Briton sells $115 bottles of air to China

webfact

The smell of success? $115 bottles of British air sold to Chinese buyers
By Sheena McKenzie, CNN

(CNN)An idea dreamed up out of thin air appears to be earning one businessman some serious money.

British entrepreneur Leo De Watts, 27, has made thousands of dollars selling bottles of British country air to Chinese buyers, but the price alone -- £80 ($115) per bottle -- could knock the wind out of many customers.

De Watts says the 580 ml (about 20 oz) glass jars have been flying out the door, many headed for pollution-plagued Chinese cities such as Beijing and Shanghai.

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/02/08/world/fresh-air-britain-china-bottles/index.html

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2016-02-09

Watch the Kids (but actually for adults) cartoon called 'The Lorax' and this is exactly how the world is with some gazillionaire selling bottles of fresh air. The idea is from Hollywood and not unique. This guy has watched the cartoon and has acted upon it.

Didn't some Canadian guys do this recently? The Chinese market for foreign bottled air must be saturated by now. By the way, it must take a certain amount of stupidity to shell out US$115 for a bottle of nothing. Even if it's just a gag gift, c'mon man.

Didn't some Canadian guys do this recently? The Chinese market for foreign bottled air must be saturated by now. By the way, it must take a certain amount of stupidity to shell out US$115 for a bottle of nothing. Even if it's just a gag gift, c'mon man.

Yes, the guy bottled fresh mountain air, free of all pollution. Not polluted air from England.

What scares me is that these people are reproducing.

I tried once to sell one of my farts to Chanel. that business idea backfired... should've tried the Chinese...

Nope, go back and speak to them. According to my WIfe, it all makes sense, she thinks Chanel bottled them.

bottom of article

Aethaer follows in the footsteps of the Canadian company Vitality Air, which recently started selling canisters of fresh air from the Rocky Mountains to Chinese buyers.

Though at between $14 and $20 per canister, Canadian air seemingly costs a fraction of British breeze.

But Canada's got much more of it ;)