TOT DSL Jomtien weirdness

Jingthing

Mid morning to Lunch time I have all sorts of problems on internet. The last time I had similar problems I was working in China.... exactly the same glitches / lock ups / getting thrown out of sites / only able to read headlines but going to the article never came up, especially on BBC site also other news network sites including Thai Visa. Over the last couple of months it has become worse here. Big brother is dicking around I think somewhere.

In the evenings like now as I type I have no problems ? which is when I would expect heavy internet traffic. Maybe the 'spys' only work during the day? and go home to eat Somtam....or the night shift do as all night shifts do here - Sleep.

Glad some one else posted this because i thought it was just me and paranoia setting in .......again....... remember who is charge here they may come knocking at the door.

Same Soi Wat Boon, watched the Chase and then when I tried to re-connect could get anything.

Went out but the GF rang me around 5.30 PM and said all OK.

If I could get shot of TOT I would but it's all we're allowed here.

Working now.

Edited by lou62

This could be due to TOT nameserver crashing. You can add a second or third

nameserver to your PCs net configuration. I believe google has a free nameserver

with this IP Address: 8.8.8.8

For instructions how to do that, please use google, as every OS is different.

It should be worth a try ...

luudee

Edited by luudee

I thought my TOT problem was just me also. Last couple weeks it goes out anywhere from 10 minutes to hours. Just now got on line again after 1 hour off. I even took it into Pattaya2u yesterday and they kept for a couple hours but couldn't find a problem. Also they did not charge me. Is it just TOT or are other servers having same problems?

Not sure if this is related, but i am having the same issue with 3BB in Jomtien, internet on and off even though my laptop always shows connected.

I ran the diagnostics and it said the issue is with some one locally using a router with the wrong country code set on the router, googled the problem and the answer was, knock on neighbours doors and find out who is using a router from another country!!