Manchester City

mrbojangles

3points is what matters yes...but i still look forward to seeing a great game of footie! whoever is playing,i think United playing first does give us a slight advantage today whatever our result win,lose or draw the pressure really is on City and with Arsenal going for it too it should be a great game of football with a guaranteed penalty and sending off or two!

Watch this space

3points is what matters yes...but i still look forward to seeing a great game of footie! whoever is playing,i think United playing first does give us a slight advantage today whatever our result win,lose or draw the pressure really is on City and with Arsenal going for it too it should be a great game of football with a guaranteed penalty and sending off or two!

Watch this space

Agreed.

And actually i think there is more chance of City slipping up if we lose today, as then they will really feel they have a momentous opportunity, and then comes the pressure. If on the other hand we win, with an eight point difference they might feel it is more of a nothing to lose situation and just play like we know they can.

looking forward to a great game today jangles?

I'll admit to being a tad nervous, if I'm honest MrRed. In 5 and a bit hours, there will either still be a glimmer of hope left, or it will be all over.

So...who is gonna be the next manager?

Ballotelli is an imbecile. His talent does not warrent his place in the squad. Your next manager, Jose says he's unmanageable so he'll be off in the summer then but at what price? Does anyone care? i doubt it. fact is, he should have gone early in the first half and thats what he should be judged on.

Ballotelli is an imbecile. His talent does not warrent his place in the squad. Your next manager, Jose says he's unmanageable so he'll be off in the summer then but at what price? Does anyone care? i doubt it. fact is, he should have gone early in the first half and thats what he should be judged on.

Well, I guess thats it for another year!!

I think mistakes were made over the season, by Mancini, though I feel he is the right manager. Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes.

You dont win Serie A titles by being tactically naive... that was not the problem... I just feel there were personelle problems along the way.

1) Balotelli... this is the obvious one that was a big mistake. Talented and gifted though the lad is, he is just not mature enough or smart enough for the Premiership. Shame.

2) Stefan Savic.. To this day, I do not know what Mancini sees in this kid. Cost us a goal every time he played. Not a Premiership player.

3) David Platt.... Overpaid Translator. Nothing more, nothing less. Mancini needs to bring in an assistant who he can rely on, not a nodding dog.

I think the mistakes Mancini has made mainly are those of man management. Too much stick and not enough carrot.

Perfect example was couple of weeks ago, there was an opportunity for the squad to spend time together, when there were no games for a week or so.

Whisky nose takes his boys off on a golfing holiday Mancini goes to Bosnia on holiday alone, Mario gatecrashes Inter Milans TV conference. No togetherness from the players!!!

I think the biggest mistake Mancini has made is the training regime.... City are being overtrained.

Most of the players complain about this privately.... and at this stage of the season, they are now exhausted and tired. The last few games have shown this to be dramatically true!! I think Mancini has to rethink his training plans, and bring in some different methods... we are not in Serie A.

I think City should stick by Mancini... I like him.

We are getting there.... nobody was expecting to win the league this year, improvement is what we were expecting, and the League in 2012-2013. It was only because of our phenomenal start that expectations were put up a notch.... however as us City fans have grown to expect, we are very often thrown snippets of false hope and expectations, only to be wildly disappointed.

I think this year we have played some great football.... we have progressed, despite what some Rags would like to think. We gave United a BIG scare, and will finish 2nd in the League for the first time in many a year.

• Like 2

Agree with much of what you say jack.

Reference Mario. He seems like a good kid off the pitch and I think football needs characters. However, i said several weeks ago that my patience was running thin. Well, it's totally run out and he should be just got rid of. He was very lucky to get away with that first tackle but after his first yellow, everyone (except Mancini) just knew that another would come. He's a liability that we can't afford.

Reference Mancini, as you know, I have said all along that my jury is out with him. Well, they have deliberated and returned and I'm sorry to say he's guilty of not being a good manager and needs to be replaced. You have mentioned some of the reasons why, in your post but apart from his dubious tactical decisions on the park, it's starting to get obvious that behind the scenes he isn't being a man-manager. To exclude a talent like Adebayor, at first those not in the know, could put it down to Adebayor misbehaving. Then there's the shunning Bellamy and then the Tevez saga. Now his handling of Mario, whom he bought and who he knew had issues. At some point he has to look at himself and ask if it's his managerial style that is wrong and not everyone else.

