Thailand Post - problems sending to U.K.?

dlm5star

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I join the forum just to reply to this. I posted 2 items (important documents) to UK on Feb 1 and they're both been saying outward oe since Feb 2 til now. Thai post call centre saids it's the UK side. I'm incredibly frustrated. If anyone posted around that period having their items starting to arrive, please let me know.

Nope. Nothing arrived yet from that period for me.

Going only on the pattern of how the majority of my packages have been arriving this year. I'd say they'll arrive tomorrow or Monday.

Again, this is based only on the delivery pattern I've seen since January 4th.

IMO the majority of mail is seemingly being built up at the airport and is being sent out every 2nd Weekend.

Not a chance I believe the problem is in the U.K.

If I'm wrong come Monday, I'll be giving up completely.

I've spent the first 6 weeks of the new year getting stressed out and annoyed (not to mention losing a lot of money) at something I can do absolutely nothing about. Wouldn't be so bad if the Thai postoffice acknowledged the problems or at least found out a legitimate answer...but obviously That's not going to happen.

Edited by dlm5star

Thanks dlm5star

Your tracking for early Feb items still at departure outward oe as well?

I'm wondering if it doesn't even being tracked as arrived in UK, less likely it'd arrive Monday? I hope within Feb tho.

Damn frustrating! This never happened before to me too! Usually 10 days max!

I join the forum just to reply to this. I posted 2 items (important documents) to UK on Feb 1 and they're both been saying outward oe since Feb 2 til now. Thai post call centre saids it's the UK side. I'm incredibly frustrated. If anyone posted around that period having their items starting to arrive, please let me know.

Going only on the pattern of how the majority of my packages have been arriving this year. I'd say they'll arrive tomorrow or Monday.

IMO the majority of mail is seemingly being built up at the airport and is being sent out every 2nd Weekend.

I've spent the first 6 weeks of the new year getting stressed out and annoyed (not to mention losing a lot of money) at something I can do absolutely nothing about. Wouldn't be so bad if the Thai postoffice acknowledged the problems or at least found out a legitimate answer...but obviously That's not going to happen.

In all honesty, it's such a jumble, it has Thai written all over it. My guess is the stuff simply backed up in Swampy. No way I think it is UK Post. Like you it's just been refund after refund and all sorts of accusations. Had enough. Fell on my sword. What an end after 12 years.

I posted a handful if items to the US a month ago, still showing 'departure from outward whatever' on tracking, no updates for weeks, just nothing. Usually 2/3 weeks and everything arrives, going into week 5 now. So I guess it's not the UK end, something definitely up with Thai Post.

I posted a handful if items to the US a month ago, still showing 'departure from outward whatever ' on tracking, no updates for weeks, just nothing. Usually 2/3 weeks and everything arrives, going into week 5 now. So I guess it's not the UK end, something definitely up with Thai Post.

Take your papers back to the Thai post that you used and have them check in the back if it was returned ,

we have had a couple things returned from whoever checks outbound post , that it was packed wrong , or could not read address,

It was returned to the local Post Office and just sat there , no letter / post card from the local Thai Post saying it was returned ,

I think more things are getting checked OUTBOUND that were not before and that is one of the problems , ( litium batteries)

We sell on Ebay too and the tracking on Thai Post is so bad the customers are not happy ,

we also take cell phone picks of the package , post office receipt etc to send the customers

Anyone know a big Thai company and what problems they are having ?

stuff from China arrives in the USA in 7-10 with free shipping included...

My 20th January USA post just arrived in Country 30 days to get there!

January 20, 2016
13:37:23 NONG HIN Accept

January 20, 2016
13:58:30 NONG HIN Items Into Container

January 20, 2016
13:58:39 NONG HIN Dispatch

January 20, 2016
19:42:53 UDON THANI MAIL CENTER Items Into Container

January 20, 2016
19:42:59 UDON THANI MAIL CENTER Dispatch

January 21, 2016
13:20:38 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received

January 21, 2016
13:59:41 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE

February 19, 2016
05:23:00 United States of America (USJFKA) Accept

Edited by br12stol

In all honesty, it's such a jumble, it has Thai written all over it. My guess is the stuff simply backed up in Swampy. No way I think it is UK Post. Like you it's just been refund after refund and all sorts of accusations. Had enough. Fell on my sword. What an end after 12 years.

I Know how you feel, very stressful and Ebay are so unforgiving. Can you just leave the Account dormant until things get better

January 20, 2016

January 20, 2016

January 20, 2016

January 20, 2016

January 20, 2016

January 21, 2016

January 21, 2016

February 19, 2016

I have a few of these where the British PO have accepted packages a month after they "left" Thailand. The delays suggest a backlog at the receiving country's end and not here, or they do in the case of my packages. I wonder if any Thais are up in arms about these delays and problems on Thai websites? it can't be just "us".

I also wonder whether, for whatever reason to do with the way Thai Post does its business with other countries, inbound packages from Thailand are being positively discriminated against and deliberately delayed in the receiving countries?

tracking still says outward bla bla today and i think it will stay so until weekdays.

i already did the email thing with thai post and they're supposed to be chasing after the mails for me but that process can take 7 working days according to call centre. this is just brilliant.

i still secretly hope it will turn up before the end of feb...

im suffering the same issues. since 2016 uk deliveries have been taking over a month and some not ever being delivered.

compared to quick delivery in the past of 2 weeks max.

