Thai PM informs UN’s Ban Ki-moon of reform roadmap

Jonathan Fairfield

He had a "corridor" meeting with Xi/ "Corridor meeting" is a euphemism for passing someone in the hallway/

To be honest it is difficult to know whether to mock or pity this now absurd and unintentionally comical figure.The contrast between his puffed up pretensions at home and the ludicrous figure he cuts overseas could scarcely be more striking.Even the Chinese (who have good relations with every Thai government) can scarcely be bothered with him.The UN Secretary General in his polite gentlemanly way effectively bitch slaps him.And the wonderfully funny reference to the bilateral meeting with the President of Antigua/Barbuda neatly summarises his mission to NY. I particularly love the very necessary explanrion that Antigua/Barbuda is located where the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea meet.Still the good news is at least he wasn't photographed picking his nose this time.

What a contrast with the previous Prime Minister, democratically elected by the Thai people, who was universally welcomed overseas.

"...He thanked Thailand for its leadership in addressing the recent refugee crisis in Southeast Asia.."

Really? He can't possibly be serious. Thailand was dragged tooth and nail into, finally doing the "right thing" only partially after Indonesia and Malaysia paved the way FIRST. Ban has no idea what he's talking about unless the reporter got what Ban said wrong, but we won't know because there are no quotes.

"...Meanwhile, nearly 500 Thais living in the US gathered in front of the UN headquarters for a second day to express their support..."

...and no mention of how many against him.

I'm sure Mr Moon can sleep well tonight after hearing that rolleyes.gif

Mr Moon, as you put it, is one of the worst if not the worst boss that the UN has had.

Whatever he feels or not feels is of no interest, as the guy is just a muppet.

No decision skills, no assertiveness, no charisma,.....

But he is still better as Surakiat, the former Thai FM under Thaksin. Can you imagine if Surakiat would have been the SG of the UN. Their would be sanctions against Thailand and possible Prayuth would not be invited to the UN and possible send to the Hague with Abhisit and that clown monk from Surat Thani but I do agree with you BKM is the worse SG to the UN has seen.

and a bilateral meeting with Antigua and Barbuda President Gaston Browne.

now that's impressive.

wonder what they discussed?:

Pres. Browne: "I heard so much about Soi Cowboy, what is it really like giggle.gif ?"

PM: "It is full of Thainess. Your country is really small, much smaller than Thailand cheesy.gif !"

Pres. Browne: "I have to go wub.png ."

PM: "Come visit sometime and I adjust your attitude for free wai2.gif ."

I wonder why Mr. P. had to "INSIST that Thailand moved along the road map designed to strengthen Thai society"?

Thai newspapers have a natural love for certain words. 'Insist' is one, which they confuse with 'assert'. 'Vow' is another, which they invariably confuse with 'promise'.

Thais are not good at English. Thai is a relatively primitive language, and even its most proficient speakers are not quite used to subtle differences in the meanings of English words. It's not helped much by the 'native-speaking' copy-writers and proof-readers at the BPP and Nation, many of whom show all the signs of being semi-literate on occasion.

It's amusing to have a Thai explain the word for 'ear' and its colloquial use. Or the word for 'face' and and its colloquial use. Many others too I'm sure.

Edited by Joe Brennan

I'm sure Mr Moon can sleep well tonight after hearing that rolleyes.gif

Mr Moon, as you put it, is one of the worst if not the worst boss that the UN has had.

Whatever he feels or not feels is of no interest, as the guy is just a muppet.

No decision skills, no assertiveness, no charisma,.....

Just like the guy campaigning to replace him in January 2017.....Barry Soetero.

The premier explained to Ban the need to delay an election as the draft constitution had been rejected by the National Reform Council, he said.

so just brush off the 1997 constitution and have elections in 90 days.

I'm really losing my patience with this lying moron.

coffee1.gif

The premier explained to Ban the need to delay an election as the draft constitution had been rejected by the National Reform Council, he said.

so just brush off the 1997 constitution and have elections in 90 days.

I'm really losing my patience with this lying moron.

coffee1.gif

You are doing better than me. I have lost patience with him,the media,the police,everything that is in place.Just lies deceit and corruption. But thats what thias are used and can live with it. They get what they are used too.

"Meanwhile, nearly 500 Thais living in the US gathered in front of the UN headquarters..."

500??? From every picture I've seen in both Thai and U.S. news, their lucky if they had 50! Even then, they joined forces with a Chinese protest, who were dressed in yellow, to make it look like there were more of them than what there really was.

It's shameful at the disgusting, blatant lies of the Thai press.

and a bilateral meeting with Antigua and Barbuda President Gaston Browne.

now that's impressive.

wonder what they discussed?:

Pres. Browne: "I heard so much about Soi Cowboy, what is it really like giggle.gif ?"

PM: "It is full of Thainess. Your country is really small, much smaller than Thailand cheesy.gif !"

Pres. Browne: "I have to go wub.png ."

PM: "Come visit sometime and I adjust your attitude for free wai2.gif ."

I wonder if he left a paper copy of his roadmap to democracy with Half Moon.

What's the bet that when the PM comes home there will be an official statement that Ban and every national leader he met understood the road map, fully supported what the govt is trying to do and congratulated the PM for returning peace and stability to the nation.

Ha, ha,, precisely that. The reality is he was told to stop eroding democracy, return freedom of speech to the people and cease suppression but most of all get an elected government in power as quickly as possible.

Ban expresses concern over democracy.

Shame on him, has Prayut not already told him that the all-encompassing roadmap, “would strengthen Thailand, enabling the country to comply with its obligations as a UN member effectively”.

Clearly, Ban is not buying that, as he “emphasised the need for the government to uphold freedom of speech and assembly”.

Unable to do the usual dummy spit (as with the local media), Prayut blames the NRC’s rejection of the draft constitution as the reason for delaying the return to democracy in the country!

Ban, realising nothing is going to change, switches the subject and “expressed his condolences over the Erawan Shrine bombing”.

So, it’s the NRC’s fault then?

Ban emphasised the need for the government to uphold freedom of speech and assembly, according to a UN statement.

I could not find the soldier's answer. Probably he was speechless about that rude approach. And then also to remind him of democracy...........

What the hell this UN secretary has to tell him? He does not understand Thailand or Thainess