Over 2,000 public buses detected speeding during Songkran

webfact

During the period officials also inspected the working condition of a total of 85,484 public buses.

And who said that Thais work inefficient, if they are able to check eighty five thousand buses in just 6 days.

Awesome eh. Give 'em a big hand. klap . . . klap . . . klap. . . .

Wow, they just realised that public buses are speeding.........

Did they notice, by any chance, them driving on the right hand lane?

And what are they going to do about that for the rest of the year?

Nothing as usual?

At least they are on their side of the road. North of Mae Rim in Chiang Mai province, I see the Standard Tour buses passing two lanes of traffic over the double-yellow often, flashing their lights to oncoming traffic. Guess it is important to get those tourists to the elephant camps as fast as possible.

Edited by T_Dog

wow, what a show! gotta make it look good for the powers that be.

i guess they did not check the buses or drivers in Lad Phrao rd. most of the buses there are junk falling apart. look at the doors when you get on and they are wired or bungy corded open. those buses do not complete ther routes and have signs in the front window in red. drivers speed all the time and race each other. they only stop when they feel like it, just drive on buy the bus stop. you ring to get off and they stop when they feel like it.

BMTA buses stop runing at 9pm., after that is when the reall JUNK buses are running, who is going to inspect those buses in the night time as the inspectors are busy drinking after receiveing there brown bags.

as usual Thai. a dog and pony show that will mean nothing in the long road, just more brown bags.

Neeranam. Costas lives in Issan, so he has nothing better to do to fill his day.

Well we always can start a fundraising and send him back to Greece

and he can start paying back some euros to the European community laugh.png

Well, better sen him back by EMS, otherwise it could be too late cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Operators were also told to fix the problems of these buses which need minor repairs before they would be allowed to put in service, he said.

Besides, officials also found 176 drivers of these buses were not in the condition to drive safely and that operators were ordered to replace all these drivers immediately.

It's pretty obvious that Sisaket wasn't included. They wouldn't even find 25 excellent drivers. How do you replace drivers immediately? It took my wife only two years to find out that we've got a five gear box.

Come on, be fair here.....you should have told us, your car is an automatic. w00t.gif

almost 85500 buses inspected in the period

=10 buses every minute....

seriously....what crap

TRUE. but TIT.... I think with practice anyone could sign their name 10 times in one minute "proving" the inspection. LOL

Again TIT.

"During the period officials also inspected the working condition of a total of 85,484 public buses." And somewhere about 85000 were belching out as much pollution as the entire car, pick-up and motorcycle community put together...probably more! But there was no mention of pollution checks or controls being enforced.

seriously....what crap

TRUE. but TIT.... I think with practice anyone could sign their name 10 times in one minute "proving" the inspection. LOL

Again TIT.

Do you Thai knockers really think there was only one person doing the inspections ?

Could it not be that the the transport Dept had teams in every province as well as the police.

You lot really go to some ridiculous lengths to belittle this country.

Tell me how many of these busses were involved in the accidents, injuries and fatalities over Sonkran ? I didn't read of any but I did see Farang reported to have killed people in that time.

"During the period officials also inspected the working condition of a total of 85,484 public buses." And somewhere about 85000 were belching out as much pollution as the entire car, pick-up and motorcycle community put together...probably more! But there was no mention of pollution checks or controls being enforced.

Another who has to go to great lengths to knock Thailand, someone who dosent know that most busses run on gas which pollutes far less than either petrol or diesel vehicles.

And worked on a per person transported basis it is even less.

Edited by Robby nz

During the period officials also inspected the working condition of a total of 85,484 public buses.

And who said that Thais work inefficient, if they are able to check eighty five thousand buses in just 6 days.

Would it have been a pilot style ' walk around ' of his aircraft but without being quite that in-depth ?

Neeranam. Costas lives in Issan, so he has nothing better to do to fill his day.

You think ! I live in Isaan & can't find enough hours in the day to do what is needed & that I enjoy doing.

Cheers..... Mal.

Operators were also told to fix the problems of these buses which need minor repairs before they would be allowed to put in service, he said.

Besides, officials also found 176 drivers of these buses were not in the condition to drive safely and that operators were ordered to replace all these drivers immediately.

It's pretty obvious that Sisaket wasn't included. They wouldn't even find 25 excellent drivers. How do you replace drivers immediately? It took my wife only two years to find out that we've got a five gear box.

Bless you. Does she count the rice grains too? clap2.gif

I'm sorry to hear that they gave you such a shitty job. cheesy.gif

seriously....what crap

Again TIT.

Do you Thai knockers really think there was only one person doing the inspections ?

Could it not be that the the transport Dept had teams in every province as well as the police.

You lot really go to some ridiculous lengths to belittle this country.

Tell me how many of these busses were involved in the accidents, injuries and fatalities over Sonkran ? I didn't read of any but I did see Farang reported to have killed people in that time.

Pathetic argument in the last sentence.

They never mentioned how many of the busses had single wheels on the rear double axels. I have only seen 1 wheels on each side of the rear ax cel on most busses.

Axel is a man's name, eg Axel Foley in Beverly Hills Cop.

Almost all tri-axle ie double rear axle buses all over the world only have single wheels on their 3rd ie rear axle.

They are designed this way for several reasons

To spread the weight over more wheels when extra long or double deck, but don't need double dual tires.

Many are connected to the front steering to make tight corner easier and reduces these tires scuffing

Some are retractable to save tire wear when empty.

Can be easier to fit the rear engine and gearbox with single tires

post-133695-0-49703000-1429245776_thumb.

Edited by Gunna
  • Like 1