As a result of this i suspended all ebay and amazon sales to the UK. I contacted Royal Mail via Twitter to get some answered and they said no known issues. so much money lost and negative customer feedback.

I think it may have something to do with the parcels being of Thai origin, they are being selected for "special"

scrutiny because of the reputation for drugs, if you see any of these "border control" programs its always "parcel from thailand" thats being highlighted as dodgy or illegal etc etc.

was talking to someone [high up] in Thai Mail only last week, asking more or less the same thing...

Some packages get to UK in 4 days others take 3 weeks...

He said mail to UK is 3x a week direct, other days the mail is sent via another Country or 3 so takes much longer..

January sent via EMS so could track........ big long list of where is went, times in times out etc... took 3 days just to reach the BKK Airport, so it show depart Thailand to China, depart 2 days later from China to Amsterdam, depart Amsterdam to UK, Depart Airport to clearing office, to sorting office to depart destination City, to signed for at Company 24 days after sending from Thailand..

Just wanted to see/check for myself how fast EMS was........ normally send packages by Recorded Air Mail to UK., see no reason to spend over 1,000 baht more for EMS [at least it proved my point and could then armed with proof ask at the Thai Mail Office.

On a different route received a letter this past Saturday from UK, was posted Air Mail on the 14th January ! [? a postman with wings on a bicycle ? ] total 37 days by Air Mail !!

Since December I have noticed that it is taking 2-3 weeks to send air mail envelopes to the USA....before this took 7-10 days at the most. Every month my accumulated mail is sent to me in Thailand by airmail and this takes only 6-7 days. Very frustrating

I also have to join in - I posted three things to the UK by registered post on 19, 21 and 25 January. Checking the tracking numbers, all three are showing as delivered to the UK a couple of days after I had posted them, and then....they just seem to be sitting somewhere.

Last year they were taking a maximum of 10 days to arrive, so something has definitely changed.

Im confused, have they been delivered or not ?

If you don't mean delivered but "arrived" in the UK a couple of days after posting then it sounds to me like customs have them.

I'm happy to let you languish in pedantic confusion as you don't seem to have anything useful to add.

The irony ! lol

Dim5star did your packages arrive today as you predicted ?

Dim5star did your packages arrive today as you predicted ?

Nope, Nothing yet.

Suppose it's still before midday over there though.

Anyone else had any news on their registered stuff from February?

Yeah, still early i guess, its so hard to see a pattern forming...

My hope is theres a bunch of Thais in the same position and they're doing a better job than us at complaining, talking to the right people and fixing the problem !

I posted on pantip.com re this issue and an official Thai post admin contacted me asking for tracking no. I also sent them this website to see lots of ppl experiencing this annoying delays.

Still haven't heard back from them and tracking still say outward oe. I don't think my packages will be delivered today :-( hope better luck for u guys

To which enail address should we send ? Thank you.

I have phoned Thailand post and have been told to send a form with the tracking number/address etc via email to them which they can then check what has happened.
I am going to do this now as i remember years ago doing thia at the post office and magically within 2-3 days the item showed up with parcelforce

There is a specific form that has to be completed, a copy of the original postal receipt attached to it,recipient details , parcsl content and value, and sent to Bangkok by your local dispatching Post Office who stamp your paperwork.

Thats the procedure I have encountered, others may vary (TIT).

IF declared lost, theres about 6 sets of paperwork to sign at your local office and a refund is made.

Whole process from sending paperwork to receipt of refund about 8 weeks.

January 20, 2016

January 20, 2016

January 20, 2016

January 20, 2016

January 20, 2016

January 21, 2016

January 21, 2016

February 19, 2016

I have a few of these where the British PO have accepted packages a month after they "left" Thailand. The delays suggest a backlog at the receiving country's end and not here, or they do in the case of my packages. I wonder if any Thais are up in arms about these delays and problems on Thai websites? it can't be just "us".

I also wonder whether, for whatever reason to do with the way Thai Post does its business with other countries, inbound packages from Thailand are being positively discriminated against and deliberately delayed in the receiving countries?

I expect the mail is put on flight on a if we have room basis, the mail that doesn't make the flight is stored then the next shipment comes in and are put in front of it and so on and so on eventually there's a slack day and it gets loaded.

My last 2 packages to the USA ended up arriving in New York customs , not West Coast USA like before ,

This adds days on the USA side too , but gives you an idea that something has changed and if the USA "bag of packages" is getting kicked around many airports and is only sent as "space available" that adds days too ,

Registered mail only shows accepted at BKK airport and then finally accepted at USA customs ,

so with registered mail you have no idea where it has been or where it is stuck at on the way to the USA. :(

I do not see this getting better , whoever won the contract for the Airmail part of shipping probably bid lower because it was "space available" and not priority for the airlines , and this company might have the contract for years.....I hope NOT

Yes Stuff from 16th Feb Delivered in Record Breaking time, but thats been happening all along, one day super quick , next day 6 weeks...don't hold your Breath

February 16, 2016
13:28:16 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received

February 16, 2016
15:06:03 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE

February 19, 2016
10:51:00 Great Britain (GBLALA) Accept

February 19, 2016
15:56:00 Great Britain (GBLALA) Accept

February 20, 2016
18:00-21:00 Great Britain (S 40) Delivery Status Successful

Edited by br12stol