Luxury cars in Suvarnabhumi disabled parking spaces (photos)

webfact

This is the part of this society that makes my blood boil. The a holes that own these cars probably make merit (for their luck), think they're good Buddhists, but think nothing of taking away convenience from disabled people because money gives them the privilege. IMO, they are the worst of the worst! bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Prayut is in an excellent, untouchable position to affect change here and bring Thais closer. Have soldiers tow these vehicles to be publicly destroyed!

What if the drivers are disabled?

If they don't enforce the laws (if there are even any against it) nothing will stop it from happening again and again. We all see it every day but the police seems to miss it.

Are you sure you mean that Bobby? Enforcing the laws would apply to your heros also, the PTP, Yingluck and Thaksin.

Careful what you wish for. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

25,000 baht (£500) removal fee, car removed to somewhere a long way away, like 100 kms at least, another 25,000 baht to reclaim the car which you can't do unless you take your driving licence, insurance, registration documents and any other associated paperwork, and if you forget any of it, whoops, a return trip all over again. Forget clamping with these idiots - make it as inconvenient as possible.

This is pretty much what happens in the UK. Try illegal parking in London or Brighton ...

Car craned away, huge recovery fees, high daily storage charges, forget a document and another day to pay for, and often the car is then inspected for defects by the police before it is returned. If any are found, the driver is fined for driving an unroadworthy car and made to pay for the repairs before it is released ...

Simpler solution - a member of Joe Public pops all four tyres with a small screwdriver, and then drags the blade of said small screwdriver all over the bodywork, maybe 'writing 'I am a selfish idiot' in deep unsprayable scratches or spraying the same words all over the car ...

They deserve nothing less ...

Scouser! cheesy.gif

Just shows how wrong the idiots on TV can be - nowhere near ... facepalm.gif

in a word, scum. The lowest of the low. Just sprinkle some flour on the windscreens & that'll be that.

Lard is much better. wink.png

One does not always have Lard handy, when one needs some... But flour is nice, eggs thrown at those cars is great too and some accidental scratching of the entire length of the car with one's car keys even better...

• Like 1

That unexplainable Thainess!

Not just Thainess. Many people in many countries suffer from the same mental block when it comes to disabled parking spaces. I know some perfectly rational intelligent farangs who park in disabled spaces in the UK and aren't disabled. Usually the excuses are - got the kids with me, I will only be 2 minutes, the space was empty, there wasn't any disabled person waiting to park, and the indifferent "I'm so important the rules don't apply to me" usually associated with businessmen or mature mum's going for a coffee and muffins after doing the school run in their SUV's.

Clamp the selfish bastards and charge a very high release fee. They soon learn.

My son is disabled but we only ever park in a disabled parking bay when he is with us. We know the value and importance of those bays to those with disability.

Yip, been fighting with many many drivers over this issue over the years, some fights turned very nasty indeed. There are for instance people with valid permits to park in those areas who park there, and let the maid go shopping (and sitting in the car while waiting). Or mothers (my favorite) who have just picked up their 13 year old daughter from sports but need a few things from the supermarket ("she is only there for five minutes"). Needless to say, screaming matches in the parking lot are not uncommon when I am involved (not in Thailand, unfortunately, not that it would 'help' the cause). Or delivery people who deliver in the morning and cannot walk 5 more meters with their flower pots? Yes, I call them LOW LIVES and wish them that their mother ends up in a wheelchair some day! I think such people will only learn from 'personal experience'!

• Like 2

in a word, scum. The lowest of the low. Just sprinkle some flour on the windscreens & that'll be that.

Lard is much better. wink.png

One does not always have Lard handy, when one needs some... But flour is nice, eggs thrown at those cars is great too and some accidental scratching of the entire length of the car with one's car keys even better...

Would you suggest breaking the eggs and scrambling them first, what about substituting butter for lard?

On a more serious note, what you are advocating is actually vandalism and criminal type behavior, and as much as I am in agreement with you about the annoyance these people cause, it is up to the people who are running the parking garage to deal with it.

BTW duck eggs or chicken? Whole wheat flour?whistling.gif

Many assumptions being made here...

Does Thailand issue issue any type of disabled/handicap parking permit that is visually displayed or can be confirmed by checking records?

Can't disabled people have a luxury car? One should really not assume...

i was on the third floor last week and noticed about 5 cars up there with about an inch of dust on them, seems that they had been left there for some time now

Really? About an inch? Obviously no draughts on that level. I'm surprised that some wag has not raked a 'clean me I'm dirty' legend in the layer. How does that stuff cling to vertical surfaces?

The thai man i rent my room from has parkinsons...he has two wheel chair

a hiso fancy one and the loso one...wonder if i borrowed the loso chair and

pretended to be disabled and go to the tesco where the spots seems to be taken...

I can only imagine the crowd of slack jawed gawkers standing around as i made my debate...

Maybe take a pic of me in distress as i wait for the owners and then take a quick pic to post on FB

take it to the web folks--its the only way to break the news out of the walls of this bubble world....oi!

I got a warning from mall security in the UK for putting some fish skin on the windscreen of one transgresser, he did nothing about the parked car. Nice to see he was so keenly watching rhe cctv though!

The parking attendant by the disabled spaces last week at the airport kept trying to get my attention while trying to find a space and while trying to find the down exit wound the window down to ask where down was (the signs are wrong) he asked if I wanted a parking space. I'm guessing he was going to move the cone in exchange for money.

Mercedes parked across two parent and child spaces at Tesco today and a Toyota with no children.

Classy peeps here.

This shows a blatant disrespect for the handicapped and I am better than you attitude of Thai wealthy.

Tow the vehicles far away to a storage yard leaving them outside.

Then charge 100,000 baht fine and threaten a second offense will be jail time.

• Like 1

When Makro 1st opened in Hua hin the store coned-off the disabled parking area, & had a 'security' man hovering there to ward off the hi-so's etc who felt it was their right to park right next to the main doors.

(Generally the same drivers that bring the town's traffic to a standstill by double-parking..& when the MiB arrive the driver will [in no uncertain terms] tell the police officers what to do/where to go). TiT.

• Like 1