Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

My Spies are telling me that the Asia Cup will be confirmed soon, West Ham, Hull & Chelsea in Beijing ( Beijing Whatevertheirnameis ) starting on the 29th which would coincide with the end of your American Tour..

Any takers ??

I'm there..

I'm there....if you pay for my flight Singh, come on son you know you can afford it! :o

My Spies are telling me that the Asia Cup will be confirmed soon, West Ham, Hull & Chelsea in Beijing ( Beijing Whatevertheirnameis ) starting on the 29th which would coincide with the end of your American Tour..

Any takers ??

I'm there..

I'm there....if you pay for my flight Singh, come on son you know you can afford it! :o

I also read this morning that on their way to Beijing, they will stop in Bangkok for a day and put on a special football clinic and scrimmage with the Thai National team.

Any takers ??

I'm there..

I also read this morning that on their way to Beijing, they will stop in Bangkok for a day and put on a special football clinic and scrimmage with the Thai National team.

Straight Jimbo ??

Where did you read that Mate ??

Anything about that they're going to Beijing ??

Any takers ??

I'm there..

I'm there....if you pay for my flight Singh, come on son you know you can afford it! :D

Straight Jimbo ??

Where did you read that Mate ??

Anything about that they're going to Beijing ??

well I was hoping oldgit or seapock would win the April fools prize, but that honour goes to you MS.. sorry ( :o )

Any takers ??

I'm there..

** STOP PRESS - HOLD THE BACK PAGE **

West London Rent Boy asks East London Barrow Boy for a Cash Loan.. :D

Considering that current England Captain JT has been seen in drag recently - no doubt he had something to do with this request by Fabbie...

Capello also requested that the badge on the new England shirt be put higher than usual to avoid rubbing on players' nipples. (Daily Star) :o

Considering that current England Captain JT has been seen in drag recently - no doubt he had something to do with this request by Fabbie...

Capello also requested that the badge on the new England shirt be put higher than usual to avoid rubbing on players' nipples. (Daily Star) :o

I bet Terry normally pays good money for that in the establishments he normally frequents.. :D

Ashley Cole definately would.,..

Capello also requested that the badge on the new England shirt be put higher than usual to avoid rubbing on players' nipples. (Daily Star) :D

I bet Terry normally pays good money for that in the establishments he normally frequents.. :D

Those two boys are happily married family men, you wouldn't catch them straying! :o

Capello also requested that the badge on the new England shirt be put higher than usual to avoid rubbing on players' nipples. (Daily Star) :wai:

I bet Terry normally pays good money for that in the establishments he normally frequents.. :P

Those two boys are happily married family men, you wouldn't catch them straying! :o

:D:D:D

Nice one Seapok It shows you do have a snse of Humour :jerk: :D I will buy you one next time you are in BKK. :burp:

BT

Blues duo fear impact

Chelsea team-mates Frank Lampard and John Terry confess that taming Newcastle upon the return of Alan Shearer will prove a tough test.

Shearer has sensationally agreed to take over as Magpies manager for the remaining eight games of the season as the club battle Premier League relegation.

The St James' Park legend, who is set to face the media in a press conference shown live on Sky Sports News at 2.30pm on Thursday, will be in the hot-seat for the first time on Saturday when third-placed Chelsea arrive.

And Lampard - who was a part of the Chelsea side that played Manchester City after the arrival of Robinho in September - expects Shearer to have a significant impact upon spirits on Tyneside.

"A lot harder," Lampard told Sky Sports News when asked how difficult a fixture the trip to the North East now represents.

"You can imagine the atmosphere up there. Alan Shearer is a God, and quite rightly so. He will get the fans going and the players going.

"Unfortunately for us it seems to happen quite a bit. We had to play Manchester City when they had just signed Robinho.

"We have to react to the atmosphere and be on top of our game to get a result."

Chelsea captain Terry is also expecting a fierce match as the high-flying Blues continue to chase league silverware.

"He is Newcastle isn't he," Terry said. "So it will give them a big lift. It is down to us to go there.

"The title race is not over yet so we will be going there to upset them."

Hiddink expecting a response

Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink is expecting a fired-up Newcastle United at St James' Park following Alan Shearer's appointment as manager.

