Tottenham Thread

chonabot

We got the first goal and from then on plain sailing.  Stoke were dreadful and judging from the lack of fight shown on the pitch Hughes is in trouble.

Son MOM by a distance.

What did have me thinking way beyond the game was the stat thrown in by the commentator that since the absence of Alderweirald we've conceded twice as many goals and won half as many points!!  Thats a horrific stat to take in.

6 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Would,nt get to carried away with y/days win

only a very short time back,we(C/sea) put 4 through against Stoke, and we have been a very ordinary all season, and have a big task ahead to get a C/L place

a nice Chimp of a good morning to all

Why are you discussing Chelsea on the Spurs thread ? we really don't care about em so best you go on the chavs thread and talk about how they bottled it yesterday !

Edited by alfieconn
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Why are you discussing Chelsea on the Spurs thread ? i really don'r about em so best you go on the chavs thread and talk about how they bottled it yesterday !

well if it does,nt fit in with your bill, report my post there is a function to do so, instead  of being a Whinging Pom

26 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Chelsea...they bottled it yesterday !".

Bottled it? Correct term? Surely not. Looked to me that they failed to break down WHU's 11man defence; no more, no less.

According to the stats WHU put the ball into the Chelsea penalty area 19 times and Chelsea into WHU's area 34 times. Both teams were desperate towards the end though. Scrappy game!

35 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Bottled it? Correct term? Surely not. Looked to me that they failed to break down WHU's 11man defence; no more, no less.

What game was you watching ? Chelsea had 19 shots, i always thought you saw something different in games to everyone else and that confirms it, perhaps it's something to do with your colour blindness !

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The only thing clear from your post is that you didn't watch the whole game.

West Ham should have had a penalty for the handball incident.

Mostly they won the midfield battle but were poor up front.

Adrian played well I thought.

Edited by RonniePickering22

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Why are you discussing Chelsea on the Spurs thread ? we really don't care about em so best you go on the chavs thread and talk about how they bottled it yesterday !

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

What game was you watching ? Chelsea had 19 shots, i always thought you saw something different in games to everyone else and that confirms it, perhaps it's something to do with your colour blindness !

you are a right  Whinging  Pommy  Fluffwit Tart,^^^^^^  within 1 hour you are contradicting yourself

22 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"atleast you make US laugh" ... "WERE (sic) not interested because WE'D" ...Carmine's 'holier than though' "I'm in with the in crowd" mentality to the fore.

Anything football or Spurs related?

19 hours ago, evenstevens said:

you are a right  Whinging  Pommy  Fluffwit Tart,^^^^^^  within 1 hour you are contradicting yourself

So a team that has  19 shots cannot have bottled it ?  but that's exactly what you said

Why  all the post mortems??? Just another  Spuds Bottle !!

after Spurs drew with West Brom when we had 25 shots, so i take it when it's comes to Chelsea's results bottle mean's something different !

strange that the bottler don't know what he's talking about when it comes to bottle :passifier: :biggrin:

On 10/12/2017 at 9:51 AM, alfieconn said:

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

So a team that has  19 shots cannot have bottled it ?  but that's exactly what you said

after Spurs drew with West Brom when we had 25 shots, so i take it when it's comes to Chelsea's results bottle mean's something different !

strange that the bottler don't know what he's talking about when it comes to bottle :passifier: :biggrin:

answer the question.why keep on contridicting yourself..refer to your.previous posts.the first one above

Edited by evenstevens

The games are coming thick and fast. Is it because of the World Cup and the International breaks squashing the fixtures?

I think this format can be unfair on the fans (two close away games), although teams that travelled a long way at the w/e do not have far to go this mid-week.

Anyway, there are some chances for teams who should have done better last time out to redeem themselves; as in Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U and Chelski.

2-0 Burnley v Stoke City
Burnley, along with City, are the shock team of the season for me. Already with 28 points they can look upwards instead of down. Unlike Stoke who have nose-dived and are looking at the results of the likes of Swansea, Palace and WBA.

I'm going for The Clarets to win with ease.

2-2 Palace v Watford
This should be a good game. Palace climbing out of trouble, at home to unpredictable Watford. Plenty of goals. I'm on the fence.

1-3 Huddersfield v Chelsea
Great win by The Terriers last time out. Chelski will be bemoaning their tired little bodies even more if they don't win. Never hear the end of it by POTY hopeful evenstevens.

1-0 Newcastle v Everton 
The Magpies are in deep trouble. Fortunately for them Everton are not much better. Very lucky to get away from Anfield with that point on Sunday. Newcastle to nick one at the death.

0-2 Southampton v Leicester
I fancy leicester to finish above one of the big boys. They are powering up the table. Can they do better than The Arsenal at St Marys?

Saints are just a mid-table outfit at best now-a-days. The stats on this one will be interesting; Saints a possession team v break-a-way Foxes.

1-2 Swansea v Man City
Can Swans stop the Citizens steamroller? The bookies say NO way! I agree but it will not be as easy as against Utd last time out.

6-0 Liverpool v WBA
When it doesn't matter quite so much I expect all the near misses to go in tonight. WBA for the drop.

2-1 Man Utd v Bournemouth 
After being soundly beaten by City this is a chance for Utd to restore some smiles to the red half of Manchester. I think The Cherries will give it a good go though.

2-0 Spurs v Brighton
Are Brighton in for a tanking just like Stoke!? A comfortable win for SuperSpurs. Eriksen doing the bizzo like before the last international break.

1-1 WHU v Arsenal
Can The Irons roll over another of the big boys? If they can win this one it will be 'hail the Moyesia' all over the East End. I can see pleny of Arsenal possession but Moyes' boys holding strong. Draw all day long.

+++

Not too much happening outside the Prem', but the Fart Cup replay between Crewe and Blackburn stages on Wednesday night. Can hardly say the two club names in the same sentence.

Edited by owl sees all

Alderweirald out until february.  Thats a big blow.  Since we don't have the cash to buy a replacement it looks like Carter-Vickers  will be recalled but as a 19yo with little or no premier league experience its hardly like for like.  Foyth who was bought as one for the future really is just that.

I read this morning that Guardiols is talking about january signings to cover for Stones and Mendy, which is fair enough but thats the difference.  You either have the cash or you don't.  One major reason i can't wait for the new stadiums huge revenues!!

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^We are only trying to buy the ManU reject at WBA..shouldn't break the bank (we should give them mangala as a freebie while we are at it) and surely is within your budget also.

A ManU reject to cover for Mendy and Stones?  That doesn't sound like a plan at all to me.  

I think our budget will go, rightly or wrongly,  on Barkley.  

The ManU reject is to cover Stones and Kompany, though I'm pretty sure WBA have played him at LB so he could cover Mendy. He's capable but not a great idea buying from your hated rivals (there are always exceptions of course).

Like others on here I'm not impressed by Barkley - there was stupid talk a few years of buying him to replace Yaya - so I hope you get him.