Koh Samet Hotels - Recommendations please

Swiss1960

Coming from Pattaya (holiday base), want to spend 2-3 nights on Koh Samet at End of March during the week, just to get some really lazy days. Don't know the island, thus looking for recommendations from you guys about hotels:

- "secluded", private beach; secluded / private meaning I would not want dozends of day-tourist speed boats to arrive and unload tourists on the beach as you find them on Koh Larn

- clean beach and water (yes, clean is a wide range word...), so hopefully not the beaches where you still find the oil from the huge accident in 2014

- quality 4* hotel and rooms, am not too price sensitive, should have decent restaurant, maybe pool / beach bar service during day time

One option off the island would be Rayong Resort, but have not been there for a while, not sure about their beach quality nowadays? So if you know other beach resorts (also off the island) with above minimum requirements (around Pattaya +1.5 hours that is), would also appreciate those recommendations.

Thanks for all tips

Moved to Eastern Forum

Ouch... started my topic in the Pattaya forum, as I found few other threads about Rayong and Koh Samet... mea culpa...

So, dear Mods, guess you could close my topic, there are others already running about Koh Samet, no need for mine then... will read what has already been posted.

Thanks to TobiasML for his suggestion, sounds interesting, despite the price