Russian tourist in fatal condo fall

Thaivisa News

Chiang Mai: A 28-year-old Russian man fell from the eighth floor of a condominium in Chiang Mai’s Muang district late Thursday night and was fatally injured, police said.

The tourist was identified as Alexi Mikhailov. He was pronounced dead at the Nakhon Ping Hospital.

He was staying at the Casa Condominium with his wife and his child in the room No 801 on the eighth floor from which he fell down. His wife told police that Mikhailov jumped down through the window.

Pol Col Wachira Kanchanawiphada, the chief of Chang Pueak police station, said his station was alerted at 0:30 am Friday that a foreigner jumped from a condominium on the Chiang Mai-Mae Rim Road in Tambon Chang Pueak.

Police and rescuers from the Siamraj Chiang Mai Foundation rushed to the scene. They found Mikhailov was still breathing weakly with blood seeping from his nose. The rescuers rushed him to the Nakhon Ping Hospital where he died.

His wife told police that her husband was suffering from serious depression. He has been prescribe antidepressant medicine and had to take it regularly. He always complained to the family that he was under tension and the wife had to calm him down often.

The wife said while she was on the bed and had not slept yet, her husband suddenly ran to the room’s window and jumped through it to the ground below.

Wachira said police would interrogate the wife again.

The wife told police that she wanted to retrieve the body and would fly home to hold a funeral rite in Russia.

His Russian wife was quoted as saying he was under stress due to personal and visa extension problems. RIP

"...visa extension problems."

There you have it. The Thai government is ultimately responsible for this tragedy.

sue the immigration department and the heath workers responsible for the medication Edited by koo wallety tourist

His Russian wife was quoted as saying he was under stress due to personal and visa extension problems. RIP

He would still need to show Bt400k in the bank to extend a marriage visa.

Marriage visa with a Russian wife????? Some new immigration policy?????

Hello. Hello. Hello.

• Like 2

Hello. Hello. Hello.

We don't know that.

I don't understand... The headline says Russian tourist yet people commenting here are mentioning visa problems? Did I miss something in the article because I didn't read that bit?

But when all is said and done is there a country anywhere else in the World that has such a high incidence of jumpers?

I don't understand... The headline says Russian tourist yet people commenting here are mentioning visa problems? Did I miss something in the article because I didn't read that bit?

But when all is said and done is there a country anywhere else in the World that has such a high incidence of jumpers?

What are the normal mechanisms for suicide in other countries?

Do you think the proliferation of high buildings and depressed foreigners is the issue?

I mean we've had a bloke hang himself in recent weeks, and another one slash his own throat.

Doesn't seem to me to be enough to establish any statistical pattern.

Chang Mai now competing with Pattaya ? Quite a increas in new members to the Balcony Jumping squad these days...

We now only waiting for Hua Hin and Bkk to also start their Clubs then we can soon have the finals.

I put my money on Pattaya's Flying Squad.....??

• Like 1

Hello. Hello. Hello.

Simple proof to show how well the OP is read before commenting!

28-year-old Russian tourist with Russian wife and kid.

I wouldn't want to go back to Putin's Russia where they murder the opposition

Of course he is going to have Tourist Visa extension problems, he doesn't qualify on any grounds.

No real money, No Thai wife, and Russia no future

But soft option to leave his kid with no father, and a distressed mother, no having to go back to Russia witout any means of support .