Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

2. 173

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

3. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

4. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

5. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

6. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

7. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

8. 25

9. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

10. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

11. 1

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

12. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

13. 25

Crazed Belorussian man hospitalised in Phuket

snoop1130

Crazed Belorussian man hospitalised in Phuket

Eakkapop Thongtub

1478682107_1-org.jpg

Rescue workers assist the crazed Belorussian man, 34-year-old Kirill Belov. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- A Belorussian man was taken to hospital yesterday (Nov 8) after he became frantic and disappeared into a rubber plantation claiming to see dead people. He was later found walking down a street naked.

At 7pm yesterday Thalang Police Capt Norot Boonsiri sent police officers and rescue workers to search for a crazed foreign man who was reported to have gone crazy and taken off his clothes before running into the rubber plantation across from the Shell gasoline station on Thepkrassattri Rd in Thalang.

The man was later named by police as 34-year-old Kirill Belov from Belarus.

While searching for the man in the plantation, police were notified by local resident, Mr Mongkonpat Poopanna, 34, that he had spotted a naked foreigner walking down the road not far from the area where he was last seen.

Mr Mongkonpat told police that he tried to ask the man if he needed help but the man seemed delusional so he called police.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/crazed-belorussian-man-hospitalised-in-phuket-59795.php#d2PYEUdgCZlTIo44.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-11-09

Belarusian 'possessed by evil spirits' after trip to Samui

Winai Sarot

1_2016111015548804_fhkbONgCFbYEhrhevDTil

PHUKET:-- A hallucinating Belorussian man ran amok in Thalang on Tuesday night, shouting that he could see dead people as he stripped himself naked and ran into a rubber plantation near the Shell gas station on Thepkrasattri Road, where he and a friend had pulled up on a motorcycle.

He was later found and subdued by locals, who, believing the man had been possessed by evil spirits, performed impromptu rituals with Buddha image amulets. 

Police arrived at the gas station at 7pm and questioned Starheyeu Aliaksandr, 34, who said his friend, Kirill Belov, 34, had been acting strangely and was confused about his own state of mind since a recent trip to Koh Samui.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Belarusian-possessed-evil-spirits-trip-Samui/65849?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-11-10

I can think of any number of chemicals he may have been exposed to that would have sent him into hallucinations, chasing ghosts in rubber plantations.

Could have been accidental, or could have been an attempt to separate him from his valuables.

There but for the grace of God (or luck of the draw for you atheists)...

On 09/11/2016 at 11:39 PM, Thaiwrath said:

I think the correct spelling is'Belarusian'.

You are right, I was wondering about the spelling. It didn't seem right, because i used to have penpal in that country. A nice school girl who speaks excellent french.

7 minutes ago, madusa said:

You are right, I was wondering about the spelling. It didn't seem right, because i used to have penpal in that country. A nice school girl who speaks excellent french.

Admittedly, I spelt it wrong, running off the OP.

Did your pen pal spell it like this, беларускае?  :smile:

Edited by NamKangMan