now have.

If it was a migrant Worker then I believe they would have been caught and named by now. It is starting to look like that someone has been allowed to leave the Island whilst the attention was focused on those that were arrested and questioned.

They may well name the people they are looking for once they are sure they have given them a good chance to get out of the Country - particularly if these people are " connected " to influential people !

Watching National Geographic now showing the hunt for the Boston Bomber - as was. Although this is rehearsed TV you can see the professionalism of the FBI. The Ko Tao Killers would have been behind bars a long time already if the same technology and professionalism was available here. Of course, Thailand is a developing Country and, as such, it's quite understandable why the same facilities are not available here - but I would like to see them ask for assistance from Countries that are used to handling such situations - with the priority being on solving the crime rather than being one of " Face " !!

.... Investigation is not an exact science so cut them a little slack. I am sure they want the crime solved as much as anyone.

However, Thai investigations have notoriously been inept. A few examples:

>>> 2 healthy young Canadian gals at PhiPhi. died overnight in hotel room. Conclusion: unknown.

>>> another 2 healthy young farang gals. died overnight near Phi Phi. Conclusion: unknown

>>> a farang guy in green jeans found drowned near Phuket. Conclusion: no foul play

>>> a farang guy found with a plastic bag tied around his neck north of Chiang Rai. Conclusion: no foul play

>>> a farang woman found drowned at 9 pm in 3 inches of water at beach in Krabi town: Conclusion: nothing awry.

The list could go on a lot longer. Even if there is a conviction, if the perpetrator is rich/VIP/Hi-So or a cop, he's let out the back door. You can understand why cynics prevail on such discussions here on T.Visa.

Some people, including myself, are wondering why on a small island that has a small population, with access by ferry or rent a boats that can be controlled the police are still floundering about.

Eliminate those under 10 years of age, eliminate those over 60 years of age, get people 11 to 59 to verify where they were at the time of the murder and whoever is in the remainder DNA test.

The pool of suspects should be in the dozens.

When I stayed at Koh Tao, there were hundreds on the island that met your excluded criteria.

Not once you eliminate the ones that have an incontrovertible alibi.

Yet another TV detective?

It might help if posters realised that Arthur Conan Doyle believed in spirits and actually thought the famous photos of fairies at the bottom of the garden were REAL.............. you are NOT detectives and your powers of deduction are the pits....

Edited by wilcopops

Wouldn't the male victim's shorts have been far too big for an Asian nan?

They make it sound like they had all been skinny dipping together.

Looking at the crime scene photos, it looks to me like David's clothes and shoes are still on the beach, but also black pants and a black belt which neither of them were wearing.

It might help if posters realised that Arthur Conan Doyle believed in spirits and actually thought the famous photos of fairies at the bottom of the garden were REAL.............. you are NOT detectives and your powers of deduction are the pits....

And how many bottles of Chang have moved you to share these profound insights with us, pray tell?

• Like 1

Wouldn't the male victim's shorts have been far too big for an Asian nan?

They make it sound like they had all been skinny dipping together.

Do we reality need this speculation? how does it help? Is EVERYONE a Sherlock Holmes?

Same way in which your constant criticism doesn't help either.. if it bothers you that much, stop reading the threads and stop responding to posters, they might not all be detectives, but you're sure as not "judge Judy" to deliver what can and cannot be said.

It's clear what happened from the police photos that show the position of the bodies and the injuries. They were disturbed while having sex on the beach. He was hit on the back and side of the head with the hoe. She was hit in the face with the hoe. Both were killed. The killers raped her corpse. They dragged his body into the sea. Why didn't they drag her body into the sea? Perhaps they heard someone coming and legged it. The CCTV of the man running from the scene could be one of the killers, or the man who disturbed them and found the bodies. He needs to be identified. Though I doubt he is still on the island. Talk of gangsters, and female suspects, yaba and footprints in the sand is total bs concocted by the incompetent Thai police.

latest

Telegraph.co.uk - ‎21 minutes ago‎
A pair of British women were reportedly mugged by a Thai motorbike gang on the same beach where two backpackers were brutally murdered and just one night before the killings took place, it was claimed on Sunday.

