PHUKET NEWS TV: Metred taxi or set price?

Lite Beer

Obviously, people change their behaviour when cameras are filming.

I would have liked him to film the speedometer at the start of the journey, and at the end of the journey, so we could work out, roughly, what you pay per kilometer, on a meter, on Phuket, and then compare that to Bangkok, or official pricing structures. Along with this, also, time the journey from start to finish.

At the completion of his journey, I would have liked him to say to the driver, "There is one man in the office who wants to go to the airport - can you take him?" Or, "He wants to go to Bangla Road" etc etc. His reply may have been interesting.

With the cameras rolling, his journey appeared quite normal, but, I have my doubts that his taxi journey is what hundreds of thousands of tourists experience when they arrive to the Phuket Airport.

Whats the point in this video? Taxi meters almost never stop and try and sell you accommodation, the meter was running and the fare was 600 bahts to tesco, doesn't matter how polite the driver is, It's still highway robbery compared with the rest of Thailand. Just a legalised rip off!

• Like 1

Whats the point in this video? Taxi meters almost never stop and try and sell you accommodation, the meter was running and the fare was 600 bahts to tesco, doesn't matter how polite the driver is, It's still highway robbery compared with the rest of Thailand. Just a legalised rip off!

The illegal rip off would have been a lot more, had he not be filming the legal rip off. biggrin.png

• Like 1

The illegal rip off would have been a lot more, had he not be filming the legal rip off. biggrin.png

I paid the usual 800 to Rawai a couple of weeks back, so I agree 600 to Tesco was a tad steep. And what's with the bloody 50 baht tip? That would've been around the price of the same trip in Bangkok huh.png

Anyhow. Kwaikrap. Again, unless it's affordable for the indigenous population, the local Thais, it's just a show for the tourists, it's target customer, as no local would/could pay those rates. Any news on the call centre BTW? coffee1.gif

I would have liked him to film the speedometer at the start of the journey, and at the end of the journey, so we could work out, roughly, what you pay per kilometer, on a meter, on Phuket, and then compare that to Bangkok, or official pricing structures. Along with this, also, time the journey from start to finish.

At the completion of his journey, I would have liked him to say to the driver, "There is one man in the office who wants to go to the airport - can you take him?" Or, "He wants to go to Bangla Road" etc etc. His reply may have been interesting.

With the cameras rolling, his journey appeared quite normal, but, I have my doubts that his taxi journey is what hundreds of thousands of tourists experience when they arrive to the Phuket Airport.

Yes - complete waste of time and insults the viewers' intelligence.

I love this pathetic bit: "So far we haven't been taken to any jewellery stores..." Jesus Wept! Is he that stupid?

Yes - complete waste of time and insults the viewers' intelligence.

I love this pathetic bit: "So far we haven't been taken to any jewellery stores..." Jesus Wept! Is he that stupid?

It looks like a advertisement.

I wonder if money changed hands to have this video made.

They've lost a lot of credability with me.