Two families 'attacked' by teenage gang on New Year's day in Chonburi

webfact

Two Families 'Attacked' by Teenage Gang On New Year's Day
By Khaosod English

14201002931420100490l.jpg
A teenage gang allegedly shattered the windshield of a family's car in Chonburi, 1 Jan 2014.

CHONBURI — A group of teenagers allegedly launched unprovoked attacks on two cars driving through Chonburi province early this morning, police say.

Prawit Wongbooppa, 57, was driving his wife and two sons to a Buddhist temple at around 6 am this morning when a group of teenagers reportedly blocked the road and began to beat his car with heavy sticks, shattering the windshield and injuring Waranyu Wongbooppa, who was sitting in the passenger seat.

Shortly after, the group attacked another vehicle driving down the same road in Udomsak county, police say.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1420100293

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-01-01

• Like 1

thats what happens when you fill your head with meth amphetamine 6 am up all night high as kites nothing to do so turn to violence forget who your victim is as the whole world in that stae is your victim so much for land smiles its more and more and spreading like vermin remeber gangs in other countries so why not thailand

So what were the police doing to allow this to happen in the first place? Agreed they cant be everywhere but they can be on patrol so this build up of thugs would never occur.

It is time for Thailand to stop making excuses for this type of behavior and to get serious with it. Harsh penalties and if necessary go into the gangs with no punches pulled. These cowards only do what they do because they know the police will hold back. It is time to take Thailand back from these morons and make it a safe place for all people to live and move around in

• Like 1

Nothing will happen to this so called gang attack and they won't be even identified by police. It's just another day to day event in Thailand.

Thailand is going through a serious crisis , a crisis of image to the rest if the world.

The driver should have just driven over these morons.

Pathetic and disgusting.

There was a case in Scotland years ago, a gang attacked a young girl sitting in a mini waiting at the side of the road. A gang of boys came along and thought they would have some fun, they shook her car from side to side, and then tried to lift it up, the girl started screaming and pumping her horn till they got fed up and went away.

She reported it to the police, and they asked her why she did not just drive away, "oh, I didn't want to hurt any of them", she said. This was reported in a local newspaper.

So what were the police doing to allow this to happen in the first place? Agreed they cant be everywhere but they can be on patrol so this build up of thugs would never occur.

It is time for Thailand to stop making excuses for this type of behavior and to get serious with it. Harsh penalties and if necessary go into the gangs with no punches pulled. These cowards only do what they do because they know the police will hold back. It is time to take Thailand back from these morons and make it a safe place for all people to live and move around in

Thailand is still a far safer country to live in than the UK, and I don't doubt many other western countries also.

No cops on the road that time of day. Coffee and breakfast first. When the sun goes down the cops seem to roll up the rug and go home enmass. Night patrols would do a lot to cut down on the motorbike madness that takes place on the main drag outside our condo every night all night. I am surprised with the amount of noise that they are not peeling somebody off of a utility pole every night. We bicycle past a place that does big bike conversions and they are always full and busy. Some of these young bucks should be given shots to reduce their testosterone level.

Thailand is still a far safer country to live in than the UK, and I don't doubt many other western countries also.

I agree with you but this kind of action by a group of brainless youths can not be allowed to continue. Incidentally both London and Bangkok are listed in the most dangerous 25 cities in the world.

It is never going to happen but if I was in charge of sorting these problems out these gangs would be terrified of me. I would show no mercy on them

• Like 1

I agree with you but this kind of action by a group of brainless youths can not be allowed to continue. Incidentally both London and Bangkok are listed in the most dangerous 25 cities in the world.

It is never going to happen but if I was in charge of sorting these problems out these gangs would be terrified of me. I would show no mercy on them

I really can't see why Bangkok can be listed as that, I have walked around, and stayed in Bangkok, and I never felt threatened at all. The biggest danger was idiots riding motorbikes on the pavements.

In Thailand its just not worth provoking them, unless you know you can make a fast and clean get away, running them over might just make them bring out the guns and get your family shot. There is no way around this insanity if you are caught in the middle.

Faced with a bunch of guys with sticks blocking my car, if I couldn't get around them, I'd have to go through them. It's not like they would call the police...

When your life and that of your family is being threatened like that, you do what you have to do. Nobody would have missed these kids anyway. I am fairly certain their parents regret the decision to birth these monsters. So running them down, and destroying their precious bikes in the process might send a message to these insect gangs. Have you ever witnessed a single one of these punks attack or threaten someone when by themselves? All of a sudden they become big, bold men when in a group of five or more. When alone, they are tiny little boys, afraid of even their own shadows. The police seem unwilling to touch them. Even if they are arrested, if their family has some cash, they never go to trial. And if they do end up at trial, the big bad judge suspends the sentence. So, how does one get justice with a system like that?