Nana blockade! Soi 3 sealed off as 200 police swoop and make arrests

rooster59

2 minutes ago, starcandle said:

Police did a good job in my eyes, I hate being accosted by the Africans in that area, they are always staring at you, and if you make eye contact they are offering you drugs, good riddance I say 

Yeah right. 

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, YeahSiam said:

So who's buying the drugs then?

Don't know about buying, but according to the report, at least 20% of those stopped were using based on their urine tests.

"Manager reported that out of 30 tourists (dark skinned) checked there were 6 who had no passport and showed positive for drug use with a purple urine test."

3 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

I get what you're saying.

You hold your feeling about "bad" racism as more important than the proven effectiveness of racial profiling in deterring crime and terrorism.

You're not alone in that; many western European politicians are equally foolish. Which is why the people of Europe are turning their backs on their 'leaders' in unprecedented numbers.

All racism is evil. 

As for the rest of your post...

yeah right. 

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"News reports stressed that all those stopped and arrested were dark skinned."

That could mean a vast cross section of Thais could have been arrested.

Alternately,  the majority of people in soi 3 were dark skinned.

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Yeah right. 

So how come I've never encountered people offering me drugs other than Africans in that area of Sukhumvit ?

i appreciate drug culture is everywhere in the world, but in Bangkok I've never had a Thai national offer me drugs, only Africans ! I'm I a racist for only being offered drugs off Africans ? Nope I didn't think so 

Just now, YeahSiam said:

Only when it's the Thais doing it to the farangs.

Then, of course, it's racism

Farangs on overstay and doing other activities of a nefarious nature don't get any slack here from the hang 'em high brigade. Heck, we call for blood if we think you are even guilty of teaching English.

1 minute ago, starcandle said:

So how come I've never encountered people offering me drugs other than Africans in that area of Sukhumvit ?

i appreciate drug culture is everywhere in the world, but in Bangkok I've never had a Thai national offer me drugs, only Africans ! I'm I a racist for only being offered drugs off Africans ? Nope I didn't think so 

No one offers me drugs when I walk through there. However I never said don't arrest drug dealers. I said questioning people on the basis of their colour was racism. 

Because it is. 

The vast majority of drug dealers here were born here. 

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Arresting people on the basis of their colour is racial profiling. 

Arrest drug dealers, no one's complaining about that, but do it on the basis of evidence not colour. 

Many ways to catch a fish, they did it this way and got some results! So . . . they got results       if all the drugs were legal these so called

"scum", even "black scum", wouln't have a job would they? End of the story right there

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Nonsense. 

The vast majority of crime in Thailand is committed by Thais. 

Are you suggesting every Thai is arrested in this stupid manner?

Oh dear, they were after the foreign criminals and most ( ?all ) foreigners living on Soi 3 are dark skinned. How many white westerners do you know of that live on Soi 4 and are involved in the drug trade and other nefarious activities?

Hnanananana.JPEG

Having looked at this photo twice, it must occur to most people that pretty well everyone visible in that picture is '"dark skinned" as opposed to "light skinned .Why didn't the report just say that they had encounetered a large number of people  from West Africa, or would that also be incorrect?

3 hours ago, Cockwomble said:

I suppose they could have said all those arrested were "Chocolate Man", so "Dark Skinned" is an improvement on the usual racism. 

Why didn't they just say Nigerians?  We all know they're the main culprits anyway.

1 minute ago, ratcatcher said:

Hnanananana.JPEG

Having looked at this photo twice, it must occur to most people that pretty well everyone visible in that picture is '"dark skinned" as opposed to "light skinned .Why didn't the report just say that they had encounetered a large number of people  from West Africa, or would that also be incorrect?

According to some, the police have to go to where the people are white skinned and check all their passports as well, even though the police know that the criminals are on Soi 3 where most people are dark skinned. However, this is THAILAND, and the police don't have to do all that BS. If people want different, they don't have to come to LOS.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh dear, they were after the foreign criminals and most ( ?all ) foreigners living on Soi 3 are dark skinned. How many white westerners do you know of that live on Soi 4 and are involved in the drug trade and other nefarious activities?

Questioning and stopping people on the basis of their colour is racial profiling and that is racism.

13 minutes ago, Maggusoil said:

Many ways to catch a fish, they did it this way and got some results! So . . . they got results       if all the drugs were legal these so called

"scum", even "black scum", wouln't have a job would they? End of the story right there

Racial profiling is racist, inefficient, and stupid.

3 hours ago, darrendsd said:

I read this story and wondered how long the first racial profiling comment would take

It is not racial profiling, the blacks down lower Suk are drug dealing scum, no exceptions, they have been at it down there for years, everyone knows it and if you don't you don't live in the real world

If all or most criminals are green skinned, it does not mean all or most green skinned people are criminals. So arresting based on being green is racial profiling. Arresting based on evidence of being a criminal is the way forward, don't ya tink?

Get it? Bit too subtle? Go one, make the grey matter hurt, work it, get a thought to emerge from the deep rust.