Nana.... A terrible place to live

theguyfromanotherforum

2 minutes ago, Agent Sumo said:

Not everyone is dominated by negativity like you.

Not everything is negative, I'm glad to be a single, white female (with a pension).

Which, if I were counting, adds to 3 more positives in my life than yours.

Edited by MissAndry

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, MissAndry said:

Not everything is negative, I'm glad to be a single, white female (with a pension).

Which, if I were counting, adds to 3 more positives in my life than yours.

Sorry but weren't you the odd little fellow who (in another thread) regarded his ability to produce a teaspoon of semen as one of his life's achievements?

Can white women do that, then?

Edited by Agent Sumo

I used to live just off Suk 38 down a little side soi past the street stalls. Only woman that was happy to see me was the big fat dog that  lives by the church. Often used to stop and have a chat with the old girl after a few beers. I used to struggle to get up more than the dog did some evenings.

Not a massage place in sight, just a pair of slobbering lips. 

No matron, stop it.

On 13/08/2016 at 0:03 AM, toesolipsolie said:

Terrible place to live? Not for me, I lived in the Omni towers for 2 years when I was working in BKK. I knew the motocy drivers, the dry cleaners, the fruit vendors, bar and restaurant owners and their expat following, I thought it was great and when I would walk home from the BTS every night after my long day I felt like I was in a David Lynch movie or at least my own version of Blade Runner as I made my way down the Soi to my spacious apartment high above it all.

But what I loved most and what I tell all those whom would ask me what I thought of it was this, ,....

It's the only place I ever lived where you could decide between pussy and pizza and you can get the pussy faster!

Peace out

A wonderful post.

I don't live in Nana, but I've definitely seen it in very cinematic ways too.

11 hours ago, cliffspab said:

A wonderful post.

Yeah, me too... The movie I had in mind all the time was "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" because there are always so many falangs on that soi whose grip on reality was already lost years ago, and would probably be arrested immediately if they returned to their home country. Then again, your avatar picture is of Hunter S. Thompson, so I guess reality is not a concept you're very familiar with.

I've been staying in hotels along Sukhumvit for 20+ years, not any actually in Nana, but spent a lot of time in the general area, and only infrequently have I felt badgered.

I do find the conduct of many old western men with very young Thai girls/women offensive, but it's not my thing so I just let it go.

Maybe it has something to do with the way you carry yourself?  Walk with purpose and confidence and perhaps you'll be bothered less frequently.  If you stroll, looking like you're window shopping for a suit, or a girl (as you're entitled to do without being badgered, of course), you may well be a target?

21 hours ago, cliffspab said:

A wonderful post.

9 hours ago, Thainess said:

Yeah, me too... The movie I had in mind all the time was "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" because there are always so many falangs on that soi whose grip on reality was already lost years ago, and would probably be arrested immediately if they returned to their home country. Then again, your avatar picture is of Hunter S. Thompson, so I guess reality is not a concept you're very familiar with.

Welcome to TV.com  cliffspab. Oh wait a minute,.. this isn't TV.com at all! You made it to Thaivenom or maybe Thaivitriol.com .So what happens here, is the Thainess's of the cyber world comment on your post in a vexacious, judgemental, mean spirited, and superior sort of way.

Old men arrested in their home country, slipping grip on reality,...Really??

Good thing his comments were in a cinematic way and I hope in the future, " His Thainess" will leave real commentary and op/ed writing for somebody who has a talent for it. Just my opinion, I dont mean it personally but it probably will be taken as such.

The Thainess avatar picture is blank and empty, correct? So by his truly accurate method of equating the mental state of a fellow and new TV forum member, I'm inclined to say that his observations and dribble about you personally are as blank and empty as the non picture in the avatar.

Just saying,...

12 minutes ago, toesolipsolie said:

Welcome to TV.com  cliffspab. Oh wait a minute,.. this isn't TV.com at all! You made it to Thaivenom or maybe Thaivitriol.com .So what happens here, is the Thainess's of the cyber world comment on your post in a vexacious, judgemental, mean spirited, and superior sort of way.

