Tottenham Thread

chonabot

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

No. I think you are just trying to get some comfort by shifting the blame onto those pesky Sheikhs and Russians.

Man United smashed transfer records for years and the current top 3 most expensive Prem players are Pogba, Lukaku and Di Maria. That ain't the fault of the oil men. Would you rather we all just left Man United to rule the roost

Yes but United generate their own cash.  Can't knock them for that.  

11 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Still on the waiting list for a season ticket and heard nothing.

There are over 40000 still waiting btw.

Can't see the club being too worried.

Shame and embarrassment for the Citeh lot there!

"Shame and embarrassment for the Citeh lot" - how so?

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Yes but United generate their own cash.  Can't knock them for that.  

...and you think only ManU generate their own cash and City, Spurs, etc DON'T? Unbelievable!  Google is your friend when you don't know.

Fyi...City's latest revenue figures for you:

- Record revenues of £473.4million posted, a 21% increase from the previous period

- Third consecutive year of profitability with zero debt

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...and you think only ManU generate their own cash and City, Spurs, etc DON'T? Unbelievable!  Google is your friend when you don't know.

- Record revenues of £473.4million posted, a 21% increase from the previous period

We don't take financial advice from council estate clubs. :partytime2:

What you are not grasping is that a premium has to be paid on membership fee to be on the list for a season ticket.

40000 are happy to wait what might be a very long turn.

Hardly a crisis here.

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

How embarrassing. You didn't even know that your own Fans Trust were up in arms over it. Do you even know who Martin Cloake is?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/13/tottenham-fans-group-hits-pricing-structure-new-stadium/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5495865/Tottenham-supporters-group-hit-ticket-prices-new-stadium.html

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/mar/26/time-for-spurs-repair-relationship-fans-tickets

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-record-3063m-revenue-sees-supporters-trust-call-for-lower-season-ticket-prices-at-new-a3804356.html

Talk about all these escalating stadium costs is only an observation, so I don't know why you Spurs fans are getting all protective and tetchy. Let's make one thing absolutely clear though, I don't care one jot if Spurs go down the pan or your owners carry on ripping you off and pricing people out on ticket prices and yet not delivering silverware, you carry on .

How was any of the above answering my questions, anyway i'll ask them again :

Who was talking about it ? Levy, Joe Lewis ? no neither of them because Spurs don't talk about things do they ?  and anyway why are you talking about seaon ticket prices in past tense when the prices have been out for months ?

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Some excellent work done by City's commercial team to find such lucrative shirt and stadium sponsors. How do they do it?

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Who was talking about it ? Levy, Joe Lewis ?

You can lead a horse to water............................

Alfie, read the post again. I even gave you links. It was your very own Supporters Trust who were talking (nay moaning) about it. OK now?

52 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Your new ground is costing Spurs 1.2billion. Our new ground (Etihad) cost us just £20 million for the fitout.

:partytime2:

And we could have bought it but with the cheap as chips rent, anyone with an ounce of financial savvy would do what we have

18 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Alfie, read the post again. I even gave you links. It was your very own Supporters Trust who were talking (nay moaning) about it. OK now?

Your post :  Even at the original cost of the project they were talking about putting some ticket prices up by 50%

Ok so the Supporters trust determine season ticket prices now, ok i understand now ! 

Edited by alfieconn

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Your post :  Even at the original cost of the project they were talking about putting some ticket prices up by 50%

Ok so the Supporters trust determine season ticket prices now, ok i understand now ! 

dup

Edited by alfieconn

19 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Further to this many of us do not go to every game and that is true of season ticket holders too who sell them on to us.

Everyone wins so I don't know why they are moaning.

Moaning is pencilled in for September if there are no new faces.

14 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

You can also bore a horse to water.....who gives a toss what the supporters trust says?  They speak for themselves.  People vote with their feet Spurs fans want the club to try and compete with the likes of City who flagrantly flaunt FFP, which means we all have to pay increased prices.  Fans , whether it be for better or worse have to make the choice which 96% did because they want to try to go toe to toe with the sugar daddy clubs that are f*cking it up for everyone, using "sponsorship money" hahaha.....

Get it now?

