Prayut to attend disaster management in Japan

webfact

Prayut to attend disaster management in Japan Friday

3-10-2015-7-19-39-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha will be visiting Japan on Friday and Saturday to attend the 3rd World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction.

General Prayut said yesterday that he would relay Thailand’s experiences in dealing with the 2004 tsunami and flood disasters and also would re-assert Thailand’s commitment to supporting disaster risk reduction.

Emphasis will be made on preemptive collaboration between the state and civic sectors on disaster prevention, he said.

The World Conference in Sendai, Japan is expected to be attended by around 8,000 participants, with thousands more participating in events linked to the conference.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prayut-to-attend-disaster-management-in-japan-friday

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-03-11

Nice but the Thai shopping malls even can't keep the emergency doors clear from vendors, passenger boats don't have lifevests and are still being overloaded. Motorbikes still drive against traffic.

Is the Thai tsunami alarmsystem finally working now?

Nice but the Thai shopping malls even can't keep the emergency doors clear from vendors, passenger boats don't have lifevests and are still being overloaded. Motorbikes still drive against traffic.

Is the Thai tsunami alarmsystem finally working now?

Even when the doors are clear of vendors, they are often chained shut.

• Like 1

Two things make me laugh about the story: the first is Fukishima, and the Japanese did a bang-up job on managing that disaster; and the second is the floods in Thailand in 2011.

Makes the whole conference sound like The Meeting of Mediocre Minds.blink.png

I'm waiting to see the posts linking Prayut and disaster management............who is going to be first?coffee1.gif

As a Greek I assume you are a master of disasters of all kinds. It would be cheaper if he calls you for advice. And don't forget to tell him no calls at TV prime time on Fridays because you are busy.

• Like 1

Is it just me or everytime i see a pic of this guy i always think of that American spoof movie with those puppets...can i hell think of the name.

Team America World Police.

"I'm so ronrey"

lol thats the fella... General Prayut character would fit so well.
  • Like 1

And here we have another demonstration of the intellectual level of the anti-junta brigade. Not an intelligent comment in the lot.

I remember helping a volunteer group at Ayutthaya when the flooding hit. The organiser called to get transport for a whole load of donated food + water he had received. They told him to call back next week because they were all busy arranging the football match in Cambodia.

What a disgrace - both Pheu-Thai and those here criticising Prayuth for taking it seriously.

• Like 1