Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Comment from my mate who went to the basle match last night..

Eto not the man up front and mourinho needs to change things quickly!!

Were it Wenger, Moyes, Rafa or any number of other managers, they would be getting a boatload of grief at the state of Chelsea's strike force and the decisions involving Mata and Lukaku. Mourinho gets a pass from the withering criticism the others would receive...at least for the moment. But if things continue to look shaky the press will turn on him with a vengeance.Posted Image
I agree,been a Chelsea fan for 40 years, use to be a Stamford bridge regular in my teens..not much joy back then, so appreciate where the club is now,but I wasn't pleased with Mou coming back..he needed to come back so that we can all get over him..

Dislike Rafa but appreciate that he was treated badly, but he shouldn't have taken the job...

shouldn't have taken the job? he got another european trophy on his CV and got the napoli job on the back of it. i'd say he came out of it alright really.

Not saying he didn't do well and it re- established him as a top manager, but it was all too ugly...for the first time I felt that this isn't the club I love..not all his fault..but we all know the history..after the Middlesbrough game..things changed..but he wanted the job full time, never acceptable.

Not saying he didn't do well and it re- established him as a top manager, but it was all too ugly...for the first time I felt that this isn't the club I love..not all his fault..but we all know the history..after the Middlesbrough game..things changed..but he wanted the job full time, never acceptable.

don't think any of it was his fault to be honest mate, he was just a bloke doing a job. that a certain percentage of chelsea fans behaved like total morons wasn't his doing. the club was to blame too for that ridiculous 'interim manager' title.

• Like 1

don't think ba has become a bad striker overnight. if chelsea made chances he'd still stick a fair percentage of them away. but then they'd make more chances with mata in the side.

mourinho basically wants his drogba back doesn't he. which makes the loaning out of lukaku all the weirder.

don't think ba has become a bad striker overnight. if chelsea made chances he'd still stick a fair percentage of them away. but then they'd make more chances with mata in the side.

mourinho basically wants his drogba back doesn't he. which makes the loaning out of lukaku all the weirder.

Probably making these bizarre decisions so that if they somehow pay off he can bestow the title of "true footballing genius" on himself.

Put bluntly, its absolutely absurd not having those two playing.

• Like 1

Probably making these bizarre decisions so that if they somehow pay off he can bestow the title of "true footballing genius" on himself.

yeah i think there's a big element of that. i do not need chelsea's player of the year and chief assist-maker, for i am mourinho.

they should still have too much for most teams in the division but it could be that his arrogance will prevent them from challenging for the title. which would be funny. though i doubt comrade abramovich would see it that way.

• Like 1

Exactly Carmine. You took the words out of my mouth. He has to do it his "special" way or it won't be good enough. God forbid he would win with the same players (or fail) that Rafa had. The extent of his ego is harming his ability as a manager. Same thing in evidence at Real Madrid despite some of the successes he had there.

• Like 1

Yep he appears determined to throw it all away.

I'm liking this new Mourinho! biggrin.png

He can't really fail to get a top four with his current squad but he could very well fail to meet Abramovich's expectations.

I would also have thought his players were cringing at being referred to as little eggs in need of a mum or however Mourinho worded it. Bloke must have been on something to come out with such tripe!

• Like 2

Exactly Carmine. You took the words out of my mouth. He has to do it his "special" way or it won't be good enough. God forbid he would win with the same players (or fail) that Rafa had. The extent of his ego is harming his ability as a manager. Same thing in evidence at Real Madrid despite some of the successes he had there.

i can't think of any other manager who would drop iker casillas to make a point about who is the boss. that's not really what you call great man-management skills is it?

i can't think of any other manager who would drop iker casillas to make a point about who is the boss. that's not really what you call great man-management skills is it?

This is one of the main reasons i did not want him at united, he is a egotistical self centered <deleted>, With Moyes you know what you are getting he will quietly go about his business and get on with his job, is he going to be successful we will have to wait and see about that.

• Like 1

My personal belief is that Chelsea have matured as a big club, with big players.Not to the same level as a utd, or a Liverpool but can now be regarded as one of the bigger clubs globally. Mou just can't impose himself in the same way as he could before..

Probably not well explained but the glove doesn't fit like it did in 2004.