Shearer has taken charge of first-team affairs for the remainder of the season with manager Joe Kinnear still recovering from heart surgery.

Although Newcastle are in poor form and third from bottom in the Premier League ladder, Hiddink knows there will be a fresh atmosphere in the North East following the appointment of the fans' favourite.

"You have to respect the decision made by whoever is in charge. There's always a reaction when there's something happening in a club," he said on Sky Sports News.

"It was the same a little bit here. Some people felt they had to make a decision and then you get a reaction, within the club and team. Everyone knows their situation.

"Of course there will be a reaction from the team and from the crowd. So we can expect a tight game and a lot of fighting spirit from our opponents tomorrow."

Hiddink is fully aware of Shearer's ability as a player and knows that his mere presence in the Magpies' dressing room will have a massive effect on his squad.

"I respect him very much. I know him as a player," he added. "He is quite a personality and will have an influence on the team.

"There will be a hectic atmosphere tomorrow. It forces us to give everything we have.

"I cannot judge whether he will stay longer than eight games, that is not my big problem. But it is always good to have big players making a transition to a manager.

"But he will not play and I will not play. It is not a game between managers.

"The instant input and change in the dressing room will give their players a lot of energy and that is an extra aspect of the game we have to deal with tomorrow."

On the injury front Hiddink has confirmed Didier Drogba will be missing after the Ivory Coast international damaged his ankle in shooting practice.

Jose Bosingwa picked up an injury on international duty and joins Drogba on the sidelines for Saturday's game at St James' Park, although Nicolas Anelka is fit to start.

"Drogba has a problem," continued Hiddink. "We did some exercises where he got injured. There's a little bit of a problem.

"He won't be in the squad tomorrow. We did some shooting practice and he hit the ground with his toe and the reaction was in his ankle.

"Anelka is in. He practises better and better recently, so he's in the squad.

"Bosingwa got a hamstring injury. He won't be available for tomorrow's game. We'll see what he can do up until Wednesday. Carvalho had a little bruise, but he's in the squad."

Newcastle 0 - 2 Chelsea

Chelsea cleared any doubts inside Alan Shearer's head regarding the size of his mission to rescue Newcastle United from the peril of Premier League relegation with a 2-0 victory at St James' Park.

The ex-Magpies and England captain answered an SOS call from his flailing hometown club on Wednesday, but Frank Lampard and Florent Malouda ensured his eight-game managerial tenure opened in defeat in front of a disappointed 52,000 sell-out.

With Joe Kinnear convalescing from a triple heart bypass, Shearer, the top goalscorer in Newcastle history, arrived at the club's Benton training ground on Thursday morning preaching the benefits of man management and rebuilding confidence.

And his impact was evident from the first blast of referee Rob Styles' whistle, but Chelsea silenced supporters in a tight opening half and took the lead 11 minutes after the interval when Lampard headed in following an error from Fabricio Coloccini.

Chelsea arrived with eyes still on the title and Guus Hiddink's side reinforced their aspirations in the 65th minute as Malouda latched onto a pass from the excellent Lampard to slot a second for the visitors.

Replays demonstrated that Newcastle should have had a consolation when a deflected Michael Owen effort was cleared from behind the line by Ashley Cole with 15 minutes remaining as the Tyneside party ended in disappointment.

Newcastle now have just seven games in which to save themselves from relegation, the first of them at fellow strugglers Stoke next weekend.

The Magpies knew they would struggle to match Hiddink's men for innate skill and fluency, and decided to make up for that with effort and sheer bloody-mindedness.

Nicky Butt set the tone with a rugged early challenge on Michael Essien, and Jonas Gutierrez was fortunate to escape punishment for a two-footed lunge at John Terry which drew extended protests from the Blues skipper.

Chelsea rarely sidestep a battle and a tense encounter unfolded with the visitors pressing repeatedly, but meeting stern resistance and Newcastle attempting to hit them on the break.

Clear chances were few and far between, with Steve Harper having to pull off a fine 19th-minute save to keep out Salomon Kalou's diving header and Habib Beye just getting a touch to divert Nicolas Anelka's shot into the side-netting 14 minutes before the break.

The Magpies created only one real opening when Obafemi Martins, perhaps surprised that Jose Enrique's low cross had been allowed to reach him, stabbed just wide of the post with his knee as he reacted late.

