rooster59

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, car720 said:

Times have certainly changed over the years.  In the past men would never bring their women with them.

You haven't been in Pattaya during the Russian invasion then.

Mind you Russian women are really good looking so they weren't a problem.

Hopefully the Russians will stick to Phuket though, as I'm hoping for lower prices in Pattaya and that won't happen if they think the Russians are coming back.

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

And possibly rush out when they find the beach chairs and umbrellas at the beach have all disappeared, what an insensitive comment for business owners

In Pattaya most Russians sit on the beach not using chairs. When they do use chairs everything they order have to be paid when order.

its mostly 7/11 that and cheap hotels that have increased sales here from them, and of course the local food market where they buy their fruit and veg.

17 minutes ago, Missing Troll said:

In Pattaya most Russians sit on the beach not using chairs. When they do use chairs everything they order have to be paid when order.

its mostly 7/11 that and cheap hotels that have increased sales here from them, and of course the local food market where they buy their fruit and veg.

Cheap Comrade

6 hours ago, Ulic said:

I was in Nha Trang in May and August. The place is full of Russians. Far more than English

speakers. Cheaper than Thailand, the beaches/water were cleaner hotels, food, alcohol

were cheaper and of excellent quality. All menus in Russian. Just no overt sex scene.The only

reason why some Russians are still coming to Thailand is the particular city they come from

does not have direct flights to Nha Trang or Da Nang. Just my thought. The Russians in Nha Trang

were all flying in direct on charters. Just my opinion but if countries like Vietnam, Cambodia, get

regular scheduled flight service to/from Western Countries Thai tourism would be in big trouble. As it is

BKK is well established and Phuket is also broadening its international travelers who can now fly

direct.

Vietnam Airlines have a lot of scheduled code-share flights with most airlines in the Sky Teams partnership. Wish means you can book a flight on Vietnam Airlines website that have their flight number. In 2013 when Vietnam air launched their direct flight to Moscow such was the 3rd direct flight to Russia 180.000 pax arrived most of the Russian 2013 came from 9 cities of Far East Russia thru Cam Ranh int. Airport

and they had 7-8 charter flights per week from Russia during winter season and 1-2 on low season

On 9/11/2016 at 3:03 PM, ChrisY1 said:

Simply a short respite that will not last.........they want cheap accommodation, cheap travel, a few fakes and then most of their cash goes into booze.....!

So? At least they're spending it unlike the Chinese I hear about!

“I can’t say that these Russians will be higher quality than those who came two years ago, but they are spending more – about B5,000 per person and a day,” Mr Sathirapong noted.

Did anyone else stumble over the first half of that sentence? I love how open and unfiltered the President of Phuket Tourist Association questions the quality...

13 hours ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

The bigger concern, is how many of these arriving Russians will stay?  I'd wager, these arrivals are not  just about tourism, but a fact finding mission to make Thailand their home.  Don't get me wrong they have the right to do so. But, to do so with dubious intent is not what Thailand needs.  We have enough weeds in the garden. 

You are over thinking it again

One thing about the Russians. They sure don't help Thailand for being the Land of Smiles. It must be against the Law to smile in Russia.  The Chinese always feel that they are right about things and so do the Russians.  I'm not sure if I like this combination our most popular tourist.