It's clear what happened from the police photos that show the position of the bodies and the injuries. They were disturbed while having sex on the beach. He was hit on the back and side of the head with the hoe. She was hit in the face with the hoe. Both were killed. The killers raped her corpse. They dragged his body into the sea. Why didn't they drag her body into the sea? Perhaps they heard someone coming and legged it. The CCTV of the man running from the scene could be one of the killers, or the man who disturbed them and found the bodies. He needs to be identified. Though I doubt he is still on the island. Talk of gangsters, and female suspects, yaba and footprints in the sand is total bs concocted by the incompetent Thai police.

Its not clear at all, we dont even know if the bodies were found in those position or died in a different position and moved before found, and so far there is no DNA evidence of sexual relations between David and Hannah.

• Like 1

Not conclusive I admit. But the injuries suggest that they were both lying down, him with his back to the attacker and her facing the attacker. She was found in a concealed area of the beach between some rocks with her top pulled down, her skirt pulled up and....well I won't go into more detail. You've seen the photos.

Not conclusive I admit. But the injuries suggest that they were both lying down, him with his back to the attacker and her facing the attacker. She was found in a concealed area of the beach between some rocks with her top pulled down, her skirt pulled up and....well I won't go into more detail. You've seen the photos.

Looks to me like a gang attack on two vulnerable young people who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time and who were doing nothing wrong.

Englishoak there's no DNA because they were disturbed in the act and any on him would have been washed away by the sea

You are just surmising, there would be DNA on the girl she wasnt wet there are reports of David going back to the GH then going out to look for Hannah, during the night they dont seem to have been an item whilst out either. no reports of being wildly drunk etc Both are middle class not wild childs why use a beach when their rooms are 50 yards away. IMO its unlikey David and Hannah were anything than GH friends and David got involved only when he went to look for her and stumbled into it from there.

The 'chatting-up' of a pretty western girl by low-life local, subsequent blowing off by the girl and/or intervention by western male friend (thus loss of face for the Thai) is always going to be a possibility. Been in that position a number of times, can become very tricky. This scenario happened with the murdered Canadian chap in Pai and also the slain Brit couple in Kan -- both murders were perpetrated by cops -- while the Kirsty Jones murder in CM was possibly by an influential Thai. Not saying it's a cop in this case, but if someone who thinks they are someone has lost face and are even off their head on yabaa... well if you've spent time here you know the rest. Sick!

• Like 1

Why would there be DNA on her if the act wasn't finished? Why would he go back to look for her if they were only casual acquaintances? They went to the AC bar together. They couldn't have sex in their rooms because they were sharing with others

A post containing a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

Why would there be DNA on her if the act wasn't finished? Why would he go back to look for her if they were only casual acquaintances? They went to the AC bar together. They couldn't have sex in their rooms because they were sharing with others

DNA comes from more than just sperm. GH travellers often look out for each other, its the norm, ive done the go looking for a fellow GH Brit simply because asked when a roommate was worried. David was a middle class guy and would like most Brit lads with decent upbringing look out for a fellow brit especially a pretty fellow GH stayer. And he may well have had concerns if there had been an altercation in SC bar earlier.

Having a drink in the same bar means nothing re a relationship, they were also filmed out with their own groups during the evening, there is nothing connecting the two as being anything but just acquainted via the GH.

Englishoak you accuse me of surmising......how do you know what state of intoxication they were in? They had been visiting bars all night, consuming enough alcohol no doubt for inhibitions to be relaxed. I don't know what DNA other than sperm could have been transmitted. Why do you suggest that he was worried about her? Why would he be? If he was worried about a supposed altercation why would he leave her in the bar? Reports say that they started out drinking as a group but went on to the AC bar together. And what has class and upbringing got to with anything? Most of these backpackers are educated middle class, but it doesn't stop them getting off their tits every night in Thailand.