19 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We don't take financial advice from council estate clubs. :partytime2:

Just to go back to this....so i make a point that United generate their own revenue and this is interpreted as me saying they are the "only" ones that generate their own revenue!!  (The point that was also trying to be made by me was that they can spend what vast sums they want because they generated the cash properly)

Seriously, why do you bother replying to this moronic rubbish.  He just makes it up as he goes along.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

You can also bore a horse to water.....who gives a toss what the supporters trust says?  They speak for themselves.  People vote with their feet Spurs fans want the club to try and compete with the likes of City who flagrantly flaunt FFP, which means we all have to pay increased prices.  Fans , whether it be for better or worse have to make the choice which 96% did because they want to try to go toe to toe with the sugar daddy clubs that are f*cking it up for everyone, using "sponsorship money" hahaha.....

Get it now?

"City who flagrantly flaunt FFP"

City were accussed of ffp offences, disagreed but decided not to appeal, were fined / player capped, were refunded an amount of the fine for compliance.  Heres a link below so you can get yourself up to date

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-ffp-refund-uefa-12928418

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm officially on my holidays till next week please leave a message.

You enjoy yourself and don't worry at all...Carmine/Alfie will be along soon to get upset explaining that mess. Boing! Boing! Boing! 

Seriously though, at times like this you've just got to love football. WBA barely win all season, paint themselves in to a corner and then take 7 out of 9 points against the 2nd to 4th teams to give themselves half a chance of getting out of the corner. Love it!

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Seriously though, at times like this you've just got to love football. WBA barely win all season, paint themselves in to a corner and then take 7 out of 9 points against the 2nd to 4th teams to give themselves half a chance of getting out of the corner. Love it!

Boing boing

If we miss Dembele in his absence this much then we should just give him the contract he wants!  

This needed a deep lying playmaker to try to dictate the pace of the game because the West Brom defense was too compact and well organized to succumb to our slowish build ups.  Admittedly they got lucky when Foster inadvertently saved with his head an attempt by Kane but generally they looked very controlled.  Our stats looked overwhelmingly in favor of us but that would be unfair to the Baggies. This was an example of much of our undoing this season and one for Pochettino to address over the summer.  

I still feel many of his substitutions come too late to make the impact required and last night was a prime example with Lucas Moura.  He immediately made inroads into the heart of the West From defense, raised the tempo we needed but it was too late in the game.  I also felt Son should have been on much earlier to replace Lamela.  I believe that Son and Lucas on for the full second half would have injected the pace and extra tempo needed to have gotten in behind their defense but keeping to the original game plan too long left too little time.  

It would be an astonishing tale if West Brom survived but fully deserved if they do.  

Edited by carmine

It would be an astonishing tale if West Brom survived but fully deserved if they do.

Swansea host Southampton on Tuesday if either of them win then 

WBA get relegated.

A draw would keep their hopes alive but Southampton have a better 

goal difference and Swansea's last game is at home to Stoke,

whereas WBA play away to Palace.

Still can't see them staying up even if they manage to beat Palace.

9 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Swansea host Southampton on Tuesday if either of them win then 

WBA get relegated.

A draw would keep their hopes alive but Southampton have a better 

goal difference and Swansea's last game is at home to Stoke,

whereas WBA play away to Palace.

Still can't see them staying up even if they manage to beat Palace.

Neither can i really but the guy thats taken over has done a great job so i wish them well.

I also felt Son should have been on much earlier to replace Lamela.

Lamela is one of the most frustrating players to watch in the team.

After 4 seasons at Spurs, i still don't see what he offers the team?

If he's not giving away silly fouls, he's running with the ball until dispossessed and falls over hoping for a free kick.

When he gets into a scoring position 9/10 he messes it up,

if he wasn't Poch's love child he wouldn't even get to start a game.

• Like 1

Just now, sotsira said:

Lamela is one of the most frustrating players to watch in the team.

After 4 seasons at Spurs, i still don't see what he offers the team?

If he's not giving away silly fouls, he's running with the ball until dispossessed and falls over hoping for a free kick.

When he gets into a scoring position 9/10 he messes it up,

if he wasn't Poch's love child he wouldn't even get to start a game.

I think thats a little harsh but you do have a point.  It does amuse me when i hear he's good in the press being hailed as his best attribute because that side of the game is a fundamental basic to any Pochettino side.

But, when you consider he's fighting for his starting place directly against the likes of Son and Lucas it begs the question as to what he really offers that they don't.  Quite how he merits a start over Son defies belief.  And he doesn't seem to have the dynamic impact that Lucas can bring to a game.  

Jack of all trades, master of none?