Poll for expats ... have you been required to fill out the personal info form?

Poll for expats ... have you been required to fill out the personal info form?   

254 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Have been asked for extension. Only filled out the required information, nothing about social media etc.

That's interesting.

I wonder if some offices are tending to do that, letting it go for 90 day reports, but requiring it for extensions which are much more of a "big deal" event. 

On my recent report I saw the pile of the forms on the intake desk and was really expecting them to push one at me but alas, they didn't. 

This was the Jomtien office, and I recently heard of other people getting the form there for 90 day reports.

I have a theory about this, that arriving to the office near CLOSING TIME, reduces the chance of getting the form. They would know it would take some time to fill in the form and many people won't have photos ... 

Just a theory! 

Was in Khon Kaen three times this year.

One 90 day report in July (a "mishap", out in 5 min), a transfer stamp to new passport in early August (sitting for two hours) and extension this month (out in 20 min).

No one asked for the form.

Not planning to go again until Sep 17.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Maybe should have asked what province, although I don't know if the poll function of Thai Visa is as powerful as Survey Monkey, where you could apply filters to the results.  

Anyway, I'm in Chiang Mai and have had two interactions with Imm. since this form finally found it's way up here -- re-entry permit and 90 day report.  Asked to submit form each time where it was tossed in a pile with no scrutiny, despite earlier reports of strict enforcement of picky thinks like the color background of the photo.

I was wondering if i would have to go to the immigration office to fill this in for the last 90 days (a girl working in the office usually does the 90 days for us) but no, still haven't filled one of them out. The last time i was at immigration was January (photo update for extension) but i don't think it was doing the rounds then.

This is Phitsanulok.

Khon Kaen office. Three visits for 90-day report - March, June and the last one last on 15th. September - and have never been asked for this form.

On the local KK forum, others have said they've had to complete the forms during a 90 day report but for myself - nothing. There seems to be little consistency - isn't that a surprise!

Annual extension is due in November but might go early, in October. Let's see whether or not it is requested then. 

Edited by MartinL

I've been doing my 90 day address reports by mail for the last couple of times...never in the return receipt did they say anything about submitting a personal info form next time.

But when I did my annual retirement extension of stay last month I had to complete one.    I had one already prepared in case they asked...the officer taking the application did ask by giving me a blank form to complete....I handed her my completed form....she glanced at it for about 2 seconds and just attached it to the other docs in the application.   The next officer reviewing the package glanced at it for about 3 seconds.  

My immigration office is Chaeng Wattana/Bangkok.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

Just did a 90 day in Tak, had already filled in one form when I renewed my visa, but was asked to fill in one again, mentioned that I all ready had done one the officer said thank you and gave me a different form that asks if any info has changed from the first time i filled one out. Asked the reason , answer to check to see if your address had changed, in the past they would do that on line with a verbal question , still in and out in less than 5 mins!

I do my 90 day reports by mail,so have never been asked to

fill the form, 1 visit a year to Chiang Mai Immigration is more

than enough for me, just hope by the time of my extension, 

next year this form will be forgotten about,just like having to

show I.D. to post a letter or parcel,that did not last long.

How many times do they really need to know ,where you live.

who knows what they will come up next to make things even

more difficult for us,that seems to be the trend.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

I have now filled the form in twice. Once when I applied for my marriage extension, and the second time when I went for the stamp five weeks later. 

I did politely explain that I had already done it, but was told it had to be filled out on every visit. This was at Chiang Mai. I need to remember to get some more photos done......

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is nationwide but there may still be a couple of offices that will not process the application when they receive it.

if it can be done, why still so many go to the immi office that in some cases might be very far away? I mean, one could try the online version and if there is an error, you can still go to the office in person. I am subject to these kind of things too in the near future