Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Top spec is also close to 2M baht in Oz.Are the specs different in the Oz model or is that mostly a tax difference?

Specs seem to differ. A noticeable one is Sat Nav if this article is to be believed.

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/ford-everest-to-start-from-55k-20150615-ghoor6.html

That, and also I think their PPV/SUV tax rates are much higher than here. In contrast, the Thai built civic is cheaper there than here.

Edited by DavisH

My last rental in the U.S. was a Mazda X9 back in July, that was a pretty dang nice ride.

The current CX-9 quite and old car with outdated (Ford) technology. It is also ridiculous expensive in Thailand.

I fear, that the new CX-9 will also be very expensive because of the import taxes.

The upcoming CX-7 is based on the CX-5. I assume, that Mazda will bring it to Thailand, because there is a for 7-seater, which are not based on pick-ups. Currently you can only get the Chevrolet Captive and the Nissan X-Trail.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Edited by juehoe

My last rental in the U.S. was a Mazda X9 back in July, that was a pretty dang nice ride.

The current CX-9 quite and old car with outdated (Ford) technology.

Be that as it may, it was a nice ride. The nicest rental I've had in a good long time.

On the other hand, the only thing that impressed me about the Mazda 5 (sedan) I had two weeks before the X9 was the VERY excessive road noise.

Another Aussie review here: http://www.carshowroom.com.au/reviews/2015-ford-everest-review-and-first-drive/

Secondly, in the 18-inch Trend and 20-inch Titanium-spec vehicles as tested, the Everest’s ride quality is remarkable. Supple yet controlled, the suspension just glides over most surfaces – even roads with crumbling edges and frequent potholes – for an impressively isolated cabin experience. We reckon the Ford’s refinement here will shame most monocoque-bodied SUV/crossover alternatives.

Edited by IMHO

And here's another: http://www.themotorreport.com.au/61992/2016-ford-everest-international-preview-drive

It's unlike any of the other ute-based seven-seaters that are currently on the market, and the premium the Everest carries over those cars is somewhat balanced by its superior refinement. Simply put, it's less obvious that this car shares its bones with a commercial utility.

Have just got back from BITEC ... the Everest looks way better than the others. Met our seller and he said, test drive very soon you should get it late this month ... um, I won't hold my breath.post-17329-0-07058700-1438591895_thumb.jpost-17329-0-42722500-1438591910_thumb.j

I also liked the new Mazda 3 2.0 Sports ... even has curtain air bags.

Ford AU really do beleive the Everest is a cut above the rest - the prices Aussies are going to have to pay to have an Everest in their driveway are incredible..

Ford some perspective:

A top spec MU-X retails for AUD $53,500

A top spec (previous gen) PJS retails for AUD $49,990

A top spec Trailblazer retails for AUD $51,490

.....and these all have higher spec levels than their Thai equivalents.

The top spec Everest goes for, wait for it.... AUD $76,990 - around 50% more than cars costing 1.4M Baht here.

Would you still buy an Everest if it cost 2.1M Baht? :)

Ford AU really do beleive the Everest is a cut above the rest - the prices Aussies are going to have to pay to have an Everest in their driveway are incredible..

Ford some perspective:

The top spec Everest goes for, wait for it.... AUD $76,990 - around 50% more than cars costing 1.4M Baht here.

Would you still buy an Everest if it cost 2.1M Baht? smile.png

How much is it going to cost next year ....

Will it be possible to get the GPS on your phone to show on the display ... or I might be back to my Garmin 3770 ....

Interesting to compare the top spec X-Trail to the Everest; both a new models to Thailand and sell for about the same. Alot of kit on both, I think they both come with Pano roofs

What looks more upmarket?

Edited by fish fingers

Interesting to compare the top spec X-Trail to the Everest; both a new models to Thailand and sell for about the same. Alot of kit on both, I think they both come with Pano roofs

What looks more upmarket?

