• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, roo860 said:

.Sarsons?

emoji106.png

How was the fish? Don't say dead!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

OK ... Never thought of saying that, but thats good.  I'll say it wasn't alive , but very 

delicious... Takes 2nd place only to our deep fried garlic fish.  Film at eleven.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

sardines, if good quality and small make good snacks. A flat can with 2 layers of fish (small fish) in oil is what I look for but are almost impossible to find here in CM. Rimpin on the river used to get them (Norway) but they went to a cheaper, brand which is only good for cat food. sorry for off topic but saw sardines mentioned. fish and chips for a real meal

1 hour ago, jonwilly said:

Gonzo in the real world your an OK sort of guy.

But Whatever that photo is showing does not deserve a place in this most serious thread.

john

Hang your head in shame.

For you guys, be it known that I accept you having your opinion.  but unfortunately for you, [and me] that opinion is not shared by those who eat it,,,,,,, rather than cast opinions of something you have never tried.

8 hours ago, stament said:

what the heck is that fish? totally flat and looks very unappetising. 

Your statement absolutely amazes me.....someone who rates the desirability  of food by its shape.

You must also dislike pancakes, fried eggs, bacon, ham,  etc etc.   But you are entitled to your opinion.  If you should come by to try it, let me know....... we will try and roll it into a tube shape for you.

54 minutes ago, Gonzo the Face said:

For you guys, be it known that I accept you having your opinion.  but unfortunately for you, [and me] that opinion is not shared by those who eat it,,,,,,, rather than cast opinions of something you have never tried.

The thing is.. To brits.. Fish and chips, means so much more than merely fish serves with chips.. 

:) 

Have to say Norden posted a set lunch deal with fish and chips as an option... Now admittedly it was all a bit neuvelle and deconstructed served on a slate or something.. But it looked crisp and crunchy.. 

EDIT :: Heres the facebook pic.. Chips get demerit points tho.. 

15442218_1314491508615618_8539864469591338126_n.jpg

Edited by LivinLOS

The thing is.. To brits.. Fish and chips, means so much more than merely fish serves with chips.. 

Have to say Norden posted a set lunch deal with fish and chips as an option... Now admittedly it was all a bit neuvelle and deconstructed served on a slate or something.. But it looked crisp and crunchy.. 

15442218_1314491508615618_8539864469591338126_n.jpg.a6816141f5501e61a7ca8349c80ce92e.jpg

Pity about the 'chips'. They look like they've been whittled out of wood.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

2 hours ago, Gonzo the Face said:

Your statement absolutely amazes me.....someone who rates the desirability  of food by its shape.

You must also dislike pancakes, fried eggs, bacon, ham,  etc etc.   But you are entitled to your opinion.  If you should come by to try it, let me know....... we will try and roll it into a tube shape for you.

Gonzo, I am always willing to be proven wrong so will come next week and sample it.  However, I still stand by initial thoughts, it looks undesirable. As for the actual taste I will given my honest opinion next week ?

ps Glad I amazed you ?

Edited by stament

2 hours ago, Gonzo the Face said:

I think you are being overly defensive.

The picture was unappealing and people ARE attracted by appearance - marketing proves that.

Suggest you remove that one from your advertising as it sounds like it doesn't do you, or your establishment, justice.

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

15442218_1314491508615618_8539864469591338126_n.jpg

Chips? thought they were burnt bread sticks.

I have dined at Gonzo's place several times and been well satisfied with his Food as served.

But As most folk know to us poor Brits there is only one Fish & Chips, Cod, North Sea or Atlantic Cod Fried in Beer Batter preferably in Lard, served with double fried potatoes "Chipped" into the size we prefer. Not Frog Fries.

Simple honest folk us Brits. As one Winston Spencer once said 

2 Folks separated by a common language. Or somefing like that.

john

Cheers troops.

If I owned a restaurant ,I would never post pictures on here,

no matter how good the food and presentation looked or

the cost very competitive,someone would always give you

a bad review,as you cannot satisfy all the people all of the time,

That said,breaded fish and chips does not do it for me,the funny

thing is when they started offering fried fish in olde London town,

the customers throw the batter away and only ate the fish,the

batter was just used to protect the fish while it was deep fried.

not a lot of people know that:whistling:

regards worgeordie

18 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

If I owned a restaurant ,I would never post pictures on here,

no matter how good the food and presentation looked or

the cost very competitive,someone would always give you

a bad review,as you cannot satisfy all the people all of the time,

That said,breaded fish and chips does not do it for me,the funny

thing is when they started offering fried fish in olde London town,

the customers throw the batter away and only ate the fish,the

batter was just used to protect the fish while it was deep fried.

not a lot of people know that:whistling:

regards worgeordie

I did :smile:

14 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

"the customers throw the batter away and only ate the fish"

Mucking suffeners, throwing away a good part ! We used to beg for 'Scraps', small pieces of batter that the Chippy collected.

john

Sucking Foutherners would be true Spoonerism.

Drip tray beer sold as a "pint of slops" and a "bag of scraps" on the way home, was the night out for the impoverished of Lancashire, according to Dad, RIP.

2 hours ago, Paul Catton said:

Sucking Foutherners would be true Spoonerism.

Drip tray beer sold as a "pint of slops" and a "bag of scraps" on the way home, was the night out for the impoverished of Lancashire, according to Dad, RIP.

Because of 'Elf & Safety' you cannot buy 'slops' of beer any more but you can still get batter 'scraps' in the private F&C shops in Glasgow!

PS; Again because of 'Elf & Safety' the F&C shops now have to use 'proper' food paper wrappings - not old newspapers!  I am sure the type ink and malt vinegar added to the taste (along with the large pickled onions)!