My personal belief is that Chelsea have matured as a big club, with big players.Not to the same level as a utd, or a Liverpool but can now be regarded as one of the bigger clubs globally. Mou just can't impose himself in the same way as he could before..

I understand your point. He's no longer such a big fish in a little pond. Plus, he has some weird negative baggage now he didn't have back then.

With Moyes you know what you are getting he will quietly go about his business and get on with his job, is he going to be successful we will have to wait and see about that.

What's your criteria for measuring whether or not he is successful nev? Achieving the same as SAF did over say the last 5 years? Or 50%? Or 25%

I understand your point. He's no longer such a big fish in a little pond. Plus, he has some weird negative baggage now he didn't have back then.

Putting Mata and Lukaku aside for a moment, Mourinho's made some interesting comments regarding Eto and the toll of playing in a league that provided huge wages but little motivation. Can he get Eto back to something approaching his best form? Quite possibly imv.

He's also learning to work with Torres and clearly thinks he can improve him too. Quite possibly too. Chelseas midfield working with form strikers is going to destroy teams, and quality teams at that.

I still think its nothing more than a couple of iffy performances and the only cause for concern is if his ego really has taken over pragmatic thinking.

Theres a lot of talk after four games. Whats the christmas discussion likely to hold!!!!

• Like 2

Hmmmmmmm. Weeeellllll. My take on it is..... He doesn't want to use the same squad as last year because we weren't as successful as Mourinho wants them to be, so he is trying different formations with limited success IMO. It's no good just doing what Rafa or whoever else went before did, is it?

I certainly not going to give Mourinho abuse for the loses as who would of thought that with Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Eto'o, Schurrle and the rest there would be no creative spark. Weird! We seem to be having too many players having an off day(s).

Personally, I would drop Hazard, start with Mata as the focus, use Torres in Europe, Eto'o or Ba in the league, KDB was a shining light in preseason so he should play - probably in Hazards place - and put Luiz in midfield.

The Lukaku debate is an odd one, but, wow, did he frustrate me against Bayern!

I said a while ago that we needed a poacher and I still believe that, we don't seem to have a problem attacking and getting to the final third, it just at that point we become so slllllloooooooooooooooooowwwwww.

My team

Cech

Azpi, Ivan, Terry, Cole

Lamp, Luiz

KDB, Mata, Oscar.

Eto'o

The mid 3 could be swapped around or be given roaming roles.

I didn't see the game last night so I can't comment but,reading many of the newspaper reports,it seems like there was no cutting edge up front and no creativity in midfield. By that, I mean doing the unexpected instead of doing the bleeding obvious all the time.

My own thoughts on our start to the season are that Ryan Bertrand must have been abducted by aliens.As far as I can tell,he isn't injured so what's the problem with him,Mourinho? If he isn't a better left full back than that snail Ashley Cole,I'll go to work.

Up to now,Cole has slithered up and down the left flank leaving a gooey trail behind him. I'm positive he's the reason in Hazard's apparent loss of form. When your in Hazard's wide left position and you've got three players bearing down on you,you need options. Well, it isn't Cole because he too busy gasping for breath on the edge of his own penalty area. And it isn't Mata,as it was last season,because Mourinho has decided he wants to turn him into another Damien Duff,sticking him out wide. Well,for one thing,he'll never be as quick as Duff was,even if they stuck a rocket up his jacksy,and another is that he can't beat a man. His forte is seeing a pass where others don't. His best position is definitely in central midfield,forming little triangles with Oscar and Hazard,and feeding balls in behind the defence. But there's a problem,because that is also Willian,Oscar and,for that matter,Lampard, preferred positon. Lampard is no more a defensive midfielder than I am.

By all accounts,Ramires,with his surging runs from deep,was badly missed last night while Van Ginkel did well operating in front of the defence. Ramires would be the first name down on my teamsheet.

Putting Mata and Lukaku aside for a moment, Mourinho's made some interesting comments regarding Eto and the toll of playing in a league that provided huge wages but little motivation. Can he get Eto back to something approaching his best form? Quite possibly imv.

He's also learning to work with Torres and clearly thinks he can improve him too. Quite possibly too. Chelseas midfield working with form strikers is going to destroy teams, and quality teams at that.

