Immigration / police visiting foreginers houses

Hi.

Just passing this one.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/244094099077138?view=permalink&id=535539259932619&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment

On the 10th August i went to Kap Choeng Immigration to renew my retirement visa.My documents were checked 3 times by different immmigration officers.I was asked to provide a map so immigration knew where i lived. Also asked many questions re the source of my income from Australia.I was told to report back in one month for approval of my visa.On the 13th August,my wife received a phone call from Immigration.She was told that they were coming to our house that night.She said that the time was inconvenient and asked them to arrange a time that suitewd us.The next day they arrived,unannounced at 3PM.They brought a laptop computer and a printer and demanded access to our house.We told them they copuld sit outside to conduct there interview,They were not impressed. We were asked to call the head of the local Pho Yai Baan to attend the interview and also another local resident to attest to my good character.My wife made the calls and they arrived soon after.My wife and i were asked to produce our Trabian Baans.(house books) and i was asked again to explain the source of my income.I showed them a letter from Veterans Affairs in Australia re my yearly income.And my veterans entitlement card and medals i had been awarded for service in Vietnam.Photos were taken of these documents and my medals.No reason was given.The two witnesses had to produce there ID cards and also attest to my good character.These immigration officers said to my wife that they had cancelled the visa of a number of farangs living in Surin for the following reasons. That they had assaulted there wives,not been residing at the address provided to Immigration and in once case,they said that as the farang was not looking after his Thai wife and not giving her money.

All of these expates were given 7 days to leave the country.

I was not asked by immigration whther i gave my wife money,although she did tell them she did receive a monthly allowance from me.

The interview took 2 hours

Immigration said to me and my wife that they were going to weed out,those farang that were not taking care of there wives .

At the completion of the interview,i was informed that i would have my visa extended for one year.

We were also told that a new Immigration Office would be opening in Surin for the purpose of 90 day reporting only.No time frame was given.

Also My wife asked them would they be coming to ouir house again,no reply.

I was a nervous wreck when they left!!!

Comment:

they're wrecking havoc aren't they. i had police walk into my house last week. they sat with my wife and asked all sorts of questions. they even spoke to our neighbours. when asked why, they said they checking on all farang households to ensure that we aren't troublemakers and didn't have any domestic violence issues. my wife laughed at them. they weren't impressed but we didn't give a damn. many other farang houses were also visited that week for the same matter.

Whats that about?

PS.

Admin if wrong subforum sorry and move it.

Whats it all about ? Exactly what you wrote, it seems they are having problems with local farangs for various reasons so increased due dilligence, they do have the right to do it and the extension was given

So it's like in this movie.

Preventing crime (wife bits up) before it happen isnt it.

Whats it all about ? Exactly what you wrote, it seems they are having problems with local farangs for various reasons so increased due dilligence, they do have the right to do it and the extension was given

So it's like in this movie.

Preventing crime (wife bits up) before it happen isnt it.

As some else pointed out the crack down on Ed visa's didnt come about because of the legit students, it came about because of others who abused the ed visa system, to me this case is similar, it only takes one to mess things up for everyone else

Had them in my house 2 times two different years, must be because I live close to immigration (5km) and they want easy targets.

I can understand them checking once to see if we really live together, but if that checks out why the next year again. Looks more like a power trip from these guys. If your documents are in order these checks are quite invasive wife had to take a day of just for this. There are better ways to spend a free day.

• Like 1

I know many Farangs from my country I would immediately kick out if I would be Thailand.

As well I would kick out many people from my country.

A lot human trash here and there.....You can't kick out your own bad citizen but you don't need to add others.

Just join tourist police then. I'm sure you'll have your chance of screaming and kicking trash.

Edited by paz

+1

Since it's an extension based on retirement, the wife / husband should be involved at all.

But, hey! TIT!

facepalm.gif

I can understand this type of scrutiny if you're on a marriage extension, but a retirement extension? What if you lived alone? You could be a single guy with a retirement extension, you know. Heck, I have a retirement extension and no one from Immigration has ever come around and asked me these questions. If they did, Hubby would probably tell them I don't give him enough money and that I beat him up from time-to-time, just to see their reaction. (He's on a retirement extension, also.)

