'Gun did not belong to Kamronwit', police region 1 chief reveals

webfact

'Gun did not belong to Camronwit', police region 1 chief reveals
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- THE gun that got former Metropolitan Police chief Lt-General Camronwit Toopgrajank in trouble in Japan did not belong to Camronwit and officials were now checking on its registration status, Provincial Police Region 1 chief Lt-General Amnuay Nimmano revealed Monday.

Amnuay made this comment after Camronwit spoke to police yesterday for an hour and a half. Camronwit made no comment to reporters after he left.

Amnuay said Camronwit gave useful information about what happened but he could not reveal details, only that Camronwit had three guns but the one found in his bag at Narita Airport was not his.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Gun-did-not-belong-to-Camronwit-police-region-1-ch-30265317.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-27

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what?

It was still in his bag.

Why was he carrying a gun onto a plane is the real issue.

Oh and why isn't he rotting in a cell in Japan as anyone else stupid enough to take a gun onto a plane would be.

Edited by Bluespunk

So what?

It was still in his bag.

Why was he carrying a gun onto a plane is the real issue.

Oh and why isn't he rotting in a cell in Japan as anyone else stupid enough to take a gun onto a plane would be.

It shows that stupidity can be endless.... There are mentions everywhere stating you cannot bring guns onto an airplane, including images for those who cannot read.....

Every single passenger is asked the question - "Did you pack your bags yourself?" I wonder what he answered to that.

There are so many different stories coming out of this that we will never know the truth. TIT

Same as the koh tao murders where a lot of facts come out early then get washed over with completely unrealistic dribble. Cash & favours have been done & the whitewash show must go on, how people can live in thailand & stomach this I do not know :-/

Every single passenger is asked the question - "Did you pack your bags yourself?" I wonder what he answered to that.

Funnily enough, I haven't been asked that in ages. I thought they no longer bothered?

Funnily enough, I haven't been asked that in ages. I thought they no longer bothered?

Well that's pretty much true in Thailand.

Why? Mostly because the AOT and the airlines are in many ways ignorant of international travel laws and numerous other aviation standards and protocols. Just look at what's happening with the ongoing audits.

Further, why don' they ask at check-in, an/or at cabin bag check?

1. Too lazy.

2. Their English (where the passenger is not Thai) is not sufficient to say the sentence let alone continue a conversation with the passenger. .

I apologise if I have ever made a bad/nasty/unkind comment on any post you have ever made, my dear Major General Sir.

And in almost every drug inportation the deugs don't belong to the mule. But the mule still gets the obligatory 25 -50 year sentence.

It is disgusting. When is Thailand ever going to start prosecuting real ctiminals who just happen to be wealthy / connected exactly.

Sickening.

And in almost every drug inportation the deugs don't belong to the mule. But the mule still gets the obligatory 25 -50 year sentence.

It is disgusting. When is Thailand ever going to start prosecuting real ctiminals who just happen to be wealthy / connected exactly.

Sickening.

I'm wondering if he's a little less wealthy at present.

Same as the koh tao murders where a lot of facts come out early then get washed over with completely unrealistic dribble. Cash & favours have been done & the whitewash show must go on, how people can live in thailand & stomach this I do not know :-/

Do you really think that this fiasco has tens of thousands of expats up in arms over the legalities and handling of these things. Sure we rant and rave a bit, but by next morning we are on another episode of the Life in Thailand show. It's what makes living here amusing. We aren't all about to uproot because some silly senior copper made an ass of himself.

Basically I really could not care less what happens to the character.

I was under great stress in Japan.

I don't know why I said the things I said.

That gun is not mine.

I don't know who's gun it is.

I don't know who put it in my bag.

I need to pee.

Can I go to the bathroom?

I'm going to leave this envelope on the table here.

I'll be back in a few minutes.

So he was attempting to traffic/smuggle a firearm then ... isnt that worse than it simply being his ???

Hes lying but then again what do you expect, its a standard job requirement apparrently

Edited by englishoak

What a stupid excuse.
Hopefully this time the justice manages to show all citizens:
Weapons do not belong in the hand luggage of plane travelers.
Or is there again the exception for VIP´s, HiSo´s and high-ranking police,
same as with the freebies for alcohol controls?