Thai Aviation Dept issues instruction for 'child angel' carrying on planes

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way the "doll craze" caught on after some actors stated that they brought them "Good Luck" seems normal for Thailand. An actor or official making a stupid statement like this is bound to cause a following of really dumb believers in good luck omens..

I was at a cafe in Siam and seen 2 girls about 22 or 23 years old with a barbie doll. They were putting the doll in different poses on the table and taking selfies of themselves with the toy. Asked the missus what it was all about and she said they wanted to be like hiso's. I couldn't believe it. The immaturity of it all. If the is how hiso's behave then Thailand will never get better. If this is what the average Joe has to look up to. facepalm.gif

Pack it the luggage and stow it as such! Why are they making some rediculous special rules for people that are so immature as to carry a life size doll and call it their child? It is a toy. Maybe Thailand should institute a minimum IQ for people to be allowed to fly.

Stupidity has reached new heights in Thailand.

They did that and have now decided the dolls are allowed to take their humans as baggage only.

Waiting for someone to abuse someone else with a doll. Doll owner shoots abuser and says the doll made me do it. 500 Baht fine….for the doll.

Or….defamation lawsuit brought by a doll.

You know, that probably isn't too far away.

"Your doll looked at my doll with intent" scenario.

Unbelievable.

Still, would love to see it..............................wink.png

This is the most stupidest thing I've ever heard of. These people with the doll craze need to stay home. It's getting to be a bit too much. I saw a teen talking with one of these at KFC. Don't they realize how ridiculous they look? What if someone mistaken it for a real child and put their lives in danger to save it only to find it to be a stupid <deleted> doll?

Who would put their life at risk to save someone else's child?

I find this whole saga rather depressing. Having lived in Thailand 35 years and now seeing grown people discuss in government board room meetings about whether a plastic toy is a passenger or baggage on an airline; it makes me realize I will never understand this country and whether the past 35 years have all been futile?

This is the most stupidest thing I've ever heard of. These people with the doll craze need to stay home. It's getting to be a bit too much. I saw a teen talking with one of these at KFC. Don't they realize how ridiculous they look? What if someone mistaken it for a real child and put their lives in danger to save it only to find it to be a stupid <deleted> doll?

Who would put their life at risk to save someone else's child?
I would.

Sent from my iris708 using Tapatalk

I find this whole saga rather depressing. Having lived in Thailand 35 years and now seeing grown people discuss in government board room meetings about whether a plastic toy is a passenger or baggage on an airline; it makes me realize I will never understand this country and whether the past 35 years have all been futile?

It's like going back in time 500 years or more. We modern people would not understand ancient tribes people. The only reason we *think* we can understand Thais is because they do a pretty good job of dressing up and pretending to be modern humans.

Absurd as it is surely it's relatively harmless. If a person is stupid enough and rich enough to afford another seat for his childish toy so be it. After all some airlines make morbidly obese passengers pay for two seats or upgrade to where there is more seat room, and airlines do make provision for passengers carrying such things as cellos which they do not want to go into the hold. http://nowiknow.com/how-to-fly-with-a-cello/

Waiting for someone to abuse someone else with a doll. Doll owner shoots abuser and says the doll made me do it. 500 Baht fine….for the doll.

Or….defamation lawsuit brought by a doll.

You know, that probably isn't too far away.

"Your doll looked at my doll with intent" scenario.

Unbelievable.

Still, would love to see it..............................wink.png

You know I wasn't joking when I wrote that.

Absurd as it is surely it's relatively harmless. If a person is stupid enough and rich enough to afford another seat for his childish toy so be it. After all some airlines make morbidly obese passengers pay for two seats or upgrade to where there is more seat room, and airlines do make provision for passengers carrying such things as cellos which they do not want to go into the hold. http://nowiknow.com/how-to-fly-with-a-cello/

I think you will find that the issue is not with purchasing additional seats perse. Rather, the issue is one of safety and not allowing large inanimate objects to be free to injure people in the event of turbulence or air emergency.

If you don't allow luggage to be placed on seats, why would you allow few dolls?