Teacher arrested for drunk driving after collision in Buri Ram [Video]

webfact

Teacher arrested for drunk driving after collision
The Nation

30264064-01_big.jpg

BURI RAM: -- A schoolteacher was arrested for drunk driving after allegedly crashing her Toyota Fortuner into a motorcycle in Buri Ram's Muang district on Monday night, an informed source reported yesterday. The motorcyclist was injured.

Muang Buri Ram police officer Pol Lieutenant Pongsakorn On-salhuay said the woman's alcohol level was 228 milligrams, exceeding the legal alcohol limit of 50 milligrams. The teacher is now facing four serious charges, including drunk driving and driving away from the scene.

A video clip of the incident, recorded by a rescue worker, showed the teacher allegedly attempting to escape arrest. It went viral on Thai social media.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Teacher-arrested-for-drunk-driving-after-collision-30264064.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-09

And the future of Thai youth and Thailand as a whole is in the hands of people like this?

I know thats a sweeping generalisation, but these so called "teachers" who must be cow-towed to make me so efffing angry.

Sorry minor rant over, back to my coffee.

I suspect a foreigner English teacher devil made her do this. You see, he/she corrected her grammar, made her lose a huge amount of face and drove her to drink alcohol. It is clear it is the foreigner teachers fault. Deport him/her, let the teacher join a temple for a week and all is good in the world.

Damn foreigners.

You will notice on the video that the Fortuner windows are heavily tinted...No law enforcement on window tinting even if the law exist.

Drunk and reduced vision from heavy tinting....

Now I understand why the locals only put ฿20 of petrol in the motorbikes. It's to save them from bursting into flames when being dragged along the road by a drunk drivers vehicle.

Somebody told me there was a Drag strip in Buriram. I now believe them!

Driving a Fortuner on a Teacher's salary?? That should raise some questions on it's own.

The school this teacher "works" at is local to me, the cars the teachers drive range from Toyota Altis right up to Merc C class, with Civics, Vigo and Pajero sport in between. All of them very recent models.

Easy access to very low interest loans.

Edited by BigBadGeordie

Driving a Fortuner on a Teacher's salary?? That should raise some questions on it's own.

Have you not heard about the scandalous government loans that they all get?

There is a teachers' bank set up by teachers for teachers. There is nothing scandalous about it and the government gain and lose nothing.

Basically it is set up like a cooperative. Some teachers invest and some borrow. The rates for investment are very good. That ensures that the bank stays in the black.

Anyone can invest in this enterprise. You need to be introduced by a teacher.

It is a no lose situation for investors. Loan payments are taken at source, from the teachers' salary. It is impossible to default. Therefore the bank runs smoothly and teachers have access to low interest loans.