PM Prayut has no intention of staying in office

webfact

4 hours ago, timewilltell said:

Corruption come back? It never left and is doing very nicely in all quarters thank you.

I presume you have reported this to the authorities and done your part to stop it.Can you give some details or are you sworn to secrecy.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Thian said:

Please stay at the sideline mr Prayuth, we don't want BKK to become a warzone again. That's not good for tourism, business and the relation among people in the whole country.

I also fear the corruption to come back. 

No chance of that as Khun Suthep will be the next PM.:cheesy:

1 hour ago, louse1953 said:

Rubbish.There would have been civil war without him stepping in.Remember who is his patron.

The one thing most likely to lead to a civil war is the repeated denial of the choice made by the electorate, and the replacement of that choice by one favoured by an influential and wealthy minority, who control the "engines of state". It has happened three times so far this century and  the new "peoples constitution" is designed to ensure that it continues in perpetuity.

That is what could well, heaven forbid, lead to civil war.

5 hours ago, waldroj said:

"PM has no intention of staying in office"

I maintain that this is indeed the case. In my opinion, Prayut wants nothing less than the Presidency of the Privy Council!

• He gets an influential job for life;
  • he's still free to meddle in Thai politics;
  • he gets to mix with the "right" people; and,
  • he doesn't have to deal with the Hoi polloi!

Given the current ages of some of the existing Privy Councillors, Prayut's chances of getting a call-up in the near future look pretty promising indeed:

Name

Current Age

His Excellency General Prem Tinsulanonda 

His Excellency Mr. Tanin Kraivixien 

His Excellency General Surayud Chulanont

His Excellency Dr. Chaovana Nasylvanta

His Excellency Air Chief Marshal Kamthon Sindhvananda 

His Excellency General Pichitr Kullavanijaya

His Excellency Mr. Ampol Senanarong

His Excellency Admiral Mom Luang Usni Pramoj

His Excellency Mom Rajawongse Thepkamol Devakula

His Excellency Mr. Kasem Watanachai

His Excellency Mr. Palakorn Suwanrath

His Excellency Admiral Chumpol Pachusanon

His Excellency Mr. Atthaniti Disatha-Amnarj

His Excellency Mr. Supachai Poo-ngam

His Excellency Mr. Chanchai Likhitjitta

His Excellency Air Chief Marshal Chalit Pukbhasuk

These geriatrics are the real power in Thailand, and their only interest in the little people is in keeping them under control.  The new constitution will help in that regard.

4 hours ago, eggers said:

What's the damage he's done? Restored peace & order, putting long term infrastructure projects in place, dealing with corruption & improving the economy.

"Restored peace & order" = repression

"putting long term infrastructure projects in place" = plans, no progress

"dealing with corruption" = keep the envelops coming while blaming everything on the politicians

"improving the economy" = slowest growing large economy in southeast Asia.

1 hour ago, JAG said:

But he's got an amnesty.....

And a mandate, don't forget the mandate, someone will be along to explain that no doubt.

Of course he has a mandate.  The Thai people were given a clear choice:

1.  Accept military rule under the constitution written by the junta.

or

2.  Accept military rule under a constitution to be chosen by the junta.

How can anyone think he doesn't have a mandate?

Yet the majority voted for it.

See my above comment. 

Also, it was a majority of the 60% who bothered to vote, or so we were told.  There was no independent monitoring of the referendum, so the junta could report any result it wanted.

The police refused to do their job and the Army has to be asked to step in,which they weren't.The police had it under control apparently.When it became apparent that it was getting out of control,the Army had to step in.

The protest were fading, as was the violence.  The state of emergency was lifted in Bangkok.  There was a real chance of a successful election in July 2014, the Army had to step in.

50 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"Restored peace & order" = repression

"putting long term infrastructure projects in place" = plans, no progress

"dealing with corruption" = keep the envelops coming while blaming everything on the politicians

"improving the economy" = slowest growing large economy in southeast Asia.

Repression - what aren't you able to do, that could do prior to coup? 

Plans, no progress - major infrastructure plans are for up to 20 years, e.g inter ASEAN rail links w/ China. New TV article re: upgrade to Chaing Mai rail (170billion B) PM hails new trains - service from Bangkok to Chiang Mai slashed by three hours

Corruption - way of doing business throughout Asia, will need generational change.

Improving economy - at time of coup GDP was -0.5%  as at July 2016 3.5%. Is that not an improvement? Source: http://www.tradingeconomics.com/thailand/gdp-growth-annual

Guess if don't like it here can always leave!!

Edited by eggers

2 hours ago, tbthailand said:

before the general took power, it was the yellow shirts protesting... not the reds.

But that was the plan all along... did you not know that?

"Happy business, happy life" should maybe become "ignorance is bliss"

Yes that's what I said ( Yellow). And I said after this government, it will be Red's turn.  As it is Red , Yellow, Red, yellow, etc etc .

( Learn to read ) And yes it has been the plan for fifty years. ( As I stated ).

And I will drive my BMW to my 21 million dollar USD/ year  business and back to my 11 million baht home ( Blissfully ).

Happy Business, Happy Life.  And nothing else matters.

43 minutes ago, eggers said:

Repression - what aren't you able to do, that could do prior to coup? 

