Group questions huge concession awarded to PM’s nephew

webfact

POLITICS

Group questions huge concession awarded to PM’s nephew

THE NATION 

30295980-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- THE ASSOCIATION for the Protection of the Thai Constitution (APTC) yesterday lodged a petition with the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) against Defence Ministry permanent secretary General Preecha Chan-o-cha over alleged irregularities in the awarding of concessions to a company belonging to Preecha’s son.

Srisuwan Janya, secretary-general of APTC, called for the NACC to investigate contracts between Preecha's son Pathompol, who owns Contemporary Construction Limited Partnership, and the Third Army Area, Water Resources Regional Office 9 in Phitsanulok province and the Tambon Administration Organisation (TAO) of the same province. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Group-questions-huge-concession-awarded-to-PMs-nep-30295980.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-23

A quick look at the tender evaluation documents should be sufficient to dispel the allegations, and placate the APTC.

If nothing else, it would seem to have been a very risky use of public money (on the part of the Third Army Area, the Water Resource Department, and the Tambon Administration Organisation) to award contracts worth ฿155 million to a company with a registered capital of just Bt1.5 million.

It is still going to be very interesting to see how this eventuates in the wake of the transparency seen at Rajabhakti Park - http://asiancorrespondent.com/2015/12/rajabhakti-park-controversy/

Transparent Thailand.jpeg

Ask all the questions and produce all the evidence you like but it's a pointless exercise, this regime is untouchable.  Prayuth granted himself and his crew complete amnesty from any wrong doings when he took the country and his has Article 44 to deal with anyone in anyway he pleases who question him.  He has absolute power over everything.

15 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

So this guy has a construction company with assets that equal the price of a new Fortuner, and he gets 11 government contracts? 

Amazing luck or is this guy just that talented?  :rolleyes:

Maybe he didn't know his dad and uncle were so important and powerful. Must have come as quite a shock, a bit like youngsters in the US finding out their family elders are mafia dons.

39 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Ask all the questions and produce all the evidence you like but it's a pointless exercise, this regime is untouchable.  Prayuth granted himself and his crew complete amnesty from any wrong doings when he took the country and his has Article 44 to deal with anyone in anyway he pleases who question him.  He has absolute power over everything.

Your completely on the button mate.

No way,  no how,  never ever will anything regardless of the evidence will any one be even get close to what is really going on with this lot, and their family...   (Ice-burg   tip of,,,,,)

As I said yesterday good O'l uncle P will back soon and woe betide anyone that call's to loudly for independent investigations as we know what the PM does with people/students who ask for this to much,,,,   GAOL and fines beatings kidnaping and intimidation of family followed by their arrest and chargers and gaol for them also.

As for the pelican's here on TVF that backed this lot and claimed they are the corruption fighters and hero's of the nation,  

Well donkey's we told you so............

My wife told me three days ago it was 155 million, but I in my wisdom said no blossom it's only 26.9 million, as to which a wager of washing the dishes for a week is now right up main street. (Bugga)

5 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Lots of questions indeed but let's not worry about the answers as there won't be any.

All government agencies including NACC are controlled by this family, so sure there will be no answers .... 

Edited by ikke

If you wanna preach about being clean and not corrupt, you have to be clean and not corrupt. This means avoiding any business deals that might even remotely look or smell like corruption or nepotism. Even if in fact they're completely clean, if there's a 0.1% of looking dirty, avoid it. 

It's not as if you need the money. 

Who will be first to try and obfuscate this (wholly junta generated) piece of corruption with references to the rice scheme?

We know the regime will come up with some extra billions to add to that cost.

What about it's friends on TV?  C'mon, don't be shy.

8 hours ago, Thechook said:

THIS regime is untouchable? When it comes to corruption, show me a Thai one that isn't.

I wonder what his father the general is worth? General Prayuth was worth nearly 700 million prior to his land sale and giving a lot of the profits to his daughters. But what is his brother worth? Money is easy to come by for generals it seems and there are so so many generals.

He was awarded the tender because he offered best value for money and indeed met all specs listed in the tender.

I was awarded a tender last year because all specs listed in the Government tender which " Supplied by me" were met by my good value offer?

Sweet Simple & Easy?

"...alleged irregularities in the awarding of concessions to a company belonging to Preecha’s son."

How about adopting a new term into the English language?...."Thai Coincidence". 

Just remember...You first heard it here folks.

Edited by jaltsc