• Like 2

Agree with much of what you say jack.

Reference Mario. He seems like a good kid off the pitch and I think football needs characters. However, i said several weeks ago that my patience was running thin. Well, it's totally run out and he should be just got rid of. He was very lucky to get away with that first tackle but after his first yellow, everyone (except Mancini) just knew that another would come. He's a liability that we can't afford.

Reference Mancini, as you know, I have said all along that my jury is out with him. Well, they have deliberated and returned and I'm sorry to say he's guilty of not being a good manager and needs to be replaced. You have mentioned some of the reasons why, in your post but apart from his dubious tactical decisions on the park, it's starting to get obvious that behind the scenes he isn't being a man-manager. To exclude a talent like Adebayor, at first those not in the know, could put it down to Adebayor misbehaving. Then there's the shunning Bellamy and then the Tevez saga. Now his handling of Mario, whom he bought and who he knew had issues. At some point he has to look at himself and ask if it's his managerial style that is wrong and not everyone else.

Mancini only seems to have a plan A, he is not a great manager, maybe a good manager, but for city to get the most out of the spending power they have they need a more clued up manager.

Bellotelli should have had a red or at least a yellow for that first tackle, and after his first yellow mancini should have taken him off, or did he leave him on, on purpose as he knew a 2nd was coming so he had a scapegoat? you never know.

Well, I guess thats it for another year!!

I think mistakes were made over the season, by Mancini, though I feel he is the right manager. Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes.

You dont win Serie A titles by being tactically naive... that was not the problem... I just feel there were personelle problems along the way.

1) Balotelli... this is the obvious one that was a big mistake. Talented and gifted though the lad is, he is just not mature enough or smart enough for the Premiership. Shame.

2) Stefan Savic.. To this day, I do not know what Mancini sees in this kid. Cost us a goal every time he played. Not a Premiership player.

3) David Platt.... Overpaid Translator. Nothing more, nothing less. Mancini needs to bring in an assistant who he can rely on, not a nodding dog.

I think the mistakes Mancini has made mainly are those of man management. Too much stick and not enough carrot.

Perfect example was couple of weeks ago, there was an opportunity for the squad to spend time together, when there were no games for a week or so.

Whisky nose takes his boys off on a golfing holiday Mancini goes to Bosnia on holiday alone, Mario gatecrashes Inter Milans TV conference. No togetherness from the players!!!

I think the biggest mistake Mancini has made is the training regime.... City are being overtrained.

Most of the players complain about this privately.... and at this stage of the season, they are now exhausted and tired. The last few games have shown this to be dramatically true!! I think Mancini has to rethink his training plans, and bring in some different methods... we are not in Serie A.

I think City should stick by Mancini... I like him.

We are getting there.... nobody was expecting to win the league this year, improvement is what we were expecting, and the League in 2012-2013. It was only because of our phenomenal start that expectations were put up a notch.... however as us City fans have grown to expect, we are very often thrown snippets of false hope and expectations, only to be wildly disappointed.

I think this year we have played some great football.... we have progressed, despite what some Rags would like to think. We gave United a BIG scare, and will finish 2nd in the League for the first time in many a year.

The way you have capitulated 2nd is not guaranteed yet mate.

I hope Mancini stays jap.gif he is not a good man manager it is clear to see.

Yesterday summed up your season,good in patches.

August til December jap.gif

Strange really after playing that wonderful football for 2/3 months you just lost it,you are correct about Mancini he lost it first and the players followed.

The thing is how good was your start to the season and your home form?? unbelievable really........and then you get a soppy scouser saying United are just an average team! licklips.gif .......not bad to beat you lot this season after the football you have played.I wonder if you will reach the standard you set at the start of the season again though? i hope you do .