I still think its nothing more than a couple of iffy performances and the only cause for concern is if his ego really has taken over pragmatic thinking.

Theres a lot of talk after four games. Whats the christmas discussion likely to hold!!!!

Certainly there's a better chance of improvement than falling off a cliff. But we can hope !biggrin.png

• Like 1

Agreed but it is almost like this was so predictable with all the preseason stuff about Mata, luiz..it's as if his ego has got in the way....my way, not rafa's way..

Anyway could be back in the Europa league..after what he has said he would have to resign, think it is time he shut up for awhile..

Agreed but it is almost like this was so predictable with all the preseason stuff about Mata, luiz..it's as if his ego has got in the way....my way, not rafa's way..

Anyway could be back in the Europa league..after what he has said he would have to resign, think it is time he shut up for awhile..

I think we all wish he'd shut up for a while

Mourinho does the same amount of interviews as any other manager, it's just the press print every bit of it.

Its more about his demeanor and the things he comes out with. Bloke does himself little favors.

Would you expect a Spurs fan to be endeared to him for the gloating manner shown over the Willian gazump? Simply unnecessary. But i'm delighted you got him nonetheless Mjj!!!biggrin.png

With Moyes you know what you are getting he will quietly go about his business and get on with his job, is he going to be successful we will have to wait and see about that.

What's your criteria for measuring whether or not he is successful nev? Achieving the same as SAF did over say the last 5 years? Or 50%? Or 25%

Hard to put a % on it, but i would take 50% of fergie's success.

Only time will tell, what is your idea of succeess with your new manager?

Mourinho does the same amount of interviews as any other manager, it's just the press print every bit of it.

Its more about his demeanor and the things he comes out with. Bloke does himself little favors.

Would you expect a Spurs fan to be endeared to him for the gloating manner shown over the Willian gazump? Simply unnecessary. But i'm delighted you got him nonetheless Mjj!!!Posted Image

Plus it's not as novel as it was previously..I use to watch his interviews now I don't..the press will get on his back if he doesn't deliver the headlines they have been expecting.

Still he is the one who made Chelsea into winners..for that he deserves to be worshipped by some.

Would you expect a Spurs fan to be endeared to him for the gloating manner shown over the Willian gazump? Simply unnecessary. But i'm delighted you got him nonetheless Mjj!!!biggrin.png

If I was Alfie, I'd bookmark that.

You say gloating, others might say humourous. Did you expect him to apologise?

I think there is a bit too much prejudice with Mourinho from some posters, no matter what he says, he is arrogant or gloating. Last night for example he took the responsibility for the 2 loses, no excuses, but I'm sure that will be construed as a negative on his character.

His label as 'The Special One' is media made, he said he is 'a special one' and no doubt he is after winning the CL with Porto.

Edited by mjj

I think there is a bit too much prejudice with Mourinho from some posters, no matter what he says, he is arrogant or gloating. Last night for example he took the responsibility for the 2 loses, no excuses, but I'm sure that will be construed as a negative on his character.

His label as 'The Special One' is media made, he said he is 'a special one' and no doubt he is after winning the CL with Porto.

Oh thats fine, its your opinion but don't expect others to like him because he's entirely dislikable.

Please bookmark my point that i'd rather have ended up with Erikson having been gazumped on Willian. Willian's a mercenary lacking in the ambition to ever become a world class player whereas Eriksen has the hunger written all over him.

Would you expect a Spurs fan to be endeared to him for the gloating manner shown over the Willian gazump? Simply unnecessary. But i'm delighted you got him nonetheless Mjj!!!Posted Image

Oh thats fine, its your opinion but don't expect others to like him because he's entirely dislikable.

Please bookmark my point that i'd rather have ended up with Erikson having been gazumped on Willian. Willian's a mercenary lacking in the ambition to ever become a world class player whereas Eriksen has the hunger written all over him.

I don't think Mou is dislikeable at all.Just over exposed, he has a great deal of charm and humour to counter the arrogance.

Hard to put a % on it, but i would take 50% of fergie's success.

Only time will tell, what is your idea of succeess with your new manager?

Well we didn't win naff last year, so anything this year is a success. But one thing he has to do is progress past the group stages in the champs league