Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I like Young Boys..

between you and your manager - its no wonder you guys struggle to stay up and keep it up. :whistling:

Are you sure you guys are on the right thread?

sorry Carmine< I see Singer is just making up for lost time, will try to keep things focused on Arry and the boys. Whats this about Defoe needing surgery on his groin?

Yeh, he'll probably partner Crouch tonight then surgery and out until end of September. I always felt that there would be more on the transfer side if and when we qualified and now i'm sure because it looks almost certain that Keane is on his way very soon.

Now, for your thoughts......Seville knocked out and Fabiano not cup tied. Could it be....probably not be i always live in hope, as with us getting Lass Diarra from Real.

Those two though along with Gallas and we'd be looking very very good would'nt you say James.

Pretty sure Fabiano came out and said he didn't want to play for you, other than that you look fine as usual.

Whilst i can't quite see it happening he has back tracked quite a lot from his initial reaction and i am very sure that he wants CL football this season.

Pretty sure Fabiano came out and said he didn't want to play for you, other than that you look fine as usual.

Of course he didn't want to play for us, that is until he found out how much we want to pay him :o the same reason as 99% of premier league players want to play for there clubs.

Edited by alfieconn

Of course he didn't want to play for us, that is until he found out how much we want to pay him :o the same reason as 99% of premier league players want to play for there clubs.

That's why i like Young Boys, much more honest & deserving ..

Biggie tonight, Shame about Defoe not being totally fit but hey ho, its onto the champions league we must go!!

Im confident of a win, IMO The away leg scenario will be reversed, It will take them a while to adjust to our pitch, and hopefully by the time theyve adjusted, all being well we will be in control and marching onwards.

Ps Dug out a family heir loom for the new profile pic.

Biggie tonight, Shame about Defoe not being totally fit but hey ho, its onto the champions league we must go!!

Im confident of a win, IMO The away leg scenario will be reversed, It will take them a while to adjust to our pitch, and hopefully by the time theyve adjusted, all being well we will be in control and marching onwards.

Seems the profile pic takes a while to arrive, just to let u know its a ticket from spurs v Dukla Prague in the European cup campaign of 61 /62

Seems the profile pic takes a while to arrive, just to let u know its a ticket from spurs v Dukla Prague in the European cup campaign of 61 /62

my fault, but its waited so so long for an airing, whats a few minutes!!!

my fault, but its waited so so long for an airing, whats a few minutes!!!

Thought you'd lost it there for a minute but its making sense now....:thumbsup:

Huge match for us tonight which I reckon will be a real scrap but with our home support and King shoring things up defensively we should get through.

Great result. I was rather worried about that one. Mindyou, atleast we got to play on grass this time. Why the authorities believe it is fair to allow astro turf is beyond me.

Some excellent individual performances. Crouch hat trick, (selling him would have been so stupid) Huddlestone impressed again and what a player Gareth Bale is becomming.

We should be doing some business in the transfer market very soon methinks.

I've never been that interested in the CL draw before now. :D

Excellent, well done Spuds..

Firstly because i'll now earn a fortune off your Fans over the coming Months & secondly, i hope you enjoy it cos it's incredibly ironic that you'll have to rely on Arsenal imploding if you are to make it again after you get knocked out by the" non Swiss " good Sides that are in it, which will be very soon, honestly..:)

Firstly because i'll now earn a fortune off your Fans over the coming Months & secondly, i hope you enjoy it cos it's incredibly ironic that you'll have to rely on Arsenal imploding if you are to make it again after you get knocked out by the" non Swiss " good Sides that are in it, which will be very soon, honestly..:)

VERY few sides would'nt have struggled on astro turf. They were no match at all on grass.

I also think we are going to be difficult to keep out of the top four but i will admit i 've always felt we needed atleast a couple of top notch signings which we have'nt made and that might cost us.

NB Arsenal will implode as usual and Wenger will make a tit of himself crying and screaming on the touchline just as has happened before.....think we can take City too.

Edited by carmine

You've lost me a bit there Singher, you say we will get "knocked out" which implies we will reach the round 16 as you can't get knocked out of the group matches and then you say "very soon", the group stages don't end until the 7/8 Dec if that's what you mean by knocked out which is not soon in my book ;) , so come on tell us what you really mean :o.

Secondly we don't have to rely on anyone imploding, we can get in the top 4 on our own merits just like last season and this season we will be even stronger but you keep on talking up City not that it did them much good last season.

Edited by alfieconn

You've lost me a bit there Singher, you say we will get "knocked out" which implies we will reach the round 16 as you can't get knocked out of the group matches and then you say "very soon", the group stages don't end until the 7/8 Dec if that's what you mean by knocked out which is not soon in my book ;) , so come on tell us what you really mean :o.

Secondly we don't have to rely on anyone imploding, we can get in the top 4 on our own merits just like last season and this season we will be even stronger but you keep on talking up City not that it did them much good last season.