Plans, no progress - major infrastructure plans are for up to 20 years, e.g inter ASEAN rail links w/ China. New TV article re: upgrade to Chaing Mai rail (170billion B) PM hails new trains - service from Bangkok to Chiang Mai slashed by three hours

Corruption - way of doing business throughout Asia, will need generational change.

Improving economy - at time of coup GDP was -0.5%  as at July 2016 3.5%. Is that not an improvement? Source: http://www.tradingeconomics.com/thailand/gdp-growth-annual

Guess if don't like it here can always leave!!

"Repression - what aren't you able to do, that could do prior to coup? "

I can't list the things I can't say or post because of censorship.  More important, Thai people aren't allowed to discuss and express opinions.  They are definitely not allowed to choose their leaders or object to the leaders forced on them.  I'm not allowed to go into greater detail.

The train article you referenced indicates a major purchase from the junta's Chinese friends.  The trains aren't in service and it remains to be seen if the speeds promised will be delivered on existing track.

Corruption is a way of doing business in the Thai military http://government.defenceindex.org/countries/thailand/ .  Corruption won't end under corrupt military rule.

From your own reference, at the time of the coup GDP had dropped 0.5% during the quarter Suthep was causing chaos.  My statement about the slowest growing large economy in southeast Asa was correct:

Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia, in that order, are expected to be the top performers in 2016, with expansion rates of 7.0% and higher. At the other end of the spectrum, Brunei and Singapore are likely to be the worst performers, followed by Thailand. Among the rest of the region’s major economies, Vietnam and the Philippines will grow the fastest, with projected expansions of 6.1% and 6.3% respectively. Our panel of economists sees regional giant Indonesia expanding 5.0%. " http://www.focus-economics.com/regions/asean 

Edited by heybruce

20 minutes ago, bark said:

Yes that's what I said ( Yellow). And I said after this government, it will be Red's turn.  As it is Red , Yellow, Red, yellow, etc etc .

( Learn to read ) And yes it has been the plan for fifty years. ( As I stated ).

And I will drive my BMW to my 21 million dollar USD/ year  business and back to my 11 million baht home ( Blissfully ).

goodie for you. It's refreshing to see people who care about someone besides themselves. 

29 minutes ago, johng said:

Maybe a picture will help

BrhXk7dCYAAOCRL.jpg

Keep that picture handy. It will prove useful when the posters who continually ask that question ignore the answer, move on and ask the same question yet again in the next thread as though this one never happened....

1 minute ago, baboon said:

Keep that picture handy. It will prove useful when the posters who continually ask that question ignore the answer, move on and ask the same question yet again in the next thread as though this one never happened....

Very true, Baboon. And of course this list is not exhaustive (albeit exhausting!). Don't forget NOT to click 'ja' for a Facebook post, nor to use a red bowl - etc., etc.

5 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Brilliant!  Though even this can't list everything.  Censorship is so strict we can't discuss what is censored.

'Ha! So what about when Thaksin...?' in 5.. 4.. 3....

57 minutes ago, bark said:

I find your narcissistic value repulsive and your boasting obnoxious. People sacrifice their lives in their continuous struggle for equality and a better life. Maybe you should try understand why they do that and why disproportionate force were always used to suppress their struggles. Does your value also include poor people who are uneducated don't deserve to vote? Many things matters like humility, not just wealth.

"Humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less"    - CS Lewis

5 hours ago, bark said:

More people die in Traffic accidents; everyday.

They don't care; because they know after this government; Red shirts turn to protest.

So was it better for business before or after the General took control ?

As I said before; unless you are retired you should only care about making money to provide a better life for yourself,

and Family if you have one. My business is up 22 % over 2 years ago. More money for myself and employees.

Happy Business, Happy Life.

What business are you in; handcuffs and batons?

6 minutes ago, daftdada said:

They're not. Anytime you witness political violence it was stirred up by Thaksin's Red Shirt army. 

Anytime, seriously??? I didn't know Thaksin was behind the 1976 Thammasat U massacre and 1992 Black May violence?  

Noticed the subtle difference between "this government" and "I"?

Maybe this government has no intention to stay in power, but that is not so for the general himself. He stated it repeatedly that if there is no "good" man available, he will be the next PM. And of course what is a "good" man is up to the general to decide. (He said it several times that politicians are no good people!)

The whole so-called additional question of the referendum and it new interpretation are all aimed at one single thing: keep the general in power.

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Anytime, seriously??? I didn't know Thaksin was behind the 1976 Thammasat U massacre and 1992 Black May violence?  

Yes of course. Everybody knows that. And he is also behind the flooding in 2011 and the increase of teenage pregnancy...

I read Facebook posts from the Bangkok elite people. They know it too. Simple as that.

Honestly!

4 hours ago, louse1953 said:

Yet the majority voted for it.

Yes unfortunately they were fed the same rotten meat till they decided to swallow it. Its the Pavlov method. They do have a sense that once the ball starts rolling they can change its course. Highly unlikely. These military governments have reviewed all the mistakes made during past coups and new constitutions. They are like AI they learn from past  mistakes and keep evolving. You will be assimilated. Forced targeted democracy is becoming the new world order just more subtly applied in some countries than others. Here it is applied in a patricide manner. They have built a political border wall to shut out any future Shins or red shirt participation in the future "democracy" of this country.