Both also achieve the same sort of fuel consumption too BTW - but the Everest is almost a full ton heavier ..

Only one of them has useful 3rd row seats though, and the other one is really only suited to the urban jungle.

Is that a trick question? :P

Ford some perspective:

Would you still buy an Everest if it cost 2.1M Baht? smile.png

How much is it going to cost next year ....

Will it be possible to get the GPS on your phone to show on the display ... or I might be back to my Garmin 3770 ....

Again, who knows... somewhere between 100K and 200K more the top spec T+ would be my best guess though.

As for integrating GPS on your phone with the screen, that may be possible via AppLink - but according to what I can see, it doesn't yet support any GPS apps. Bear in mind that it's not just "sending video to the screen" - the SYNC2 system in the Everest has 3 screens, steering wheel controls and voice commands - AppLink is definitely the proper solution...

Edited by IMHO

^Park them next to each other and the upmarket one reveals itself immediately. biggrin.png

Really? I'm imagining what a Chelsea set or Cotwolds/Chipping Norton type would choose. My guess is the Nissan as its more understated with a very modern profile

2016-Ford-Everest-front-view-red-color-p

nissan-x-trail-008.jpg

Edited by fish fingers

^Park them next to each other and the upmarket one reveals itself immediately. biggrin.png

Really? I'm imagining what a Chelsea set or Cotwolds/Chipping Norton type would choose. My guess is the Nissan as its more understated with a very modern profile

nissan-x-trail-008.jpg

I have never been to the UK so don't know the people you speak of.

The only thing I can do is imagine which one of them would have more presence, and look least out of place in the front lobby carpark of a 5-star hotel - and that's the Ford :)

Def agree with you on the presence. But if each car was a street in Bangkok, which one would be soi cowboy?

Soi Cowboy = Don't know

Soi 33 "Dead Artists" or Soi Thaniya: anything Japanese, doesn't matter (Dare not show your American car)

Soi Nana = Old beater of any make

Soi upwardly mobile middle class Thai mooban: X-Trail.

Poseidon & pricey Ratchada massage places: used to be Tuna, now will be Everest. tongue.png

**allow me to clarify: after the board meeting, the CEO invites the board change clothes, and pile in the Everest and go out to evening entertainment. The Financial Controller, who attended the meeting, saunters down to the car park, gets in his nice X-Trail and drives carefully home to his wife and kids.

Edited by keemapoot

Def agree with you on the presence. But if each car was a street in Bangkok, which one would be soi cowboy?

Soi Cowboy = Don't know

Soi 33 "Dead Artists" or Soi Thaniya: anything Japanese, doesn't matter (Dare not show your American car)

Soi Nana = Old beater of any make

Soi upwardly mobile middle class Thai mooban: X-Trail.

Poseidon & pricey Ratchada massage places: used to be Tuna, now will be Everest. tongue.png

Trick Question!!

The Fortuner.

clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

nissan-x-trail-008.jpg

Don't be silly ... they wouldn't choose either

**allow me to clarify: after the board meeting, the CEO invites the board change clothes, and pile in the Everest and go out to evening entertainment. The Financial Controller, who attended the meeting, saunters down to the car park, gets in his nice X-Trail and drives carefully home to his wife and kids.

Simply the perfect summary

:D :D :D

I can see 6 of the old model Explorer on the roof of the Ford Dealership on Rama IV - They're exposed to the weather all day long, all month long and have been there for the last 3 months or so.

I'm assuming Ford have been unable to sell these models, I think its quite poor that Ford choose to 'store' these vehicles out in the open like this.

I wonder how much care they take of their other vehicles in storage / transport.

No wonder that most of the cars are going to Aussie Land if that is how much they can get for them ... yes here's hoping the Thai version has active noise control

Turn the music up. My Ranger is pretty quiet, I think. Not really sure, ALWAYS have music playing coffee1.gif