We're a big club, playing the the big league, where we belong. :)

It doesn't imply you'll get to the last 16 at all as of course you can get knocked out of the Competition via the Group, what happens if you finish 3rd or 4th in the Group then..??

You won't get Top 4 on your own Merits this Year either, unless Arsenal implode, as to say that City have strengthened even on last Years Team, would be an understatement..

Bit of dough or what ??

We're a big club, playing the the big league, where we belong. :)

You are & as i said, it's great for me & long may it continue, but sadly it won't...

Well, Spurs won't draw Rangers because they are both in the same pot.

Pot one: Inter Milan, Barcelona, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Lyon.

Pot two: Werder Bremen, Real Madrid, Roma, Shakhtar Donetsk, Benfica, Valencia, Marseille, Panathinaikos.

Pot three: Tottenham, Rangers, Ajax, Schalke, Basle, Braga, FC Copenhagen, Spartak Moscow.

Pot four: Hapoel Tel Aviv, FC Twente, Rubin Kazan, Auxerre, CFR Cluj, Partizan Belgrade, MSK Zilina, Bursaspor.

Draw at 18.00 CET (23.00 Thai time)

Pot one: Inter Milan, Barcelona, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Lyon.

Pot two: Werder Bremen, Real Madrid, Roma, Shakhtar Donetsk, Benfica, Valencia, Marseille, Panathinaikos.

Pot three: Tottenham, Rangers, Ajax, Schalke, Basle, Braga, FC Copenhagen, Spartak Moscow.

Pot four: Hapoel Tel Aviv, FC Twente, Rubin Kazan, Auxerre, CFR Cluj, Partizan Belgrade, MSK Zilina, Bursaspor.

:D Thanks for that delboy.

In that case I'll take Lyon Shakhtar Donetsk and Rubin Kazan. When's the draw for the second round then? B)

In that case I'll take Lyon Shakhtar Donetsk and Rubin Kazan. When's the draw for the second round then? B)

Spoken like a true T*ttenham Fan, about as knowledgeable about his Football as a &lt;deleted&gt; Door Knob !!

Spoken like a true T*ttenham Fan, about as knowledgeable about his Football as a &lt;deleted&gt; Door Knob !!

I had my stop watch on waiting for your reply to that one mate, and since you've become a regular on our thread i knew you would'nt disappoint. :D

It doesn't imply you'll get to the last 16 at all as of course you can get knocked out of the Competition via the Group, what happens if you finish 3rd or 4th in the Group then..??

You won't get Top 4 on your own Merits this Year either, unless Arsenal implode, as to say that City have strengthened even on last Years Team, would be an understatement..

Bit of dough or what ??

Right Singher 2 bets if ya fancy them : 1,000 baht ses we qualify from the group stages

1,000 baht ses we finish at least 11 places higher than your mob

E.G we finish 4th and you finish 14th = 10. therefore all sq

we finish 6th and you finish 14th = 8. you win

we finish 3rd and you finish 17th = 14. i win.

Bit of dough or what ??

Right Singher 2 bets if ya fancy them : 1,000 baht ses we qualify from the group stages

1,000 baht ses we finish at least 11 places higher than your mob

E.G we finish 4th and you finish 14th = 10. therefore all sq

we finish 6th and you finish 14th = 8. you win

we finish 3rd and you finish 17th = 14. i win.

What about West Ham going down. :o

Good result, although 4 me hardly unexpected against a nothing more than slightly above average team, IMo nice boys would be mid table perm at the best and that would be a struggle . Last night we played some lovely 1-2 touch football, And I'm really looking 4 ward to the group stages But if we are going to progress past that and 4 me its a big if, our midfield needs to improve, a good champs league team would have exploited some of its sloppy passing last night , Palacious in particlar needs to step up his passing game. However a memorable night for the spurs, ccccccccccccooooooooooooooooooooome onnnnnnnnn uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusppppppppppppppppppppppuuuurrrrrrrrrsssssssss.

Edited by rijit

I had my stop watch on waiting for your reply to that one mate, and since you've become a regular on our thread i knew you would'nt disappoint. :D

I'm having a wee flutter on them not winning a game before Christmas....and I'll be watching the match against Blackppol in Nevember with interest as its the only one his team of no hopers can even dream of taking three points in. Relegation? Mate if I can get any odds at all I'm going to win BIG....

Group A: Inter Milan, Werder Bremen, TOTTENHAM, FC Twente

Interesting ties against Rafa.....but a tough couple with Bremen....at least there's no trips to Eastern Europe.

Some great nights ahead hopefully!

:)

Edited by smokie36

Tough draw for us but i don't think anyone was expecting anything else. I think we can go through. No ones going to like coming the White Hart Lane. Inter ofcourse have an exceptional side but i think we will hold our own in the group.

Whilst it's fantastic to be playing in the CL i hope the focus remains firmly on staying in the top four which is well within our grasp.