Old men arrested in their home country, slipping grip on reality,...Really??

Good thing his comments were in a cinematic way and I hope in the future, " His Thainess" will leave real commentary and op/ed writing for somebody who has a talent for it. Just my opinion, I dont mean it personally but it probably will be taken as such.

The Thainess avatar picture is blank and empty, correct? So by his truly accurate method of equating the mental state of a fellow and new TV forum member, I'm inclined to say that his observations and dribble about you personally are as blank and empty as the non picture in the avatar.

Just saying,...

I've lurked here a long time, and know the kind of responses even the most innocuous (and positive, I thought) posts can elicit.

Cheers for proving that not everyone here is as bitter as his Thainess may lead one to believe.

On 12/18/2015 at 1:45 PM, smokie36 said:

I nip along every once in a while to remind myself how much better areas are around.

It's fun for a couple of hours.

It's worth nipping into once every three months to remind yourself just how horrible it is. When you've recovered 3 months later, try it again - just to reinforce your opinion.

It's certainly an alternative to the crowd on Soi 55. Wouldn't really mind the change to be honest. As others pointed out, the place is somewhat surreal and I wouldn't mind driving down the soi - actually prefer walking - every morning/night for a while. 

Some good entertainment on the road but the lack of a proper condo like Quattro by Sansiri or anything like that, would make it impossible for me to live there. 

Not holding my nose up high, but I could never stay in Omni Tower from the pictures I have seen. OId german style wood furniture, everything looks like its 20y old. Sorry not for me. Would depress me. If there was a brand spanking new building, id check it out in a heartbeat. 

Only in my 30's, so I can't really live in a place that looks like my grandma's home with a mattress that has more DNA than any sperm bank in Bangkok. 

Edited by JerryinTH

I was in Bumrungrad recently for a minor procedure.  I was in the recovery room with my bed right against the window. As I was coming round I was looking out  at the view. I wasn't entirely sure what direction I was facing at first (still a bit groggy)  but I  noticed one soi that from, where I was, looked quite attractive. It was wide and fairly green and I could see it led to some sort of park.  I wondered what it was, then I saw the sign  for the Nana Hotel and realized  I was looking straight down soi 4 from top to bottom.  

It must once have been quite a pretty soi and with the park opening down the bottom I suspect the end of the soi will be transformed over the next few years.

I agree the Omni is a dump, a friend of mine lived in there 8/9 years ago and it was a pit then goodness knows what it is like now. There are a couple of decent condos on soi 2  and  that links to the lower part of soi 4 so one would still  be able to get to the park.     

Edited by wordchild

On 12/18/2015 at 10:18 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

What did you expect? You live 15km from Nana and you didn't know it was sex tourist central? Hmm, maybe more to this than meets the eye!

i agree , he strike me as a holier  than thou sinner . he got his and moved to the burbs , question i would like to know is what bar was she working at  ?you had to revisit after all this time ? she get fat ? hahaha haha haha 

• 2 weeks later...
On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 10:01 AM, wordchild said:

I was in Bumrungrad recently for a minor procedure.  I was in the recovery room with my bed right against the window. As I was coming round I was looking out  at the view. I wasn't entirely sure what direction I was facing at first (still a bit groggy)  but I  noticed one soi that from, where I was, looked quite attractive. It was wide and fairly green and I could see it led to some sort of park.  I wondered what it was, then I saw the sign  for the Nana Hotel and realized  I was looking straight down soi 4 from top to bottom.  

It must once have been quite a pretty soi and with the park opening down the bottom I suspect the end of the soi will be transformed over the next few years.

I agree the Omni is a dump, a friend of mine lived in there 8/9 years ago and it was a pit then goodness knows what it is like now. There are a couple of decent condos on soi 2  and  that links to the lower part of soi 4 so one would still  be able to get to the park.     

It's not a park ... it's tobacco heaven