But for Shearer, who spent much of the first 45 minutes of his reign stalking the technical area and barking out orders, there was much with which to be pleased.

However, he will have been concerned with the lack of quality of delivery from his wide men, and in particular with Ryan Taylor's inability to avoid the first man from a series of free-kicks in promising areas.

Owen and Martins combined to almost open Chelsea up within three minutes of the restart, but the visitors responded swiftly.

Essien drilled a long-range shot high and wide, but Malouda's clever spin took him in on goal with 51 minutes gone and Harper had to make another excellent block at his near post.

Martins fired wide under pressure from Terry and Alex three minutes later, but the opening goal came with 56 minutes gone, and it went to Chelsea.

Coloccini's dwelled in possession and was robbed by Anelka and, after a poked pass from Lampard, the ball again ran to the Frenchman, who chipped a shot over Harper and onto the woodwork, with Lampard easily heading the rebound into the empty net.

Gutierrez might have done better when he headed substitute Damien Duff's 64th-minute cross straight at Petr Cech, and his side's plight worsened within seconds.

Anelka flicked on Cech's clearance and Lampard slid the ball into the path of Malouda, who despatched a left-foot shot across Harper and into the net.

Owen thought he had pulled a goal back with around 15 minutes remaining when his deflected shot was cleared by Cole, with replays suggesting the ball had crossed the line.

The 29-year-old was in again two minutes later when Martins played him into space inside the box, but his left-foot shot was saved easily by Cech.

But it was the visitors who finished with a flourish as substitutes Michael Ballack and Franco di Santo, Malouda, Kalou and Lampard all went close.

Disappointed applause rang around St James' Park on the final whistle as the home fans trudged away hoping against hope that Shearer could yet be their saviour as Newcastle remain 18th, but fall three points from safety.

what news on your lot for wednesday, chelsea sorts? drogba likely to be fit? can tell you now that our line-up will be:

reina

arbeloa carragher skrtel aurelio

alonso lucas

kuyt gerrard riera

torres.

what news on your lot for wednesday, chelsea sorts? drogba likely to be fit? can tell you now that our line-up will be:

reina

alonso lucas

kuyt gerrard riera

torres.

What's the matter wiht Mascherano then Stevie ??

Still not got over the altitude thing or is it something else ??

reina

alonso lucas

kuyt gerrard riera

torres.

What's the matter wiht Mascherano then Stevie ??

Still not got over the altitude thing or is it something else ??

For Fulham he had not recovered understandably, but he still has to serve a one match ban (yellows).

yeah, pisses me off that ruling. used to be that bookings in the group stage were wiped out for the knockout part. so he misses the home leg but can play at the atmosphere-free stamford bridge, which is better than it being the other way around.

yeah, pisses me off that ruling. used to be that bookings in the group stage were wiped out for the knockout part. so he misses the home leg but can play at the atmosphere-free stamford bridge, which is better than it being the other way around.

with the away goal rule, i would suggest the opposite stevie, guess we'll see.

nah, we need to go out and attack them at home so mascherano's almost a wasted player when we do that. if we have something to defend in london then we'll need him more.

Edited by StevieH

nah, we need to go out and attack them at home so mascherano's almost a wasted player when we do that. if we have something to defend in london then we'll need him more.

I wonder what you would be saying if he was available for your home game and not for your away game? :o

I wonder what you would be saying if he was available for your home game and not for your away game? :o

i'd wish it were the other way around. as i said earlier.

Looks like Drogba will be available, but I suspect that Hiddink will start with Anelka as the lone striker with Drogba on the bench.After a couple of lacklustre efforts,Lampard returned to something like his best against Newcastle.We need him to play well for Chelsea to tick.Do you think Liverpool will play it cagily at first,lads,or will they come out all guns blazing?

Just think,up to the last minute of the Fulham game and Man.Utd's spat with Villa,we were a gnat's cock away from being just two points shy of the top.

Looks like Drogba will be available, but I suspect that Hiddink will start with Anelka as the lone striker with Drogba on the bench.After a couple of lacklustre efforts,Lampard returned to something like his best against Newcastle.We need him to play well for Chelsea to tick.Do you think Liverpool will play it cagily at first,lads,or will they come out all guns blazing?

