Chiang Mai Local's Opinions of Chinese Tourists Published in Research Paper

webfact

For those that do not know.....You do not tip in China...so no surprise they don't tip when they are holiday.

The first meal I had in China I walked out of the place and left a very small amount of change as I only had large notes left in my wallet.

One of the waiters ran after me in the street to give it back....and he insisted I took it.

I have not been to Japan - but it is considered rude to tip.... service is supposed to be good and expected.

This is the same in Norway. My son tried to get rid of his change as he was on the way to Iceland, but the taxi-driver kept refusing. He said it is an insult to offer tips in that country.

I do not understand the Chinese Tourist in Las Vegas leave big tips are big spenders and buy Real Rolex's.

I guess it is the type that visit the country

When I was Pit Boss we wanted all the Chinese Tourist we could get and Vegs still seeks them out

Edited by HenryB

I do not understand the Chinese Tourist in Las Vegas leave big tips are big spenders and buy Real Rolex's.

I guess it is the type that visit the country

When I was Pit Boss we wanted all the Chinese Tourist we could get and Vegs still seeks them out

Many of the ones who come here are on either Zero cost or low cost tours. The Chinese who can't afford to go to Vegas visit Macau. I'm from Vegas and didn't like gambling at all in Macau. This was some 8 years ago or so....completely different.