Pattaya Cleaner scoops 12 Million Baht Thai Lottery Win

webfact

Pattaya Cleaner scoops 12 Million Baht Thai Lottery Win

lottery-21.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- A house cleaner, who wishes to remain anonymous, presented herself to Pattaya Police Station to ask for protection as she had just won 12 Million Baht on the Thai National Lottery.

The woman completed an official Police Report at 10pm on Tuesday and provided Police with the evidence of her win. Her initial concern was for her own safety after people found out about her life-changing Lottery win.

She revealed that her daughter had just purchased a new car and the cleaner decided to purchase Lottery Tickets

Full story http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/217460/pattaya-cleaner-scoops-12-million-baht-thai-lottery-win/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-09-03

It will be interesting to see where this woman is in 5 years from now.

She will have to become a hermit because every relative down to the 22nd removed cousin and anyone with a nose bleed or chest cold will be trying to contact her.

Everyone within 50 km of her poor village will be making a crusade to the great woman. She will be expected to solve everyones financial problems expecially loan shark debts.

Telling the cops was her first mistake. Now they know she's cash rich.

Leave Thailand.wai.gifwai.gif

Edited by jalansanitwong

Well good for her!

Although I didn't think getting the last 3 numbers yielded such sizeable win amounts.

That and being able to find tickets with the same numbers.

Many won't believe it but when I got my truck, the next week the reg numbers came in on the Thai lottery, but I thought I only missed out on a few thousand baht.

The Mrs had a good go at me as I pooh-pooh'ed her idea to get tickets.

If I won 12 million baht in the Thai lottery, the last place I would go is to a Thai Police station

When you have a big win you need to go to the police station and make a report that you are in possession of these tickets before going to the GLO or the Bank to claim your prize.

It will be interesting to see where this woman is in 5 years from now.

She will have to become a hermit because every relative down to the 22nd removed cousin and anyone with a nose bleed or chest cold will be trying to contact her.

Everyone within 50 km of her poor village will be making a crusade to the great woman. She will be expected to solve everyones financial problems expecially loan shark debts.

Depends on her own choices. I live in the dreaded Isaan where according to all ThaiVisa know-it-alls a Farang is always the walking ATM and robbed blind and beggars and relatives making beelines to meet, greet and borrow from him. And the poor sod is never asked if he likes it or not.

I, on the other hand, have observed some Thais here being very frugal, hard-working and sensible with their monies. Exceptions exist but they are not the norm. When it comes to relatives, I would like to point out that this being Thailand the most common reply you get from a Thai is: Up to him/her referring what and how they want to spend their money. Normally, I would say that a Thai and foreigner are not forced out of their wealth. Normally it is voluntary choice. A fool and his money are easily departed.

I also don't see the need to put down the BIB. They do sometimes okay work. I have had few issues in the past and in my experience they were doing their best. When an official police report or statement is signed and proven, the lady is more secure with her assets.

Hope she gets some proper financial advice from professionals.

If I won 12 million baht in the Thai lottery, the last place I would go is to a Thai Police station

When you have a big win you need to go to the police station and make a report that you are in possession of these tickets before going to the GLO or the Bank to claim your prize.

Not true, I wone 100,000 baht a few months ago, went straight to the Lottery Office and no questions asked, gave me half in cash and the other half in a cashiers check...........if it wasn't Friday, I could have had the whole lot sent directly to my bank account..........per advice of Thai Friends, I too a picture of the tickets from my cell phone - just in case the taxi Driver decided to get frisky - beause why else would a Fuhlung be going to th Lottery Ticket office?? To cash in a prize..............worked out for me.

Not true, I wone 100,000 baht a few months ago, went straight to the Lottery Office and no questions asked, gave me half in cash and the other half in a cashiers check...........if it wasn't Friday, I could have had the whole lot sent directly to my bank account..........per advice of Thai Friends, I too a picture of the tickets from my cell phone - just in case the taxi Driver decided to get frisky - beause why else would a Fuhlung be going to th Lottery Ticket office?? To cash in a prize..............worked out for me.

I meant big as in the jackpot numbers like this lady has correctly done.

Edited by LennyW

The lottery worked for me, first time i got 2 numbers and picked up 8000 baht.....very happy with that, accordingly 2 weeks later at the second attempt got 2 numbers again, another 8000 baht. Thinking 3rd time lucky never happened, been a steady roll downhill ever since, it was nice for a while as all the thais I showed wanted to know from me what the lucky numbers were going to be.....

Things are proper cold now though.

Well good for her!

Although I didn't think getting the last 3 numbers yielded such sizeable win amounts.

That and being able to find tickets with the same numbers.

Many won't believe it but when I got my truck, the next week the reg numbers came in on the Thai lottery, but I thought I only missed out on a few thousand baht.

The Mrs had a good go at me as I pooh-pooh'ed her idea to get tickets.

You didn't notice that the tickets had 6 numbers on them? The ticket with the same number was attached, not difficult to locate it.

You probably did only miss out on a few thousand, it takes all six number to get the big prize.

I also won in the Thai lottery twice. I wonder what would happen if a farang won the big 12 million baht prize ? I would hire a lawyer first and pay him 100k to make sure I am not screwed