It seems to me that OP has confused extension based on retirement, with extension based upon marriage. As NancyL has stated no house visits based upon extension for retirement.

If in fact the checks were based upon extension for retirement, due to reported cases of domestic abuse by foreigners, what's the problem, would you not want them to be identified and deported; ideally first doing prison time. As for threatening Immi officers with violence - LOL

they're wrecking havoc aren't they. i had police walk into my house last week. they sat with my wife and asked all sorts of questions. they even spoke to our neighbours. when asked why, they said they checking on all farang households to ensure that we aren't troublemakers and didn't have any domestic violence issues. my wife laughed at them. they weren't impressed but we didn't give a damn. many other farang houses were also visited that week for the same matter.

They wouldn't have got past my gate.

I would have shown them my domestic violence.

"They wouldn't have got past my gate."

Thanks for the laugh. Always enjoy hearing the farang bravado.

On the 10th August i went to Kap Choeng Immigration to renew my retirement visa.

That they had assaulted there wives,not been residing at the address provided to Immigration and in once case,they said that as the farang was not looking after his Thai wife and not giving her money.

As Soutpeel said above, obviously some bad actors are creating a problem for everyone ... but is this to do with applications for extensions of stay based on retirement or marriage or both? Usually the one month "under consideration" is for marriage extensions.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

It seems to me that OP has confused extension based on retirement, with extension based upon marriage. As NancyL has stated no house visits based upon extension for retirement.

If in fact the checks were based upon extension for retirement, due to reported cases of domestic abuse by foreigners, what's the problem, would you not want them to be identified and deported; ideally first doing prison time. As for threatening Immi officers with violence - LOL

Op is not confused at all and I wonder why you would say that? I have applied for an extension based on retirement.

I am also dealing with Kap Choeng office and am awaiting a home visitation from them. They have given me an under consideration stamp in my passport.

They also demanded my Thai bank books and copies of those bank books despite me supplying them with a statutory declaration confirming my income from my embassy.

They rang me to say they were coming out last Thursday. They then changed this to Friday and did not arrive. Girl friend rang them at 4pm to enquire what was going on.

Male officer said case has been transferred to another team and they would be out one day next week.

I was due to go away on a short break with friends. Now I cannot go as I am waiting for the home visit. Girl friend works so now has to wait until they arrive.

Totally inconvenient. At the very least they could give an indication of the day and time they will be arriving.

As OP said boss of village and another villager need to be present during the visitation. They also have to produce copies of their tabien bahns and id cards.

As I have mentioned before in another post the treatment we received at Kap Cheong office was very poor indeed.

Whether I get my extension or not we are now looking at other destinations in which to live.

Edited by tlcwaterfall
  • Like 2

Yes if one is here on retirement extensions, from a legal point of view, you don't have to give anyone any money even if it is your wife right? There is nothing in the retirement visa rules that says you must support somebody? What if you are separated (can happen right) but still live at the same address? I must assume the OP is talking about marriage extensions? And from a strict legal view ( I do not condone violence) domestic violence is something for the regular police (who couldn't care less, unless somebody dies and then it was the Burmese who did it) rather than the immigration?

Edited by AlQaholic

Yes if one is here on retirement extensions, from a legal point of view, you don't have to give anyone any money even if it is your wife right? There is nothing in the retirement visa rules that says you must support somebody? I must assume the OP is talking about marriage extensions? And from a strict legal view ( I do not condone violence) domestic violence is something for the regular police (who couldn't care less) rather than the immigration?

You need to go back and read a post I did earlier. It is for retirement.

Yes if one is here on retirement extensions, from a legal point of view, you don't have to give anyone any money even if it is your wife right? There is nothing in the retirement visa rules that says you must support somebody? I must assume the OP is talking about marriage extensions? And from a strict legal view ( I do not condone violence) domestic violence is something for the regular police (who couldn't care less) rather than the immigration?

Thanks I saw that post, question still remains about legality....

Thanks I saw that post, question still remains about legality....

Legality. cheesy.gif