Ford Fiesta Sport

Where are you? I can recommend a dealershipnin Bangkok and the service guy speaks english

Our Ecoboost is a year old ...has the latest gearbox software and we haven't had any problems ...you have bought PPP I hope.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JAS21, we're in Phuket. There's no problem with communication as we speak Thai thanks. There will be nothing to pay either, apart from a rental while the repair is being done. My point is that this clutch/transmission problem is never ending and even if there had been a recall they would have just replaced the parts with more problem parts hence my warning to anyone buying a Ford Fiesta.

I"m happy that you've not had any problems as yet, to be fair our problems didn't start until our second year laugh.png , so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

You have, of course, checked that the earth strap from the battery is contacting bare metal and not paint where it attaches to the body and that the connection is tight?

Do you mean a loose battery terminal? Yikes! I hope not. We already read about that on the Everest thread..ermm.gif

885230-09413c38-997a-11e5-ae4a-149ca2fe2

JaseTheBass, yes, I checked that last time and had a guy see to it for me .

Today we get a call just before lunch to say that now it has something leaking and needs an "O" ring that they don't have that will have to come from Bangkok so the car won't be ready this week it will be sometime next week. When we asked why this was not spotted yesterday they said that the computer had lead to the clutch problem but that the "O" ring was missed as the car hadn't been up on the ramp blink.png .Wouldn't you think that they would have these parts here in Phuket - why does everything have to be stored in Bangkok?

Since starting this post another call has just come in saying that something else is cracked and will cause the car to overheat so needs replacing at a cost of 5.000B facepalm.gif

We pointed out yesterday that the rubber seals on the back windows are coming off - yet another thing on the list of things dropping off this car laugh.png .

Sounds like it's a Friday car...I have to admit that I sort of wish that I had paid a bit more and bought something better ... just bought atep-daughter a new car in the belief that I wouldn't be troubled with phone calls ...it even has a 5-year warranty on the big bits.

Trouble is ... it will be me who has to take it to the garage ......

Edited by JAS21

JaseTheBass, yes, I checked that last time and had a guy see to it for me .

Today we get a call just before lunch to say that now it has something leaking and needs an "O" ring that they don't have that will have to come from Bangkok so the car won't be ready this week it will be sometime next week. When we asked why this was not spotted yesterday they said that the computer had lead to the clutch problem but that the "O" ring was missed as the car hadn't been up on the ramp blink.png .Wouldn't you think that they would have these parts here in Phuket - why does everything have to be stored in Bangkok?

Since starting this post another call has just come in saying that something else is cracked and will cause the car to overheat so needs replacing at a cost of 5.000B facepalm.gif

We pointed out yesterday that the rubber seals on the back windows are coming off - yet another thing on the list of things dropping off this car laugh.png .

Got to agree with JAS. Maybe get it patched up and pass it on?

Hurray, today is the day we get the car back biggrin.png

Not so fast! Just got a call to say that they have now taken the car off the ramp and been for a test drive.

The original problem that it went in for "the clutch" can not be adjusted after all laugh.png

'We think it will need a new clutch"

So the car has been in Ford Phuket since last Thursday and only now a week later they know it will need a new clutch. cheesy.gif

So now we have to wait for someone to OK this and then it will be ordered from Bangkok and God knows when it will be ready bah.gif .

This will be the 4th clutch in 5 years , before long I"ll be on here again saying it's now the 7th clutch laugh.png

To any of you who are wondering why I don't just get rid of it, it's because I can't sell it unless it's for peanuts!

I would rather that it costs Ford every couple of months 30 - 50 thousand plus labor and they get as sick of this as I do - in the end they will have to admit that they sold a car with a faulty design and all replacement parts are faulty too, this is something they are reluctant to do anywhere.

I"m following other law suits in the US and Australia to see what happens there. God help them when the first case is lost as it will open the flood gates. wai.gif

Today the car was supposed to be ready but late afternoon they turn up at our house with a replacement car as ours is not ready yet :facepalm:

When we asked why after 4 days it was still not ready they finally admitted ( after I lost my temper) that the mechanic didn't turn up on Saturday so it's behind schedule."But it will still take 4 days to sort out as we are trying to fix it , but if not will replace the clutch" - same story we were given last Wednesday but still not fixed or with new clutch :blink:

I"m beginning to think I'm on one of those game shows where they wind you up to see your reaction. I wonder if I drive this replacement car through their front window if it will be the reaction they're expecting :lol:.

And Ford wonder why they have disappointing earnings :cheesy:

Finally got the car back last night. A new clutch has been fitted and the car came back with an extra 145k on the clock :blink: is that normal mileage to test a car?

Once again it's driving perfectly, not a sound as it goes through the gears, no juddering or grinding.

I hope I"m not back on this forum with more tales from Ford but I"m not holding my breath!

On 8/6/2016 at 11:17 AM, Goldieinkathu said:

Finally got the car back last night. A new clutch has been fitted and the car came back with an extra 145k on the clock :blink: is that normal mileage to test a car?

Once again it's driving perfectly, not a sound as it goes through the gears, no juddering or grinding.

I hope I"m not back on this forum with more tales from Ford but I"m not holding my breath!

As long as it is 145km in stead of 145k I would not worry too much :)

^^^^ , :lol: Sorry, my bad - but that wouldn't have surprised me , every time it goes in to Ford there's something else :facepalm: I see today that some of the nut covers from the wheels have not been put back and there are several scratches where they've been leaning over into the engine, if it's not one thing it's another!

4 hours ago, Goldieinkathu said:

^^^^ , :lol: Sorry, my bad - but that wouldn't have surprised me , every time it goes in to Ford there's something else :facepalm: I see today that some of the nut covers from the wheels have not been put back and there are several scratches where they've been leaning over into the engine, if it's not one thing it's another!

Well, at least they are consistent...:facepalm:

:lol: That's true fullcave. Having read the thread Farma guided me to I think we'll pay a visit to Consumer Protection and deposit all our info on their desk. We've developed quiet a file :giggle:. Might as well start a complaint before the next clutch is needed.

I see Ford in he US are recalling a model that has problems with the door hinges, I forget which it was but it seems to be one problem after another - things are not looking good for them.

• 6 months later...

Just to update.

We submitted all our paperwork to the Consumer Protection team in October last year. They have constantly called Ford to arrange a meeting and Ford have ignored all requests.

Just earlier this month they ( CP) contacted us again to see if Ford had called us as they had just been told they had , we told them "no they haven't" and that was the last we heard :laugh:

I laugh as what else can you do? It seems that Ford couldn't care less about Consumer Protection or are dragging their heels until we drop the case.

:bah: