Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

6 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Funny, I thought that they did back Conte and sold Costa. Don'e believe all the baseless speculation in the media.

Yes, and unlike last season when his family were in Italy, they are now settled in Surrey and his daughter goes to school there. It doesn't sound like someone who's engineering his own sacking. The press won't leave him alone.

• Like 1

A very disappointing, insipid, lethargic display by the team. The back three were undone by the pace of Zaha and our midfield, especially in the first half, couldn't cope with the movement and pace of their midfield. There it is, that word again...pace.  For all his invention, we can't afford to have Fabregas getting bypassed for 90 minutes. He needs half an hour on the ball. How we missed Kante! He gives us momentum, energy and pace all over the pitch. Bakayoko was a disappointment on the day. I was looking for him to impose himself on the midfield but it didn't happen. It doesn't help his cause when you're playing alongside a player who is so woefully out of form, Willian. Quite different from his displays for Brazil. I have my suspicions that he's looking for a transfer. Alonso is a talented footballer but his lack of pace means he can't attack the opposing full back when closed down. Hazard was very quiet on the day for him. I'm not sure if he's 100% fit as his scything runs were missing yesterday. Batshuiyi had his chance to shine but was static and did nothing. The one positive was Zappacosta who showed pace and directness when he came on. 

The turning point in the game was their second goal just before half time. It gave them the confidence and tenacity to hold on to that lead into the second half.

Cant really add to most of what has already been said. Hoped yesterday would be a one -off performance, but it wasn,t much difference to the leggy lethargic negative display put in against City. Hazard was way off and never really provided Alonso with an out in that 1st half.   Wilian....toilet.   Dave ...one of his worst games (and he knows it) lucky Zaha never punished us further for that half hearted challenge of his.  Batshuayi did he really get any service and ball that he could do something with...had Zappacosta and Musonda (nice try by him)+( must start against Watford) been his suppliers he Might have fared better. Me ...i have to have Rudiger starting on a regular basis and Christensen has proved he can do it. Yep we missed Kante big time ...but i am pinning my hopes for the future (dare i say it..on Drinkwater) cos Bakayoko early days i know but looks like he cant play 2 games within 4 days ... imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

No Morata and no Kante. Especially no Kante. Two winners rings in a row for a reason. A huge loss given the lack of pacey industry from Fabregas and Willian.

Although Kante is a huge loss at any time  ,we had cover   to fill his absence,  but not The Rat  , Luiz  should  have taken his place

as for Morata , ,Bat Kitkat was given another chance, and came up as usual    with sweet ? ?,   O/G  posted he had no service,,what bloody rubbish,  he had a free header in the first half from a corner and fluffed it, (The Gov would have nailed it.) O/G these days , is  as blind as Old Gus Hiddink:smile:

anyway defending our E.P.L  title is in tatters, C/L  place at best  is my call ,which i  incidently forecasted at the beginning of the season,and nominated Man/City to win it, so far on track,and Bat Kitkat at 40 Mil t/f  fee placed on his head by Blue Muton he must share the Fat Jolly,s with Carmsie  and Company ,must be good stuff:smile: Missing The Gov good arvo to all

I watched the game and Man of the Match has to be Roy Hodgson. He is in his comfort zone and all the team played well. Townsend and Zaha were brilliant.

Conte seemed very subdued on the bench and there are rumours floating around linking him with various jobs back in Italy. I think he is looking for a way out (probably for his family's sake). I imagine that missing 3 or 4 transfer targets in the summer hasn't helped his mood. Nobody, bar Mourinho, has lasted more than 2 seasons in the job while RA has been owner, so him leaving soon is nothing out of the ordinary.

I think Hazard and Batshuyi can be excused a little after a tough game on a heavy pitch for Belgium in Bosnia Herzagovina.

3 hours ago, champers said:

I think Hazard and Batshuyi can be excused a little after a tough game on a heavy pitch for Belgium in Bosnia Herzagovina.

Clearly not everyone has it in them to excuse at least one of those two, whatever the circumstances.

25 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

I hope all this extra work for the tv footy forum has not put a dent in your golf handicap. :sleep:

Nope....but losing 30 kilos hasn't helped!.....Two more months and I can use the Mushroom tees!:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, wilai said:

Nope....but losing 30 kilos hasn't helped!.....Two more months and I can use the Mushroom tees!:thumbsup:

<deleted> 30kg mate that is huge. So no hurry for me to get down there and have a knock with you then? Not much fun up here in the sticks,only been here 3 days and the novelty has worn off ?

• Like 1

I thought I'd take a look at the replay of the Roma v Napoli game. Roma are a big and physical side without much pace although Perotti looked to have some foot on the left. Peres got forward on the right a couple of times as did Pellegrini. Under came on as substitute and looked quick. Dzeko looked ponderous as usual but was a danger in the air. I was impressed with Nainggolan in midfield. Strong, no nonsense in the tackle with an eye for a pass. What stood out was that, whenever Dries Mertens got the ball and ran at the cumbersome Roma defence, they shit their pants so, if Hazard is on form, he should enjoy himself. Fazio, who had an uninspiring spell at Spurs, came on as substitute for the injured Manolas.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

<deleted> 30kg mate that is huge. So no hurry for me to get down there and have a knock with you then? Not much fun up here in the sticks,only been here 3 days and the novelty has worn off ?

Wasn't thru choice believe me! In Pullman, Khon Kaen at the mo' Playing Singha Park on Weds. Back to BC on Thursday. You're welcome anytime mate. Just send a PM. Will get off your thread now!:sorry:

17 minutes ago, wilai said:

Wasn't thru choice believe me! In Pullman, Khon Kaen at the mo' Playing Singha Park on Weds. Back to BC on Thursday. You're welcome anytime mate. Just send a PM. Will get off your thread now!:sorry:

Okay mate...play well on Wednesday.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Been in the sticks for coming up to three years now - and I love it. I think the trick is to keep busy, Mrs BM has a duck farm, which forces us to get up in the morning, I potter about a bit in the garden and on the farm, I help a few family/local kids with their English, usually just a couple of hours on Sat & Sun but now they're over here reading stories for a couple of hours each day then they go out and play badminton and basketball in our yard.

We also go out on day trips and short breaks quite frequently. Yesterday we went to U-Thong, visited three places and quite enjoyed ourselves.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, oldgit said:

I thought I'd take a look at the replay of the Roma v Napoli game. Roma are a big and physical side without much pace although Perotti looked to have some foot on the left. Peres got forward on the right a couple of times as did Pellegrini. Under came on as substitute and looked quick. Dzeko looked ponderous as usual but was a danger in the air. I was impressed with Nainggolan in midfield. Strong, no nonsense in the tackle with an eye for a pass. What stood out was that, whenever Dries Mertens got the ball and ran at the cumbersome Roma defence, they shit their pants so, if Hazard is on form, he should enjoy himself. Fazio, who had an uninspiring spell at Spurs, came on as substitute for the injured Manolas.

Good bit of scouting, thanks. Let's hope we can put them under some pressure. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Time for a bit of a shake up...the Roma game was the 3rd leggy lethargic lifeless uncohesive performance in a row .....things have to change, and fast.....

where are u coming from??? that is all crap!!!   it was a huge improvement   from the  Palace  loss!!!!

in my view it was a cracker   of a match   by both sides,   all 6 goals scored  were corkers    2 goals  down  and  Roma   were  still coming at us , does,nt that tell you  something ??? as  for Watfords  run on side  ,its anyone guess   but we are not at panic stations  as your post suggest,  calm down laddy  thats my advice to you.     Chelsea  Win     perhaps 2.0     with  the bookies   on this one  

a very nice evening to all:smile:  

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Time for a bit of a shake up...the Roma game was the 3rd leggy lethargic lifeless uncohesive performance in a row .....things have to change, and fast.....Musonda needs to start against Watford,so too Rudiger and Kennedy and even Kyle Scott...rest Fab Alonso Dave And Baka ..Wilian has to give a lot more to the side. How Betfair has Watford at 17/2 is beyond me. I am hoping for the best....but.......

Well on the plus side, I don't think Les Fridge will be available for selection!