August til December jap.gif

Strange really after playing that wonderful football for 2/3 months you just lost it,you are correct about Mancini he lost it first and the players followed.

The thing is how good was your start to the season and your home form?? unbelievable really........and then you get a soppy scouser saying United are just an average team! licklips.gif .......not bad to beat you lot this season after the football you have played.I wonder if you will reach the standard you set at the start of the season again though? i hope you do .

City will benefit from a better manager...simple as that. His man management is clearly not great.

Why on earth didn't he take off super Mario after the yellow card?

So...who is gonna be the next manager?

To continue the tradition of hire prostitutes (I know Gunners fans agree), I believe Jose M would be excellent.

He will stick around for 1 maybe 2 seasons, and then move on.

Or wait......maybe Sven will be back.

;-)

;-)

P.S. you don't have to be at the top to decline. To take a downward direction from any position could be defined as declining.

So there is hope for us, that after all the money you have spent you will go backwards next year, now that i woild like to see.

Makes me laugh, how short your memories are. You lot where spending more than anyone else for years, whilst we were skint. We are merely playing catch up.

Ok lets get some facts in.

From 1986/87,,, to 1996.

UNITED. gross 32.37m

net 5.5m

CITY gross 32.57m

net 13,54m.

In that time united won 3 FA Cups 1 League cup 1 Cup winners cup 1 Super cup and 3 League tittles.

In that period city was relegated twice and won sweet <deleted> all !!!

So united did not establish the dominance by out spending everyone else, just another urban myth.

The facts are all there to see.

Took you 5 days to research that did it nev? What was the cause of the difference between your gross and net figures? Even then, you are trying to tell me United only grossed 32.37m in 10 years (3.2 per annum). laugh.pnglaugh.png Excellent effort nev but don't take it up as a day job eh clap2.gif

See you in another 5 days mate !!

I hasten to remind you red that none of these guys will be at the Etihad in the summer when Jose arrives!

Let them have their little giggle Carms. I don't mind. We are not like them, throwing their toys out of the pram i.e. United in decline thread. They absolutely can't take banter thrown at them but love to dish it out.

Took you 5 days to research that did it nev. What was the cause of the difference between your gross and net figures?

See you in another 5 days mate !!

Sale of Hughes 2 times 2,3m barca 1.5m to chelsea.

Ince to inter 7m.

Kanchelskis 5m to everton, was the main sales.

Not bad record compared to city's spending.

I hasten to remind you red that none of these guys will be at the Etihad in the summer when Jose arrives!

Let them have their little giggle Carms. I don't mind. We are not like them, throwing their toys out of the pram i.e. United in decline thread. They absolutely can't take banter thrown at them but love to dish it out.

I only come here for the banter jap.gif you should know that by now!!

Screen+Shot+2012-04-09+at+10.39.23+AM.png

It must be unsettling being a City fan if that is the case.......no Mancini means no back up staff and all the back up team,because a new manager will bring in his own men.

No Nasri,Tevez,Balotelli, but they might hold onto Agureo and Dzecko? Basically it is start all over again very mercenary isn't it?

City are becoming more like Chelsea every second

Screen+Shot+2012-04-09+at+10.39.23+AM.png

It must be unsettling being a City fan if that is the case.......no Mancini means no back up staff and all the back up team,because a new manager will bring in his own men.

No Nasri,Tevez,Balotelli, but they might hold onto Agureo and Dzecko? Basically it is start all over again very mercenary isn't it?

City are becoming more like Chelsea every second

Not really mate. They have the nucleus in place. Ya Ya, Kompany, Silva, Aguero, Hart to name but four. Just get rid of a few rotten apples, replace balotelli with RVP, and when the "ego" joins in the summer everythings in place.

mancini overall has done a decent job but he's not good enough to joust with whiskey nose, which is no disgrace.

Mourinho's massive ego is such that he could never even understand what pressure is.

Well you are all pretty adamant that he will join City at the end of the season,we will see jap.gif i personally think Mancini will be given another year.

I hope so anyway giggle.gif

Looking to the future i would love to see MandM face each other in the premier league,with both there touchline histronics that would be a match in itself.