Tottenham Thread

chonabot

2 hours ago, carmine said:

With respect, he didn't exactly have a difficult subject to support.  And to make it clear, i really don't have a problem with the likes of City or PSG as clubs, my problem lies entirely with the owners.  It would be quite ridiculous to hold the club, as an institution responsible.  

Ok, now we're getting to the crux. So what exactly is your problem with the owners of City and PSG?

29 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ok, now we're getting to the crux. So what exactly is your problem with the owners of City and PSG?

<deleted> do you think i've been talking about these last two pages!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

<deleted> do you think i've been talking about these last two pages!!!!!!!!!!!

Your problem is with owners investment or them being arabs. I reckon if City's and PSGs owners weren't arabs but say americans you'd be happier.

City and PSG owners broke ffp rules once several years ago,  were penalised but you still have a problem with that. Unreasonable. 

[Ps. Thought you had me on ignore but you are responding directly. .strange]

Edited by Bredbury Blue

My stance on the money issue is I hope the game in the UK has more than the rest of Europe so I can see the best players week in week out.

Its not healthy however for one club to be vastly richer than the others.

Players wages are foooooookin ridiculous so let's cap that and reduce ticket prices....that's the move I want to see.

400 grand a week?

Football needs a huge reality check.

Playing games at 8pm on a Tuesday night when it could have been at 12pm on the Bank Holiday Monday also isn't helping supporters...who makes these stupid decisions??

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

My stance on the money issue is I hope the game in the UK has more than the rest of Europe so I can see the best players week in week out.

Players wages are foooooookin ridiculous so let's cap that and reduce ticket prices....that's the move I want to see.

400 grand a week?

Playing games at 8pm on a Tuesday night when it could have been at 12pm on the Bank Holiday Monday also isn't helping supporters...who makes these stupid decisions??

Globalisation takes precedent over local supporters. 

17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Your problem is with owners investment or them being arabs. I reckon if City's and PSGs owners weren't arabs but say americans you'd be happier.

City and PSG owners broke ffp rules once several years ago,  were penalised but you still have a problem with that. Unreasonable. 

[Ps. Thought you had me on ignore but you are responding directly. .strange]

No issue with the arabs just the way both PSG and Sheitty owners balance the books.

Listen let's talk plans and what ifs and do not pretend for a moment that the board at Spurs are not contemplating the same. Don't be silly these are some very shrewd business men.

OK so if harry kane has to be sold what price do you think he can yield?

On the back of a good WC year that could be 200m.

Dele Alli is safe his value has not increased but if he has a good WC year maybe he can be touted as a 100m player.

Eriksen- this guy dragged his country to the WC and his countries group is not that strong. Australia and Peru and France.  If Eriksen performs as expected that is 150m?

I doubt Alli will leave and a contract only means 1 thing at Spurs.  (Increased sale price) so if you had to accept 1 player from that trio had to move on. Who would it be and who would you like him to be replaced by?

Just now, Rc2702 said:

Listen let's talk plans and what ifs and do not pretend for a moment that the board at Spurs are not contemplating the same. Don't be silly these are some very shrewd business men.

Dele Alli is safe his value has not increased but if he has a good WC year maybe he can be touted as a 100m player.

Eriksen- this guy dragged his country to the WC and his countries group is not that strong. Australia and Peru and France.  If Eriksen performs as expected that is 150m?

I doubt Alli will leave and a contract only means 1 thing at Spurs.  (Increased sale price) so if you had to accept 1 player from that trio had to move on. Who would it be and who would you like him to be replaced by?

Can't really be bothered to read all that but if you are "yet again" posting that were going to pieces its already been noted, as it has for the past three seasons.  All our players are going ,Poch is off and the clubs going bust.

57 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

400 grand a week?

A salary cap like the NBA has might help but the agents would revolt. Does FIFA have the balls to put one up the agents ? I doubt it.

35 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm wondering what you are gonna do when the 200m quid offer comes in for Bobby.

Cos your chairman is going to rub his hands with glee.

Luckily we have a chairman who watches every game and actually supports the club.

12 minutes ago, jellydog said:

A salary cap like the NBA has might help but the agents would revolt. Does FIFA have the balls to put one up the agents ? I doubt it.

