Pattaya Walking Street Go Go Bars in Midnight Raids

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just stupid...Plain stupid conduct...as usual and of no surprise

There are other more effective ways for the police and the authorities to combat the human trafficking and underage aspect of the flesh trade.

I know...too little to late and a show of force to let the public see and know they are "cracking down on this sort of thing......looks good but ineffective in the end

If anything they should announce that the go go bars are not illegal and not doing anything note worthy while we are not going to shut them down but we will be seriously cracking down on the human trafficking aspect and the underage aspect...and we have the means to do so.

Finish....and let the girls do their work without the fear of the police all the time raiding the establishments they work under and criminalizing the girls rather than arresting the owners, who know damn well a girl is underage and or she was or is being trafficked .

I know it is all about the money and the pay offs that usually keep the police away other than coming around to collect the extortion money.

All of this just ends up with the owners paying the police money and then back to the same old same old.

The human trafficking aspect or sexual slavery and forced sex under duress is the only part that irks me while the rest of it is just sex and no big deal over all while it may be unsavory in various aspects it is not going to go away so legalize it and regulate it and enforce the laws upon the operators in respect to the human trafficking aspect and the underage aspect or sexual slavery aspect or forced sex under duress aspect.

The rest of what goes on...carry on as usual.

I know wishful thinking but they could at least try and try to be consistent about enforcing those aspects.

Cheers

I'm glad to hear all ended well, with no underage girls. To allot of westerners the girls appear to look underage especially if new to Asia, But end up being in there early 20s. I do not want to be unintentionally with a underage girl from a gogo !!!

Doesn't underage in Thailand mean under 18?

yes but to work in bar/go-go they need to be at least 20.

For 18s and 19s there's always the coconut bar biggrin.png

Gogo dancers can be 18.

So based on some bogus tip they raid the place?? Whoever tipped them off should be charged

Corruption breeds mediocrity - it's ALL they know in their opportunism education.

Edited by MickRobbo

These "raids" continue to be nothing more than an orchestrated joke by the "police".

What's wrong with compliance verification during regular operating hours?

All businesses have to be compliant whether in Thai or abroad.

They have to make a show of it before the army comes. It can be a lot worse after that happens

the army is already there...

Did you notice the guy in green uniform on the right of the photo?

Since the new police chief took office, presence and visibility of both - police and army- has increased.

agree with post 14, when that Mamasan in cowboy groomed an under age girl some time ago, the whole of cowboy had to shut at midnight for 2 weeks.so the whole street had to suffer from one persons mis deed, (sounds about right) but that bar stayed open, the excuse was, it was not in cowboy. lol

These "raids" continue to be nothing more than an orchestrated joke by the "police".

They have to make a show of it before the army comes. It can be a lot worse after that happens
the army is already there...

Did you notice the guy in green uniform on the right of the photo?

Since the new police chief took office, presence and visibility of both - police and army- has increased.

Apparently you didn't read the news the other day about 6 military leader council taking over pattaya? That's what I was referring to.

Very soon there will be more Russian girls than Thai working in Walking Street and all with work permits

What an absolutely horrible thought! bah.gif

Edited by VBF

... I can't stand gobos but apparently Gramps A GoGo...aka 70 year old Uncle Jimmy from Jomtien.finds them divine for picking up 19 year old village girls . and then bragging how much he paid online. LOL.

I for one don't blame Uncle Jimmy for coming over the hill from Jomtien to trawl the WS go go's. Have you seen the lineup at "We Are No.1" go go over in Jomtien lately?

These "raids" are for show. Almost a given that the targets are provided ample time to remove any incriminating people or evidence before the surprise raid. Compliance is a facade.

As I am not a resident, patron, a member of the army or police force, I am not aware of what occurs in this city so may I ask, how is it that you have all this knowledge? Are you a resident, or does your knowledge evolve from either being involved with law enforcement or the club scene, or did you get the info from a reliable third party source?

well it is common knowledge, i was in a well known bar in soi 4 Bangkok a few months ago, i am known to all, Mamasan came along and said to the lady i sat with, "dont forget the cops will be paying us a visit within the next hour," and sure enough it happened

I'm glad to hear all ended well, with no underage girls. To allot of westerners the girls appear to look underage especially if new to Asia, But end up being in there early 20s. I do not want to be unintentionally with a underage girl from a gogo !!!

A very common scam ran by the Police in Angeles City, PI - hooking up tourists with a underage girl and raiding his hotel room, betcha_ass it happens here as well. coffee1.gif

Edited by TunnelRat69

Have you ever wondered that a person can work in a go-go bar at the age of 18, but can't legally drink until they are 20?

Next time you are feeling generous and start buying the lady drinks or ringing the bell, think about the scams you could be nabbed for.

My excuse for not buying lady drinks..........................wink.png

Doesn't look like it would have been a problem at this go-go, all look over 30.

well it is common knowledge, i was in a well known bar in soi 4 Bangkok a few months ago, i am known to all, Mamasan came along and said to the lady i sat with, "dont forget the cops will be paying us a visit within the next hour," and sure enough it happened

Given your post it would appear it is only known to those who frequent such establishments, therefore it is not common knowledge as those who were not in attendance would have no idea.

Edited by Si Thea01

A very common scam ran by the Police in Angeles City, PI - hooking up tourists with a underage girl and raiding his hotel room, betcha_ass it happens here as well. coffee1.gif

Never heard of that happening here. But a good reason to forget the Phillippines

Edited by morrobay

Never heard of that happening here. But a good reason to forget the Phillippines

Indeed. Scams like this rarely happen in Thailand.

Reports had been made that the venue was operating without a license

Thai police should get some advice from the British police, they have a computer system linked to various authorities no need to present paper documents, police know if car have tax, MOT, insurance or driver no valid licence.

With such a system the police would have known before they raided the bar if it had a licence... such checks before the raid would save on these "Egg on Face" moments ...or was it an PR exercise??? "all bars have correct licence, no under age girls or foreigners working illegally" 555

Just remember to raid the right bars... giggle.gif

Over the past decade or so Thai Gov. Org. have become pretty much computer interconnected. But it is like a mechanic who has a Proto toolbox with all the daily use mechanic tools but still uses the HAMMER. Giving workers the tools is not going to do it, you aalso have to teach them how to use the tools. And that is the part that is missing in Thailand and even if you do teach them (based on own experience) they will not part with their newly acquired knowledge to the next Thai because then that next guy will be as smart as he is. Good way to loose face.

Am curious. Are we talking about "raid", as in, police (or whoever) storm the place, block the exits, line everybody up including customers, and start checking for id, administering drug tests, etc.? Or "raid", as in, just a couple of police walking in and checking mngmt, employees, permits, licensing, etc., without really confronting customers or interrupting the bar routine? Maybe I've just missed them, but I haven't seen any reports of customers being picked up or drug-tested during this most recent round of "raids", though I do think it's happened in the past.

Am curious. Are we talking about "raid", as in, police (or whoever) storm the place, block the exits, line everybody up including customers, and start checking for id, administering drug tests, etc.? Or "raid", as in, just a couple of police walking in and checking mngmt, employees, permits, licensing, etc., without really confronting customers or interrupting the bar routine? Maybe I've just missed them, but I haven't seen any reports of customers being picked up or drug-tested during this most recent round of "raids", though I do think it's happened in the past.

The latter, I believe.