Shisha and illegal gun found at outdoor bar complex in Central Pattaya

webfact

Shisha and illegal gun found at outdoor bar complex in Central Pattaya

shisha-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Thursday Banglamung District Officers conducted a raid on an outdoor bar complex in Central Pattaya where it was reported that unlicensed Shisha was being sold to customers.

Officers stormed the location and detained the owner of the bar complex in Soi Sukhumvit 51, Khun Bualuang. A search of the area, including a storeroom took place where a total of 9kgs of Shisha was found along with smoking pipes.

A 9mm handgun with 100 bullets was also found and this discovery was handed over to Nongprue Police for further investigations.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/199278/shisha-and-illegal-gun-found-at-outdoor-bar-complex-in-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-06-05

Nice clear, unambiguous pointing right there.

There's the bong, there's the gun, yes we are pointing and clearly are guilty.

Good work police guy.

Another case closed in the city that never sleeps - (with anyone but hookers)clap2.gif

Good work police guy.

Another case closed in the city that never sleeps - (with anyone but hookers)clap2.gif

Um, that's a hookah, a device from the Mideast; a Bong is of Vietnamese origin, and is a tubular waterpipe commonly made from a mature bamboo stalk.

Good work police guy.

Um, that's a hookah, a device from the Mideast; a Bong is of Vietnamese origin, and is a tubular waterpipe commonly made from a mature bamboo stalk.

Yes and a pendant is like a normal person just that bit more annoying.

Shisha is illegal in Thailand? I've seen people smoke it in heaps of bars in plain sight.

Did you just come out of coma? Lol

It's always been illegal ;)

, but then so is prostitutuon

Yeah sorry I'm not familiar with every law in Thailand, glad you are though.

Shisha is illegal in Thailand? I've seen people smoke it in heaps of bars in plain sight.

It's always been illegal ;)

He isn't though!!

It's always been illegal wink.png

He isn't though!!

Well since you are, please be kind enough to point out for me which exact law makes shisha or prostitution legal as long as its regulated.

Waiting impatiently for your well informed answer

Weird, an expert on Thai in almost all aspects not familiar with every lawgiggle.gif

He isn't though!!

Well since you are, please be kind enough to point out for me which exact law makes shisha or prostitution legal as long as its regulated.

Google is your friend. There's lots of information about the regulation of prostitution. When I get home, I'll post some links for you.

Shisha I believe can be used if the premises is licensed for it.

Google is your friend. There's lots of information about the regulation of prostitution. When I get home, I'll post some links for you.

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

I suggest you take your own advice and follow on it.

You believe shisha can be used if the premises have licence? license for what? sell banned products?giggle.gif

NO need for apology, you welcome

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3071521.stm

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/752741-shisha-cafes-must-stop-selling-shisha-thai-officials-warn-of-crackdown/

http://www.thaivisa-express.com/shisha-thailand/

http://www.ilo.org/dyn/natlex/docs/WEBTEXT/46403/65063/E96THA01.htm

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

I suggest you take your own advice and follow on it.

You believe shisha can be used if the premises have licence? license for what? sell banned products?giggle.gif

NO need for apology, you welcome

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3071521.stm

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/752741-shisha-cafes-must-stop-selling-shisha-thai-officials-warn-of-crackdown/

http://www.thaivisa-express.com/shisha-thailand/

http://www.ilo.org/dyn/natlex/docs/WEBTEXT/46403/65063/E96THA01.htm

I have a feeling you haven't actually read all the links you've posted!

Yes I did.

The link you posted about prostitution is one I'm well aware of. It outlines in detail the ways prostitution is regulated in Thailand. I have a feeling you don't know what "regulated" means, otherwise you wouldn't be persisting with this silly argument.

As far as shisha is concerned, I'm less sure of my facts which is why I wrote "I believe..." None of the links you provided give confirmation of the law that specifically makes it "illegal". They are just links to discussions, a BBC news report and blogs referring to police notices and the such. The fact that its openly smoked in thousands of venues throughout Thailand suggests to me that there must be some regulations about its use and maybe some local regulations that permit some places to continue with its use. However, if someone can find a link to the legislation that makes shisha illegal in Thailand, I will gladly accept it.

Yes I did.

The link you posted about prostitution is one I'm well aware of. It outlines in detail the ways prostitution is regulated in Thailand. I have a feeling you don't know what "regulated" means, otherwise you wouldn't be persisting with this silly argument.

As far as shisha is concerned, I'm less sure of my facts which is why I wrote "I believe..." None of the links you provided give confirmation of the law that specifically makes it "illegal". They are just links to discussions, a BBC news report and blogs referring to police notices and the such. The fact that its openly smoked in thousands of venues throughout Thailand suggests to me that there must be some regulations about its use and maybe some local regulations that permit some places to continue with its use. However, if someone can find a link to the legislation that makes shisha illegal in Thailand, I will gladly accept it.

Yeah i suppose banned, does not mean illegal, it must mean something else.

And the reason why thai visa has a rule 17 is because prostitution is regulated

Not much further can be added, and thanks for the links, by the way, glad you up to date with what is legal, regulated and "tolerated" or "overlooked for a fee" thumbsup.gif

Yes I did.

Yeah i suppose banned, does not mean illegal, it must mean something else.

And the reason why thai visa has a rule 17 is because prostitution is regulated

Not much further can be added, and thanks for the links, by the way, glad you up to date with what is legal, regulated and "tolerated" or "overlooked for a fee" thumbsup.gif

You're persistent, I'll give you that.

Here's some reading for you:

http://www.sexwork.com/Thailand/legal.html

Maybe once you've read it you'll appreciate that blanket statements like prostitution is "banned" or "illegal" are rather silly and ill-informed. Prostitution is regulated in Thailand.

On Friday Night a letter was circulated amongst bar owners in Pattaya from the Banglamung District Licensing Unit which confirms an immediate ban on the sale and use of Shisha in entertainment venues.

The Letter, marked “Urgent”, was dated 29th May but was only distributed on Friday and stated that Banglamung District Officials will now be enforcing the ban on the sale and use of Shisha.

The letter states that any bar owner caught selling Shisha can receive a prison term of up to 5 years and/or a fine of up to 500,000 Baht and any bar owner deemed responsible for a death or other serious incident related to the sale and use of Shisha in their establishment can receive a prison term of up to 10 years and/or a fine of up to 1 Million Baht.

Read More:http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/199423/district-officials-confirm-ban-on-the-sale-and-use-of-shisha-in-pattaya/

If this comes true.....much appreciate.

Edited by Rimmer
Fair use