I know....the focus would then switch to lucrative sponsorship deals even more.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm wondering what you are gonna do when the 200m quid offer comes in for Bobby.

Cos your chairman is going to rub his hands with glee.

Luckily we have a chairman who watches every game and actually supports the club.

So you want to avoid the questions. Understood I know it is hard to imagine. Cast your mind back to 2013? Bale to Madrid.  85m. Not so hard now is it.

Bobby 200m, that is tempting though but I think the players development has blossomed so much under klopp that he will fancy at least 1 more year to see where this team can go. I'd say our progress this year has been a bit like Spurs 2 years ago but with a bit more conviction and a more experienced manager. A lot of envious eyes on us but these lads have only been singing this song since January so a year more together at least is well worth stocking around.

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I know....the focus would then switch to lucrative sponsorship deals even more.

Of course the rich clubs would be against a cap as well. It levels the playing field.

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

So you want to avoid the questions. Understood I know it is hard to imagine. Cast your mind back to 2013? Bale to Madrid.  85m. Not so hard now is it.

Bobby 200m, that is tempting though but I think the players development has blossomed so much under klopp that he will fancy at least 1 more year to see where this team can go. I'd say our progress this year has been a bit like Spurs 2 years ago but with a bit more conviction and a more experienced manager. A lot of envious eyes on us but these lads have only been singing this song since January so a year more together at least is well worth stocking around.

I'm not avoiding it...players move on to clubs like Barca or Madrid from Tottenham or Liverpool or even Man Utd....its a fact of life.

If we do lose anyone you can be sure it will be for a huge sum. Then the cycle of buying begins and hopefully not the next Lamela lol.

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm not avoiding it...players move on to clubs like Barca or Madrid from Tottenham or Liverpool or even Man Utd....its a fact of life.

If we do lose anyone you can be sure it will be for a huge sum. Then the cycle of buying begins and hopefully not the next Lamela lol.

OK so Eriksen or kane one of those two is off so which would you choose to let go if you had to?

13 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Whats the point?

Who would you rather lose Salh or Firminho?

This is the crux of it....we don't want to lose our best players....who would?

Bale was gutting to lose but after seeing him in his boyzone pink shorts in Madrid and the strike nonsense we were well rid.

Whats the point?

The point is this. Yh nice team does well but not well enough and if you want to get to a final or win anything you have had plenty of chances and failed. So to take the next step maybe just maybe you need a bale style sale but with a better return on the investment than you had when you wasted 70m and spent 11m very wisely. So the point stands as much as it clearly pains you to answer it. 

39 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Fickle fickle fickle comes to mind with you, it wasn't so long ago that you were moaning about Klippety, as for Spurs selling kane, you'd be better off worrying about Salah cos he'll be gone before Kane leaves Spurs.

To be fair i'd rather discuss this with a true Liverpool supporter rather than a brummie gloryhunter !

Edited by alfieconn

19 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

The point is this. Yh nice team does well but not well enough and if you want to get to a final or win anything you have had plenty of chances and failed. So to take the next step maybe just maybe you need a bale style sale but with a better return on the investment than you had when you wasted 70m and spent 11m very wisely. So the point stands as much as it clearly pains you to answer it. 

There is little pain in watching Tottenham these days....plenty of frustration granted.

Pain was being a season ticket holder for the Christian Gross era...that was frequent torture I can assure you.

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Fickle fickle fickle comes to mind with you, it wasn't so long ago that you were moaning about Klippety, as for Spurs selling kane, you'd be better off worrying about Salah cos he'll be gone before Kane leaves Spurs.

To be fair i'd rather discuss this with a true Liverpool supporter rather than a brummie gloryhunter !

Do one Carms. You troll

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Perhaps even more pertinent is how did he feel when Coutinho left?

I think he felt a need to prove he was better than the other so called star of the team and if he continues that will be true.

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Do one Carms. You troll

Is there a name for R2's delusional condition? :shock1:

As I have told him before they are two very different people.

Top geezers but carms needs to buy me more beer like. :post-4641-1156694572:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I think he felt a need to prove he was better than the other so called star of the team and if he continues that will be true.

Not what I meant but Coutinho must be kicking himself when he watches the final!