Just think,up to the last minute of the Fulham game and Man.Utd's spat with Villa,we were a gnat's cock away from being just two points shy of the top.

yes and if I had big tits instead of big dick I would female but....

anyways, I hope you get at least one tomorrow night - goals that is, not dicks. :o

i think we'll come at you like we did with madrid. crowd will be noisy as hel_l and we'll look to try and get on top from the off. is carvalho still out? 'cos i think torres could give alex and terry a bit of a time.

i don't think you're completely out of the title race FWIW.

yes and if I had big tits instead of big dick I would female but....

anyways, I hope you get at least one tomorrow night - goals that is, not dicks. :o

Well,shucks,thanks Jim lad. :D

Come on my Blue Boys!! :o

Chelsea will attack, vows Hiddink

Guus Hiddink insists Chelsea will adopt an attacking approach in Wednesday's Champions League quarter-final first leg against Liverpool at Anfield.

"We will not just wait. Wherever we can, we will try to take the initiative," said the Blues manager.

"We will not sit back and wait until we are overcome. That is not the way to play football. That's not my philosophy or the team's concept.

"If you concede at home, it's always very difficult to recover from that."

Hiddink, who won the European Cup in 1988 as coach of PSV Eindhoven, has forged a reputation for attacking football and believes an away goal could be the key to securing a semi-final place.

Of teams who score away from home, 70% go through to the next round; if you can score in the away game, that's always a big blow for the home team," stated Hiddink.

Hiddink, who is also Russia coach, has made a successful start to his short-term role at Stamford Bridge, only losing one Premier League game against Tottenham.

"The managers can do so much but the players have to deliver," he added.

"We prepare; we have prepared for these beautiful end-of-season games, the finals, watched by the whole world. That is what we all want to be involved in.

"The players have to stick to the tactical plans we make; then it depends on which team makes the fatal error."

Liverpool have defeated Chelsea 1-0 and 2-0 in the Premier League this season and Liverpool coach Rafael Benitez argued that may give his side the psychological advantage.

"We have beaten them twice this season in the league, it will give us confidence but this is a different competition and it will be down to just one or two mistakes," said Benitez.

"We will not surprise them because we know each other really well but we clearly have to play with a high tempo if we can because we have the supporters behind us."

Come on my Blue Boys!! :o

Chelsea will attack, vows Hiddink

Guus Hiddink insists Chelsea will adopt an attacking approach in Wednesday's Champions League quarter-final first leg against Liverpool at Anfield.

"We will not just wait. Wherever we can, we will try to take the initiative," said the Blues manager.

"We will not sit back and wait until we are overcome. That is not the way to play football. That's not my philosophy or the team's concept.

Hiddink, who won the European Cup in 1988 as coach of PSV Eindhoven, has forged a reputation for attacking football and believes an away goal could be the key to securing a semi-final place.

Of teams who score away from home, 70% go through to the next round; if you can score in the away game, that's always a big blow for the home team," stated Hiddink.

Hiddink, who is also Russia coach, has made a successful start to his short-term role at Stamford Bridge, only losing one Premier League game against Tottenham.

"The managers can do so much but the players have to deliver," he added.

"We prepare; we have prepared for these beautiful end-of-season games, the finals, watched by the whole world. That is what we all want to be involved in.

"The players have to stick to the tactical plans we make; then it depends on which team makes the fatal error."

Liverpool have defeated Chelsea 1-0 and 2-0 in the Premier League this season and Liverpool coach Rafael Benitez argued that may give his side the psychological advantage.

"We have beaten them twice this season in the league, it will give us confidence but this is a different competition and it will be down to just one or two mistakes," said Benitez.

"We will not surprise them because we know each other really well but we clearly have to play with a high tempo if we can because we have the supporters behind us."

Hope you guys do go at us at Anfield :D and leave lots of room for Torres and Gerrard. I am actually looking forward to this now after seeing the other results... Anyway may the best team win over the two legs.

I personally see the pressure in the First Leg of these Games on the Away Team cos if they don't score, they may be in a whole heap of trpuble in the Return Leg at their place..

Chelsea HAVE to attack tonight & score at least one & if they don't, it'll be Liverpool who go through..

Not that i really give a <deleted> either way though.. :o